Vista Ultimate and Visioneer Scanner

bubba

Vista Ultimate and Visioneer Scanner
I am trying to use my Visioneer Scanner with Vista Ultimate with very bad
results. Does anyone have any positive results with Vista Ultimate and any
Visioneer Scanner?? TIA

JoRene

Re: Vista Ultimate and Visioneer Scanner
I had gotten a Visioneer 8700 USB scanner working with Vista RC2, Ultimate
version. I've installed it twice under different circumstances. The first
time I did a clean install to an older computer. I no longer have it
installed, but my recollection is that it scanned in the Windows scanner
application. The 2nd install was on a new computer, and I did an upgrade
install with the previous Visioneer and Paperport scanner applications
installed. I also no longer have that installed (waiting for the final
version to arrive), but the scanner was working using the paperport
application. I was surprised, but glad.

"bubba" <bubba1213@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use my Visioneer Scanner with Vista Ultimate with very bad
>results. Does anyone have any positive results with Vista Ultimate and any
>Visioneer Scanner?? TIA

vanilla

Re: Vista Ultimate and Visioneer Scanner
I have purchased three or four Visioneer scanners over the last seven years
(they flow to family members as I upgrade.) My current scanner, the
Visioneer USB 9420, would not work with Vista (but I knew this going in
because of the Vista Upgrade Advisor.) I have been checking for
Vista-compatible drivers, hoping they would be released shortly after the
late January consumer rollout of Vista. Then I read that Vista-compatible
drivers will not be available until maybe May. Couldn't wait that long.

So I bought an HP Photosmart C4180 and downloaded the full Vista-compatible
software for it and am able to scan again. I do miss PaperPort, though (that
was why I stayed with Visioneer each time.) I have PP11 on my list of things
to buy when I earn some extra money ... but for now, with no drivers coming
for several months, and no guarantee that mine would be among the models
supported, I had to do something else.

Best of luck ... Visioneer scanners with PaperPort is a hard-to-beat combo.

vanilla

bubba said ...

I am trying to use my Visioneer Scanner with Vista Ultimate with very bad
results. Does anyone have any positive results with Vista Ultimate and any
Visioneer Scanner?? TIA

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Vista Ultimate and Visioneer Scanner
In article <952B69DF-2A68-4D7E-9C58-A738B1AA809D@microsoft.com>,
Vanilla wrote:
> I do miss PaperPort, though (that*was why I stayed with Visioneer >

each time.)

Isn't it in Omnipage these days? Scansoft phoned me the other day to
try and get me to buy Omnipage 15 ......

I tried to explain that OP11 did all I actually needed.