Using Vista and All in one printers

=?Utf-8?B?c3ByZ3Jsd29uZGVy?=

Using Vista and All in one printers
I have Win. Vista Home Premium 32 bit and just bought a Lexmark 1270 Printer.
Of course, the printer is not compatible with Vista using the current
software it came with. I had to go to the lexmark site to download the new
drivers for Vista. the printing driver installed successfully (I think the
install finished I think and didn't let me know it was completed) , but I can
print just fine, however I am unable to scan anything with the scanner
portion of my printer. The driver for the scanner on the Website does not
install properly. I recieve a message saying "The file 'lxcbmgr.exe' is
missing. Make sure the name is typed properly and try again". I have
completely uninstalled the printer drivers and reinstalled, but I am still
having these problems. How can I get it to work? Any suggetions? Thank you
in advance for you help.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Using Vista and All in one printers
Uninstall and do the driver download again..... install the file and DO NOT
connect the printer to the PC until the software tells you to do so.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"sprgrlwonder" <sprgrlwonder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Win. Vista Home Premium 32 bit and just bought a Lexmark 1270
>Printer.
> Of course, the printer is not compatible with Vista using the current
> software it came with. I had to go to the lexmark site to download the new
> drivers for Vista. the printing driver installed successfully (I think
> the
> install finished I think and didn't let me know it was completed) , but I
> can
> print just fine, however I am unable to scan anything with the scanner
> portion of my printer. The driver for the scanner on the Website does not
> install properly. I recieve a message saying "The file 'lxcbmgr.exe' is
> missing. Make sure the name is typed properly and try again". I have
> completely uninstalled the printer drivers and reinstalled, but I am still
> having these problems. How can I get it to work? Any suggetions? Thank
> you
> in advance for you help.

=?Utf-8?B?c3ByZ3Jsd29uZGVy?=

Re: Using Vista and All in one printers
Prehaps I didn't describe the situation correctly. I have gone to the Lexmark
website and gotten 2 drivers for my all in one printer. One 'cjr1200EN.exe'
is for the printer, the other '1200SBarVista32EN.exe' is for the scanner.

During the driver install this is what happened. I waited untill prompted
to plug in the USB and turn on my Printer. While installing 'cjr1200EN.exe'
the Installer program got stuck on "Installing Lexmark 1200 Series Scanner"
for a long time. I got a pop up in my taskbar saying "The device driver was
not installed successfully" Then the installer resumes saying "Installing
Lexmark Series 1200".
After a bit the installer window closes and I get no confirmation that the
installation is complete.

After waiting a hour, with no confirmation of install completion, I
restarted my computer and installed the Scanner driver
'1200SBarVista32EN.exe' . A comand prompt window opens and runs some
commands then I get the Message: "Windows can not find 'lxczbmgr.exe'. Make
sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I then have to press
any key to continue the command prompy closes. My printer works, but the
scanner does not.

I have Uninstalled the driver, restarted my computer. Then redownloaded and
reinstalled the driver, plugging in the USB and turning on my Printer when
prompted, with the same results. I have restarted, uninstalled the driver,
restarted, and tryed installing the drivers with MSCONFIG running only the
required system programs (With Mac Afee Security Suite runs) on start up,
plugging in the USB and turning on my Printer when prompted, and had the same
results.

I have also tried running the install with Mac Afee Disabled, plugging in
the USB and turning on my Printer when prompted, and the Printer didn't work
at all. So I have uninstalled the Printer again. Any suggestions on what to
do now?

Thank You.
=?Utf-8?B?Z25yMTR2aG0=?=

Re: Using Vista and All in one printers
I have had exactly the same problem, I phoned Lexmark on two occations 40
mins each time, eventually they said that they would send me a disc to try,
fingers crossed it will work for my x5470 all in one

"sprgrlwonder" wrote:

