HP 'Access Denied' error - Resolution

jel183\(UK\)

HP 'Access Denied' error - Resolution
Maybe of interest to some... Having experienced the 'Access denied' message
when trying to connect my Vista to a shared HP PSC1317 connected to an XP
Home machine I have finally solved the problem:

I downloaded and installed this new HP Vista package on my Vista machine:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 53494&lang=en

I then went to 'Add printer' > Local printer > Create a new port > Local
port > port name > typed in the shared path > added the HP Deskjet D1300
series as the printer (as the PSC 1317 was not offered) > printed test page
and it WORKED !

--
jel183(UK)
Vista Ultimate x86

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

RE: HP 'Access Denied' error - Resolution
Well....This did not work for me--perhaps I'm not sophisticated enough to
follow the protocol disclosed here. This continues to be one of the more
frustrating experiences I've had in a very long time.

Kind regards.
--
Steve

"jel183(UK)" wrote:

> Maybe of interest to some... Having experienced the 'Access denied' message
> when trying to connect my Vista to a shared HP PSC1317 connected to an XP
> Home machine I have finally solved the problem:
>
> I downloaded and installed this new HP Vista package on my Vista machine:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 53494&lang=en
>
> I then went to 'Add printer' > Local printer > Create a new port > Local
> port > port name > typed in the shared path > added the HP Deskjet D1300
> series as the printer (as the PSC 1317 was not offered) > printed test page
> and it WORKED !
>
> --
> jel183(UK)
> Vista Ultimate x86
> MS Office 2003 Standard Edition

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP 'Access Denied' error - Resolution
See if the information that helped Birk will work for you. If not please
start a new post with exact errors and the model of the printer you are
using as well as some network information.

This KB article explains it all. I used the steps in the Printer
Sharing section to successfully share my LaserJet 2500 with my old XP
system. Here's the article URL:

Birk Binnard
http://www.birkbinnard.com

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Well....This did not work for me--perhaps I'm not sophisticated enough to
> follow the protocol disclosed here. This continues to be one of the more
> frustrating experiences I've had in a very long time.
>
> Kind regards.
> --
> Steve
>

> "jel183(UK)" wrote:
>
>> Maybe of interest to some... Having experienced the 'Access denied'
>> message
>> when trying to connect my Vista to a shared HP PSC1317 connected to an XP
>> Home machine I have finally solved the problem:
>>
>> I downloaded and installed this new HP Vista package on my Vista machine:
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 53494&lang=en
>>
>> I then went to 'Add printer' > Local printer > Create a new port > Local
>> port > port name > typed in the shared path > added the HP Deskjet D1300
>> series as the printer (as the PSC 1317 was not offered) > printed test
>> page
>> and it WORKED !
>>
>> --
>> jel183(UK)
>> Vista Ultimate x86
>> MS Office 2003 Standard Edition

Orangedog

Re: HP 'Access Denied' error - Resolution
This worked for me in connecting a Vista computer to a HP inkjet
V40 running on a XP machine. Nearly lost most of my hair in the process!