Snappy Fax, WinFax and other "fixes"

Cyn

Snappy Fax, WinFax and other "fixes"
Snappy Fax is great, it just doesn't work very well with VOIP, so I had to continue my search. I've found lots of forums upon which folks have installed WinFax Pro 10.3, upgraded to 10.4 and then managed to fax from Vista with a few little adjustments. I may or may not do that. What I DID do is cancel my Vonage fax line and sign up, for about the same price, for Send2Fax Internet faxing services for now. I may try the WinFax Pro trick...I may not. Time marches on. But I agree with everyone who says Microsoft should come up with a product we can use. Assuming that home users didn't need that capacity was the height of arrogance. As a screenwriter, I faxed daily--often several times daily. The Net compromise will make that somewhat easier when I travel...but it galls me that I LOST something when I upgraded thinking I would have more than before...

Cynthia Dagnal Myron
George

Re: Snappy Fax, WinFax and other "fixes"
Can you tell us where to find the fixes for winfax ?
Thanks
George
"Cyn" <cdagnalmyron@comcast.net> wrote in message news:B48DE5DC-CC8F-4749-AF73-912B9711466B@microsoft.com...
[...]

I started here:

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ib3...=17;t=146;st=0

And then I just went searching for WinFax Pro, and the patch they talked about which is here:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...04?Open&src=_w

I'm going to try this when I get my WinFax Pro OEM disk.

Cyn