> Prehaps I didn't describe the situation correctly. I have gone to the Lexmark
> website and gotten 2 drivers for my all in one printer. One 'cjr1200EN.exe'
> is for the printer, the other '1200SBarVista32EN.exe' is for the scanner.
>
> During the driver install this is what happened. I waited untill prompted
> to plug in the USB and turn on my Printer. While installing 'cjr1200EN.exe'
> the Installer program got stuck on "Installing Lexmark 1200 Series Scanner"
> for a long time. I got a pop up in my taskbar saying "The device driver was
> not installed successfully" Then the installer resumes saying "Installing
> Lexmark Series 1200".
> After a bit the installer window closes and I get no confirmation that the
> installation is complete.
>
> After waiting a hour, with no confirmation of install completion, I
> restarted my computer and installed the Scanner driver
> '1200SBarVista32EN.exe' . A comand prompt window opens and runs some
> commands then I get the Message: "Windows can not find 'lxczbmgr.exe'. Make
> sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I then have to press
> any key to continue the command prompy closes. My printer works, but the
> scanner does not.
>
> I have Uninstalled the driver, restarted my computer. Then redownloaded and
> reinstalled the driver, plugging in the USB and turning on my Printer when
> prompted, with the same results. I have restarted, uninstalled the driver,
> restarted, and tryed installing the drivers with MSCONFIG running only the
> required system programs (With Mac Afee Security Suite runs) on start up,
> plugging in the USB and turning on my Printer when prompted, and had the same
> results.
>
> I have also tried running the install with Mac Afee Disabled, plugging in
> the USB and turning on my Printer when prompted, and the Printer didn't work
> at all. So I have uninstalled the Printer again. Any suggestions on what to
> do now?
>
> Thank You.

=?Utf-8?B?UkRC?=

"gnr14vhm" wrote:

> I have had exactly the same problem, I phoned Lexmark on two occations 40
> mins each time, eventually they said that they would send me a disc to try,
> fingers crossed it will work for my x5470 all in one
>
> "sprgrlwonder" wrote:
>
> > Prehaps I didn't describe the situation correctly. I have gone to the Lexmark
> > website and gotten 2 drivers for my all in one printer. One 'cjr1200EN.exe'
> > is for the printer, the other '1200SBarVista32EN.exe' is for the scanner.
> >
> > During the driver install this is what happened. I waited untill prompted
> > to plug in the USB and turn on my Printer. While installing 'cjr1200EN.exe'
> > the Installer program got stuck on "Installing Lexmark 1200 Series Scanner"
> > for a long time. I got a pop up in my taskbar saying "The device driver was
> > not installed successfully" Then the installer resumes saying "Installing
> > Lexmark Series 1200".
> > After a bit the installer window closes and I get no confirmation that the
> > installation is complete.
> >
> > After waiting a hour, with no confirmation of install completion, I
> > restarted my computer and installed the Scanner driver
> > '1200SBarVista32EN.exe' . A comand prompt window opens and runs some
> > commands then I get the Message: "Windows can not find 'lxczbmgr.exe'. Make
> > sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I then have to press
> > any key to continue the command prompy closes. My printer works, but the
> > scanner does not.
> >
> > I have Uninstalled the driver, restarted my computer. Then redownloaded and
> > reinstalled the driver, plugging in the USB and turning on my Printer when
> > prompted, with the same results. I have restarted, uninstalled the driver,
> > restarted, and tryed installing the drivers with MSCONFIG running only the
> > required system programs (With Mac Afee Security Suite runs) on start up,
> > plugging in the USB and turning on my Printer when prompted, and had the same
> > results.
> >
> > I have also tried running the install with Mac Afee Disabled, plugging in
> > the USB and turning on my Printer when prompted, and the Printer didn't work
> > at all. So I have uninstalled the Printer again. Any suggestions on what to
> > do now?
> >
> > Thank You.

I have had exactly the same problem while trying to install the Lexmark
X1270 on a vista equipped notebook with the same results as you. I've talked
to tech support numerous times at great length. They have walked me thru the
installation many times to no avail. Their final conclusion was that I need
to contact the PC manufacturer and have them uninstall all third party
software, then I install the cjr1200en.exe driver software. This I
did......no it did not work. Still cannot use the scanner portion of the
printer! I don't know if this will work but I'm thinking of activating the
net administrator, logging in and trying to install the drivers as the net
administrator. I think vista is not allowing me to install the drivers
because even though I'm a user with administrator privileges vista doesn't
allow me full and total control of the computer. Besides waiting for Lexmark
to straighten out their driver this is the only idea I have
BTW Lexmark say I don't need to run the 1200SBarVista32EN.exe software. they
say it is only for correcting any problem I might have with the buttons on
the printer. also the last time I went to Lexmark site I didn't see that file
listed anymore.