Samsung 2010 Network problems with XP and Vista

=?Utf-8?B?YmF0bWFuMTA1Ng==?=

Samsung 2010 Network problems with XP and Vista
I have a main PC (XP) with the latest drivers for the Samsung 2010 laser
printer.

When I try to add this printer over the network to my new Vista (home
premium) laptop - I get a spool error and the thing wont install - Yes I
know its trying to use XP drivers on a Vista machine.

- So I downloaded the new Vista Drivers from Samsung and installed these on
the Vista machine - I then tried to add a port to the network printer - but
it still died on me.

I even tried to add the network printer once I had the Vista ones on my
laptop - no JOY!

I am very frustrated and find it a pain that I can not print over a network
as Vista does not like to install this printer - why does it not ask for an
alternative device driver?

Any help apprecaited.

Triflin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Samsung 2010 Network problems with XP and Vista
This sounds like it defeats the purpose of networking but I have the same setup. Vista on one end and XP pro + Samsung 2010 laser printer on the other. And I had the same error. I took the printer and hooked it up to the Vista PC, installed the Vista drivers, and printed a test page. Then I took the printer back to where I wanted it with the XP Pro PC, networked it again and it works fine.

This might be a little late for the original poster of this thread but for anyone else that gets a spooler error when networking a printer, give this a try.
Woodywon

Re: Samsung 2010 Network problems with XP and Vista
I too have close to the same set up. I have the Samsung 1610 hooked up to
my XP desktop, networked and sharing. I have a Vista desktop which worked
find. Another XP laptop which works fine. Plus I have a Vista laptop which
gave me grief. I uninstalled the printer, from the Vista laptop, then plug
directly into the laptop, installed, tested, then went back to the XP
desktop. It worked fine networked. All had worked fine before, but
Micorsoft isued an update on this print driver. All 4 computers need to
update the driver. The Vista Laptop gave me grief, and would NOT print.
Print spooler error. Kept stopping the spooler in Adm....
Try it people, this works, why, I guess only the lads at Microsoft know why.