Vista, Windows Fax

=?Utf-8?B?Ti4gQnJvd24=?=

Vista, Windows Fax
Where can I find the windows fax application? Is there one in Vista? I'm used
to faxing directly from my PC.
JoRene

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
What version do you have? If it is the Home Premium, the fax software is no
longer included.
"N. Brown" <N. Brown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find the windows fax application? Is there one in Vista? I'm
> used
> to faxing directly from my PC.

=?Utf-8?B?TS4gS3JhbnR6?=

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
Is there a way to buy/install the Microsoft fax program, other than upgrading
to Ultimate? As a advanced home user faxing is important, but the rest of the
Ultimate features are overkill for me.

Can features be added "ala carte?" If not, might be a good idea for MSFT in
the future?

"JoRene" wrote:

> What version do you have? If it is the Home Premium, the fax software is no
> longer included.
> "N. Brown" <N. Brown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Where can I find the windows fax application? Is there one in Vista? I'm
> > used
> > to faxing directly from my PC.

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
No, there is no way to buy the Microsoft Fax service for Vista other than
upgrading Vista to a version that includes it. No, there are no current
plans at Microsoft (that I'm aware of) to make this service available "a'la
carte". Currently, the only way to add faxing to any of the Vista home
editions is via a third party application such as
http://www.snappysoftware.com/index.html.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"M. Krantz" <MKrantz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to buy/install the Microsoft fax program, other than

upgrading
> to Ultimate? As a advanced home user faxing is important, but the rest of

the
> Ultimate features are overkill for me.
>
> Can features be added "ala carte?" If not, might be a good idea for MSFT

in
> the future?
>
> "JoRene" wrote:
>
> > What version do you have? If it is the Home Premium, the fax software

is no
> > longer included.
> > "N. Brown" <N. Brown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Where can I find the windows fax application? Is there one in Vista?

I'm
> > > used
> > > to faxing directly from my PC.

=?Utf-8?B?ancxOTQx?=

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
After installing Vista, whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get an error message
that C:\windows\system32\fxset32.dll can't be loaded and that the add-in
should be uninstalled. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

> No, there is no way to buy the Microsoft Fax service for Vista other than
> upgrading Vista to a version that includes it. No, there are no current
> plans at Microsoft (that I'm aware of) to make this service available "a'la
> carte". Currently, the only way to add faxing to any of the Vista home
> editions is via a third party application such as
> http://www.snappysoftware.com/index.html.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "M. Krantz" <MKrantz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to buy/install the Microsoft fax program, other than

> upgrading
> > to Ultimate? As a advanced home user faxing is important, but the rest of

> the
> > Ultimate features are overkill for me.
> >
> > Can features be added "ala carte?" If not, might be a good idea for MSFT

> in
> > the future?
> >
> > "JoRene" wrote:
> >
> > > What version do you have? If it is the Home Premium, the fax software

> is no
> > > longer included.
> > > "N. Brown" <N. Brown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
Outlook 2007 does not use that Add-in. It has been replaced by
UmOutlookAddin.dll
Look in Tools > Trust Center... > Add-ins
How did you get to this point> Did you attempt an inplace upgrade of Windows
XP? If so was Windows XP using Fax integration with Outlook 2007 before the
upgrade?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"jw1941" <jw1941@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Vista, whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get an error
> message
> that C:\windows\system32\fxset32.dll can't be loaded and that the add-in
> should be uninstalled. Can anyone tell me how to do that?
>
> "Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:
>
>> No, there is no way to buy the Microsoft Fax service for Vista other than
>> upgrading Vista to a version that includes it. No, there are no current
>> plans at Microsoft (that I'm aware of) to make this service available
>> "a'la
>> carte". Currently, the only way to add faxing to any of the Vista home
>> editions is via a third party application such as
>> http://www.snappysoftware.com/index.html.
>>
>> Hal
>> --
>> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
>> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
>> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
>> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>>
>> "M. Krantz" <MKrantz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a way to buy/install the Microsoft fax program, other than

>> upgrading
>> > to Ultimate? As a advanced home user faxing is important, but the rest
>> > of

>> the
>> > Ultimate features are overkill for me.
>> >
>> > Can features be added "ala carte?" If not, might be a good idea for
>> > MSFT

>> in
>> > the future?

>> is no

>> I'm

=?Utf-8?B?ancxOTQx?=

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
Yes, Russ, that exactly right. I was using XP and installed the Vista upgrade
provided by DELL. But when I went to the trust center and looked at the
add-in, I couldn't find this one there and that's what perplexed me and why I
posted this request for help.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Outlook 2007 does not use that Add-in. It has been replaced by
> UmOutlookAddin.dll
> Look in Tools > Trust Center... > Add-ins
> How did you get to this point> Did you attempt an inplace upgrade of Windows
> XP? If so was Windows XP using Fax integration with Outlook 2007 before the
> upgrade?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "jw1941" <jw1941@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After installing Vista, whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get an error
> > message
> > that C:\windows\system32\fxset32.dll can't be loaded and that the add-in
> > should be uninstalled. Can anyone tell me how to do that?
> >
> > "Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:
> >
> >> No, there is no way to buy the Microsoft Fax service for Vista other than
> >> upgrading Vista to a version that includes it. No, there are no current
> >> plans at Microsoft (that I'm aware of) to make this service available
> >> "a'la
> >> carte". Currently, the only way to add faxing to any of the Vista home
> >> editions is via a third party application such as
> >> http://www.snappysoftware.com/index.html.
> >>
> >> Hal
> >> --
> >> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> >> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> >> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> >> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> >> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
> >>
> >> "M. Krantz" <MKrantz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> upgrading
> >> the

> >> in

> >> is no
> >> I'm

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
You should have said so in your first post. How about the answer to the rest
of my questions?
--
> Yes, Russ, that exactly right. I was using XP and installed the Vista
> upgrade
> provided by DELL. But when I went to the trust center and looked at the
> add-in, I couldn't find this one there and that's what perplexed me and
> why I
> posted this request for help.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Outlook 2007 does not use that Add-in. It has been replaced by
>> UmOutlookAddin.dll
>> Look in Tools > Trust Center... > Add-ins
>> How did you get to this point> Did you attempt an inplace upgrade of
>> Windows
>> XP? If so was Windows XP using Fax integration with Outlook 2007 before
>> the
>> upgrade?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "jw1941" <jw1941@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After installing Vista, whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get an error
>> > message
>> > that C:\windows\system32\fxset32.dll can't be loaded and that the
>> > add-in
>> > should be uninstalled. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Vista, Windows Fax
You should also be aware that we have learned that Dell has done a sloppy
job with its Vista installations. It strands a utility written for them by
Compulink that has caused problems with Outlook 2007 and its Addins.
Ultimately, I suspect your recourse may be with Dell.

Sorry, make that Cyberlink.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]