Cannot print multiple copies

=?Utf-8?B?SkM1NA==?=

Cannot print multiple copies
Under WinVista I cannot print multiple copies. I've tried this in Word,
Acrobat Reader, WordPad, Notepad, and my two HP printers (1200 and 930c). Can
anybody help, or this is one of the (many, unpleasant) surprises that Vista
had in stock for us?
Thanks
John C
=?Utf-8?B?SkM1NA==?=

RE: Cannot print multiple copies
Nobody? I thought this was an easy one! I think I should go back to XP.

"JC54" wrote:

> Under WinVista I cannot print multiple copies. I've tried this in Word,
> Acrobat Reader, WordPad, Notepad, and my two HP printers (1200 and 930c). Can
> anybody help, or this is one of the (many, unpleasant) surprises that Vista
> had in stock for us?
> Thanks
> John C

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Cannot print multiple copies
is Winprint the print processor? Properties, Advanced, Print processor

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"JC54" <JC54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nobody? I thought this was an easy one! I think I should go back to XP.
>
> "JC54" wrote:
>
>> Under WinVista I cannot print multiple copies. I've tried this in Word,
>> Acrobat Reader, WordPad, Notepad, and my two HP printers (1200 and 930c).
>> Can
>> anybody help, or this is one of the (many, unpleasant) surprises that
>> Vista
>> had in stock for us?
>> Thanks
>> John C

=?Utf-8?B?SkM1NA==?=

Re: Cannot print multiple copies
No, it wasn't. Now it is!
Thanks a lot.
John

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> is Winprint the print processor? Properties, Advanced, Print processor
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "JC54" <JC54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Nobody? I thought this was an easy one! I think I should go back to XP.
> >
> > "JC54" wrote:
> >
> >> Under WinVista I cannot print multiple copies. I've tried this in Word,
> >> Acrobat Reader, WordPad, Notepad, and my two HP printers (1200 and 930c).
> >> Can
> >> anybody help, or this is one of the (many, unpleasant) surprises that
> >> Vista
> >> had in stock for us?
> >> Thanks
> >> John C

JT

Re: Cannot print multiple copies
We have a similar problem and I will check Mr. Morris's suggestion later this
afternoon. How did it work out for you? Was that the fix? Thanks

Our Scenario: Office just introduced two new replacement computers, both
Vista Home editions for an OP. No problems with the older XP machines other
than being older. The main office printer is an HP LaserJet 3330. We have
had the two new Vista computers for about 2 weeks now and the only problem,
and it is a must fix one, is we can’t seem to print multiple copies through
MS Word to the printer. I specify MS Word because it seems to be the only MS
Office 2003 program that can’t print multiple copies. As far as can be
determined this issue is specific to the two new Vista Machines and MS Word.
They are able to print via MS Word, but will only print one copy regardless
of multiples selected. We have hit the HP home page and updated drivers, but
still no multiple copies.
Any Additional Suggestions?
Thanks In Advance,
JT

"JC54" wrote:

> No, it wasn't. Now it is!
> Thanks a lot.
> John
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > is Winprint the print processor? Properties, Advanced, Print processor
> >
> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> > "JC54" <JC54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Nobody? I thought this was an easy one! I think I should go back to XP.

wiklendt

'Alan Morris [MSFT Wrote:
> ;192365']is Winprint the print processor? Properties, Advanced, Print
> processor

my printer advanced settings doesn't have a "print processor" option -
am i looking in the wrong place? i have also tried *control panel |
printers | [printer] | set printer properties | advanced* *| driver *but
there is no choice to use "winprint"... (and no "print processor" option
either) - is winprint an addon or a third party software that has to be
installed manually?

printing just one copy of a page (even when i say "print 10 copies") is
driving me insane...

this is not just limited to microsoft word, but ANY program that i have
installed and want to print from. (even when i print to a pdf printer).

--
wiklendt
Chuck

Re: Cannot print multiple copies
This is the appropriate driver window from my printerfrom XP.
Win 7 has a similar window, as does Vista.
Options may not be present if the driver is a driver supplied with Vista.
Winprint is built in for most windows installations and is normally
available on all of the above versions.