Printing in Vista

=?Utf-8?B?TmlrRw==?=

Printing in Vista
I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer driver
is accepted but when I try and print a test page it gets added to the queue
and then disappears.

Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
configuration in Windows Vista.

Any help is much appreciated.

Nik
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printing in Vista
A serial cable? Or a parallel port cable?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"NikG" <NikG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer
>driver
> is accepted but when I try and print a test page it gets added to the
> queue
> and then disappears.
>
> Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
> configuration in Windows Vista.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Nik

=?Utf-8?B?TmlrRw==?=

Re: Printing in Vista
Hi Cari,

Apologies it is the parallel cable.

Nik

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> A serial cable? Or a parallel port cable?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "NikG" <NikG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer
> >driver
> > is accepted but when I try and print a test page it gets added to the
> > queue
> > and then disappears.
> >
> > Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
> > configuration in Windows Vista.
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
> >
> > Nik

=?Utf-8?B?TmlrRw==?=

Re: Printing in Vista
Yes it is the parallel cable.

Nik

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> A serial cable? Or a parallel port cable?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "NikG" <NikG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer
> >driver
> > is accepted but when I try and print a test page it gets added to the
> > queue
> > and then disappears.
> >
> > Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
> > configuration in Windows Vista.
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
> >
> > Nik

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing in Vista
Are there any event log entries?

Check the cable and make sure it's completed connected to the computer. I
have seen jobs disappear when two or three pins are not in proper contact.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Yes it is the parallel cable.
>
> Nik
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> A serial cable? Or a parallel port cable?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "NikG" <NikG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer
>> >driver
>> > is accepted but when I try and print a test page it gets added to the
>> > queue
>> > and then disappears.
>> >
>> > Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
>> > configuration in Windows Vista.
>> >
>> > Any help is much appreciated.
>> >
>> > Nik

maggie-o@comcast.net

Re: Printing in Vista
On Feb 21, 3:57 pm, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Are there any event log entries?
>
> Check the cable and make sure it's completed connected to the computer. I
> have seen jobs disappear when two or three pins are not in proper contact.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> "NikG" <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Yes it is the parallel cable.

> > Nik

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> >> A serial cable? Or a parallel port cable?
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >>http://www.coribright.com/windows

> >> "NikG" <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

I am having the same problem. I see print jobs go thru the queue
(Vista Business) and they say "printing" and they disappear. I am
using a networked printer in a workgroup. Don't think anything is in
the log. Also, using an older HP Officejet printer. It did say it
was loading a driver when I installed the printer... Any help much
appreciated. Thanks - Maggie

=?Utf-8?B?Z2luZ2VybWFuNTk=?=

RE: Printing in Vista
I have exactly the same problem using an HP Series 9 all-in-one printer, it
just disappears. It is connected uing a USB port. However scanning works??

Martin

"NikG" wrote:

> I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer driver
> is accepted but when I try and print a test page it gets added to the queue
> and then disappears.
>
> Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
> configuration in Windows Vista.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Nik

maggie-o@comcast.net

Re: Printing in Vista
On Feb 25, 4:39 am, gingerman59
<gingerma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have exactly the same problem using an HP Series 9 all-in-one printer, it
> justdisappears. It is connected uing a USB port. However scanning works??
>
> Martin
>

> "NikG" wrote:
> > I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer driver
> > is accepted but when I try andprinta test page it gets added to the queue
> > and thendisappears.

> > Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
> > configuration in WindowsVista.

> > Any help is much appreciated.

> > Nik- Hide quoted text -

I spent over an hour on Live Chat w/HP but to no avail. He thinks
it's a communication issue, not a printer driver or cable or
anything. I am connecting over a home network and he wanted me to
connect directly, but I don't have a long enough cable. Still
interested in any answers on this. Thanks much, - Maggie

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing in Vista
The events would be on the machine sharing the printer. Anything there.
Specifically event 6161 with error #

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

<maggie-o@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:1172458767.837407.177560@s48g2000cws.googlegr oups.com...
> On Feb 25, 4:39 am, gingerman59
> <gingerma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I have exactly the same problem using an HP Series 9 all-in-one printer,
>> it
>> justdisappears. It is connected uing a USB port. However scanning works??
>>
>> Martin
>>

>> "NikG" wrote:
>> > I have set-up both of my printers using the serial cable. The printer
>> > driver
>> > is accepted but when I try andprinta test page it gets added to the
>> > queue
>> > and thendisappears.

>> > Is this a sign that the mobo is faulty or is there some special email
>> > configuration in WindowsVista.

>> > Any help is much appreciated.

>> > Nik- Hide quoted text -

> I spent over an hour on Live Chat w/HP but to no avail. He thinks
> it's a communication issue, not a printer driver or cable or
> anything. I am connecting over a home network and he wanted me to
> connect directly, but I don't have a long enough cable. Still
> interested in any answers on this. Thanks much, - Maggie

=?Utf-8?B?Z2luZ2VybWFuNTk=?=

Re: Printing in Vista
The printer is directly connected. No error appears. I run Windows Ultimate...

Martin