Epson Printer and Vista is a NIGHTMARE!

BHSHockeyMom

Epson Printer and Vista is a NIGHTMARE!

We just got a brand new computer (Gateway) with Vista Home Premium
installed.

Buying a new computer I did not think that the whole experience would
be such a nightmare as we have upgraded computers and kept the same
printer without any problems. This time it is a MAJOR problem!!

We bought a new 3 in 1 Epson CX7800 back in the summer so because the
printer was new I did not think it would be a problem going to a new
computer.

I even told the tech at Circuit City what kind of printer I had and he
said it should not be a problem just install it like you have in the
past...............Well you can install it just fine and it works just
fine but if you use the CD's to install it CRASHES the DVD
drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I took that computer back and get a new
one so before I install it I look on the Epson website and it says DO
NOT INSTALL with Vista, well heck now I know why they tell you not to
install it. This is just plain unacceptable!!!

A guy at Staples told me to not use the CD's but just to plug it in to
the USB port and see if Vista will install it that way. I am way to
scared to do that but has anyone else here tried that?

I also have an Epson Picturemate. I looked on the website for updated
drivers and it says for the Picturemate "in box" but the brand new Snap
"download"????????? I don't get that as it makes no sense. I would
figure the brand new ones would have compatible CD drivers and the old
ones you would have to download the drivers.

Help!!!! I don't want to have to go out and buy a new printer but here
I sit with a new computer and not able to print a darn thing!!!!!

--
BHSHockeyMom
BHSHockeyMom's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=22415

http://forums.techarena.in

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson Printer and Vista is a NIGHTMARE!
First of all you should NOT use the CD that came with the printer.... Vista
wasn't out when the CD was written, and therefore you cannot use the drivers
on the CD with your PC.

Epson are still working on the drivers for Vista for your CX7800
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...eoid=86150#aio

Keep an eye on the Epson website and download and install them when they
become available. Meanwhile, keep the printer connected to the old PC and
use it there.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows