Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Canon MP780 and Windows Fax and Scan

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Canon MP780 and Windows Fax and Scan
Has anyone been able to get Windows Fax and Scan to fax on a Canon MP780 or
know any fax software to detect and use the Canon MP780 fax part? I can use
the Canon MP780 to send/receive faxes but it would be great to use software
on Vista x86 (32-bit).
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Canon MP780 and Windows Fax and Scan
Windows Fax software has always been designed for analog fax modems. Vista's
is no different.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4A8CEFDB-5EDD-4C88-9298-B52D032E524A@microsoft.com...
> Has anyone been able to get Windows Fax and Scan to fax on a Canon MP780
> or
> know any fax software to detect and use the Canon MP780 fax part? I can
> use
> the Canon MP780 to send/receive faxes but it would be great to use
> software
> on Vista x86 (32-bit).



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Canon MP780 and Windows Fax and Scan
I see. So just need to wait for a driver from Canon to have "Windows Fax and
Scan" to be able to detect the fax inside the Canon MP780 via the USB
connection since their driver released Jan 2007 for Vista x86 (32-bit) at
http://alpha03u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900 doesn't detect the fax
modem. I guess becuase of the USB connection.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Windows Fax software has always been designed for analog fax modems. Vista's
> is no different.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4A8CEFDB-5EDD-4C88-9298-B52D032E524A@microsoft.com...
> > Has anyone been able to get Windows Fax and Scan to fax on a Canon MP780
> > or
> > know any fax software to detect and use the Canon MP780 fax part? I can
> > use
> > the Canon MP780 to send/receive faxes but it would be great to use
> > software
> > on Vista x86 (32-bit).

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Canon MP780 and Windows Fax and Scan
I doubt one would ever be provided for that purpose. This is third party
hardware and software.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8F4764E-B2E7-42B2-A2C2-8DF3F443333E@microsoft.com...
>I see. So just need to wait for a driver from Canon to have "Windows Fax
>and
> Scan" to be able to detect the fax inside the Canon MP780 via the USB
> connection since their driver released Jan 2007 for Vista x86 (32-bit) at
> http://alpha03u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900 doesn't detect the
> fax
> modem. I guess becuase of the USB connection.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Windows Fax software has always been designed for analog fax modems.
>> Vista's
>> is no different.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4A8CEFDB-5EDD-4C88-9298-B52D032E524A@microsoft.com...
>> > Has anyone been able to get Windows Fax and Scan to fax on a Canon
>> > MP780
>> > or
>> > know any fax software to detect and use the Canon MP780 fax part? I
>> > can
>> > use
>> > the Canon MP780 to send/receive faxes but it would be great to use
>> > software
>> > on Vista x86 (32-bit).

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Canon MP780 and Windows Fax and Scan
Thanks. That clears things up especially anyone else who is planning on
purchasing ot has a Canon MP780 (fax via USB connection).

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> I doubt one would ever be provided for that purpose. This is third party
> hardware and software.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8F4764E-B2E7-42B2-A2C2-8DF3F443333E@microsoft.com...
> >I see. So just need to wait for a driver from Canon to have "Windows Fax
> >and
> > Scan" to be able to detect the fax inside the Canon MP780 via the USB
> > connection since their driver released Jan 2007 for Vista x86 (32-bit) at
> > http://alpha03u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900 doesn't detect the
> > fax
> > modem. I guess becuase of the USB connection.
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Fax software has always been designed for analog fax modems.
> >> Vista's
> >> is no different.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:4A8CEFDB-5EDD-4C88-9298-B52D032E524A@microsoft.com...
> >> > Has anyone been able to get Windows Fax and Scan to fax on a Canon
> >> > MP780
> >> > or
> >> > know any fax software to detect and use the Canon MP780 fax part? I
> >> > can
> >> > use
> >> > the Canon MP780 to send/receive faxes but it would be great to use
> >> > software
> >> > on Vista x86 (32-bit).
> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:50.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120