Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn

Justin G. Mitchell

Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn
Everytime I try to add this network printer to my printers, Print
Spooler crashes. I am running Vista Business Ultimate on a brand new
computer and the printer is installed on a Windows 2003 Server
Enterprise Edition.

I did a Google search and checked HP's website, but am unable to find
a solution which actual works.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated,
Justin G. Mitchell, MCP

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn
The exact text of the error message would help us to diagnose further.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Justin G. Mitchell" <jgmitchell@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1172071183.978416.107220@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
> Everytime I try to add this network printer to my printers, Print
> Spooler crashes. I am running Vista Business Ultimate on a brand new
> computer and the printer is installed on a Windows 2003 Server
> Enterprise Edition.
>
> I did a Google search and checked HP's website, but am unable to find
> a solution which actual works.
>
> Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated,
> Justin G. Mitchell, MCP

Justin G. Mitchell

Re: Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn
The first error message is:

Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be
completed (error 0x000006be).

The other error message is:

Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows
will notify you if a solution is available.

On Feb 21, 1:49 pm, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <NewsGro...@coribright.com>
wrote:
> The exact text of the error message would help us to diagnose further.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaginghttp://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Justin G. Mitchell" <jgmitch...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1172071183.978416.107220@v45g2000cwv.g ooglegroups.com...
>

> > Everytime I try to add this network printer to my printers, Print
> > Spooler crashes. I am running Vista Business Ultimate on a brand new
> > computer and the printer is installed on a Windows 2003 Server
> > Enterprise Edition.

> > I did a Google search and checked HP's website, but am unable to find
> > a solution which actual works.

> > Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated,
> > Justin G. Mitchell, MCP- Hide quoted text -

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn
HP uses the file hpbmini.dll. This file needs to be version 16 or greater
or it will crash and take down the spooler at the same time.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> The exact text of the error message would help us to diagnose further.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Justin G. Mitchell" <jgmitchell@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1172071183.978416.107220@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
>> Everytime I try to add this network printer to my printers, Print
>> Spooler crashes. I am running Vista Business Ultimate on a brand new
>> computer and the printer is installed on a Windows 2003 Server
>> Enterprise Edition.
>>
>> I did a Google search and checked HP's website, but am unable to find
>> a solution which actual works.
>>
>> Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated,
>> Justin G. Mitchell, MCP

Justin G. Mitchell

Re: Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn
Any idea where to get this DLL? I have tried installing the latest
universal drivers for the printer and searched everywhere but still
have not been able to find it or managed to get it installed.

On Feb 21, 3:03 pm, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> HP uses the file hpbmini.dll. This file needs to be version 16 or greater
> or it will crash and take down the spooler at the same time.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGro...@coribright.com> wrote in message

> > The exact text of the error message would help us to diagnose further.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >http://www.coribright.com/windows

> > "Justin G. Mitchell" <jgmitch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >news:1172071183.978416.107220@v45g2000cwv.googleg roups.com...
> >> Everytime I try to add this network printer to my printers, Print
> >> Spooler crashes. I am running Vista Business Ultimate on a brand new
> >> computer and the printer is installed on a Windows 2003 Server
> >> Enterprise Edition.

> >> I did a Google search and checked HP's website, but am unable to find
> >> a solution which actual works.

> >> Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated,
> >> Justin G. Mitchell, MCP- Hide quoted text -

Justin G. Mitchell

Re: Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn
I found the DLL. You have to download and install the driver for 4345
MFP (Version 60.053.762.32) from HP's website and then extract the DLL
from one of the CAB files and replace the DLL on your server. At least
this is what I had to do.

Justin G. Mitchell, MCP

On Feb 28, 8:52 am, "Justin G. Mitchell" <jgmitch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any idea where to get this DLL? I have tried installing the latest
> universal drivers for the printer and searched everywhere but still
> have not been able to find it or managed to get it installed.
>
> On Feb 21, 3:03 pm, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

> > HP uses the file hpbmini.dll. This file needs to be version 16 or greater
> > or it will crash and take down the spooler at the same time.

> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGro...@coribright.com> wrote in message

> > > The exact text of the error message would help us to diagnose further.
> > > --
> > > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > > Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> > >http://www.coribright.com/windows

> > > "Justin G. Mitchell" <jgmitch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > >news:1172071183.978416.107220@v45g2000cwv.googleg roups.com...

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Print Spooler - Vista Ultimate + HP Color LaserJet 5550dtn
Glad you figured it out. HP needs to update all their drivers not just the
new ones.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team