Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate

=?Utf-8?B?SS4gUmF1?=

Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate
I am having trouble printing from Internet Explorer. when I try to print, I
get the message "This action is restricted. For more information, please
contact your system administrator."

I am logged in as administrator. What can I do to fix this? I can print fine
elsewhere, just not from IE. I am using Vista Ultimate.
Jonathan Yaniv

Re: Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate
Try right clicking Internet Explorer and selecting, run as administrator,
then try to print.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

"I. Rau" <IRau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble printing from Internet Explorer. when I try to print, I
> get the message "This action is restricted. For more information, please
> contact your system administrator."
>
> I am logged in as administrator. What can I do to fix this? I can print
> fine
> elsewhere, just not from IE. I am using Vista Ultimate.

=?Utf-8?B?Z3VlbnRoZXI=?=

Re: Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate
i have the same problem.
running as "run as admin" did not help. also run as "without add-ons" did
not help.

"Jonathan Yaniv" wrote:

> Try right clicking Internet Explorer and selecting, run as administrator,
> then try to print.
>
> --
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Jonathan Yaniv
> Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert
>
> Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
> http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/
>
> "I. Rau" <IRau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having trouble printing from Internet Explorer. when I try to print, I
> > get the message "This action is restricted. For more information, please
> > contact your system administrator."
> >
> > I am logged in as administrator. What can I do to fix this? I can print
> > fine
> > elsewhere, just not from IE. I am using Vista Ultimate.

=?Utf-8?B?Z3VlbnRoZXI=?=

RE: Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate
i solved the problem on my workstation.

i used tweakvi to set some settings. tweakvi allows you to disable certain
menu-entries from IE. and i think they have a little bug which also disables
printing (i checked it, the option was not set). i enabled all settings
/menu-entries/ and now i can print again from IE.

"I. Rau" wrote:

> I am having trouble printing from Internet Explorer. when I try to print, I
> get the message "This action is restricted. For more information, please
> contact your system administrator."
>
> I am logged in as administrator. What can I do to fix this? I can print fine
> elsewhere, just not from IE. I am using Vista Ultimate.

yaniv4345

Re: Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate

I have also a problum by my IE crashes any one can halp me?

--
yaniv4345
Malke

yaniv4345 wrote:

> I have also a problum by my IE crashes any one can halp me?

Make a new post and include all pertinent details about your computer and
your situation. These links will help you:

How to Post:
http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.htm - How Not to Get Technical Help on
Usenet

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Brian

RE: Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate
If you have recently installed AVG Free 8.x uninstall this program and
reinstall AVG 7.x. AVG Free 8.x seems to have an odd interaction with IE7
Protected Mode and it prevents IE from printing to a local printer.

I found I was able to print to anything but a local physical printer (e.g. I
could print to a PDF without issue).

The only other alternative is to disable IE7 protected mode, but this isn't
really a good option, uninstalling AVG 8.x Free and using another
virus/malware scanner is a better option.

Brian
--
Brian Moffitt, MCSE 2003