HP Officejet 7210

TedF

HP Officejet 7210
I get Printing Error when printing a test page on HP Officejet 7210.
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Officejet 7210
Any other details you can tell us.... the exact text of the error message
etc?

You are using the Vista drivers?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=us
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>I get Printing Error when printing a test page on HP Officejet 7210.
> Any ideas ?
> Thanks

TedF

Re: HP Officejet 7210
It decided to work on its own.

Many thanks

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Any other details you can tell us.... the exact text of the error message
> etc?
>
> You are using the Vista drivers?
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=us
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>>I get Printing Error when printing a test page on HP Officejet 7210.
>> Any ideas ?
>> Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Officejet 7210
Good! Don't forget to thank it and be nice to it so that it keeps working.
--

"TedF" <noreply@xxxxmsn.com> wrote in message
> It decided to work on its own.
>
> Many thanks
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Any other details you can tell us.... the exact text of the error message
>> etc?
>>
>> You are using the Vista drivers?
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=us
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "TedF" <NoReply@xxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>>>I get Printing Error when printing a test page on HP Officejet 7210.
>>> Any ideas ?
>>> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?VG9ueQ==?=

Re: HP Officejet 7210
Cari.. My HP 7410 Officejet works fine but after a day of no usage, the
printer goes OFFLINE. How do I get it ONLINE again? I had to delete it and
reinstalled. Any better way?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Good! Don't forget to thank it and be nice to it so that it keeps working.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "TedF" <noreply@xxxxmsn.com> wrote in message
> > It decided to work on its own.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> >> Any other details you can tell us.... the exact text of the error message
> >> etc?
> >>
> >> You are using the Vista drivers?
> >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=us
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Officejet 7210
Are you USB ports set to sleep when they are not being used? (Device
Manager)
--

"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cari.. My HP 7410 Officejet works fine but after a day of no usage, the
> printer goes OFFLINE. How do I get it ONLINE again? I had to delete it and
> reinstalled. Any better way?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Good! Don't forget to thank it and be nice to it so that it keeps
>> working.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "TedF" <noreply@xxxxmsn.com> wrote in message
>> > It decided to work on its own.
>> >
>> > Many thanks

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggRg==?=

Re: HP Officejet 7210
I have an HP Officejet 7130xi that refuses to print from Internet Explorer.
It will print from Windows Mail, Word 2007, and Excell 2007 just fine.
When I try to print the screen on the printer says "printing" and the ON
light will blink for infinity. I have to Cancel the print, shut the printer
donw, and restart it to get rid of the blinking light and free the printer up
for other tasks.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are you USB ports set to sleep when they are not being used? (Device
> Manager)
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Cari.. My HP 7410 Officejet works fine but after a day of no usage, the
> > printer goes OFFLINE. How do I get it ONLINE again? I had to delete it and
> > reinstalled. Any better way?
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Good! Don't forget to thank it and be nice to it so that it keeps
> >> working.
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Officejet 7210
Will it print when IE is not in protected mode? Run as Administrator.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Keith F" <Keith F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP Officejet 7130xi that refuses to print from Internet Explorer.
> It will print from Windows Mail, Word 2007, and Excell 2007 just fine.
> When I try to print the screen on the printer says "printing" and the ON
> light will blink for infinity. I have to Cancel the print, shut the
> printer
> donw, and restart it to get rid of the blinking light and free the printer
> up
> for other tasks.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Are you USB ports set to sleep when they are not being used? (Device
>> Manager)
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Cari.. My HP 7410 Officejet works fine but after a day of no usage, the
>> > printer goes OFFLINE. How do I get it ONLINE again? I had to delete it
>> > and
>> > reinstalled. Any better way?

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggRg==?=

Re: HP Officejet 7210

No, it will not print when protected mode is turned off for the Internet
Zone. Now it will not print from Windows Mail either.
Keith F

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Will it print when IE is not in protected mode? Run as Administrator.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Keith F" <Keith F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an HP Officejet 7130xi that refuses to print from Internet Explorer.
> > It will print from Windows Mail, Word 2007, and Excell 2007 just fine.
> > When I try to print the screen on the printer says "printing" and the ON
> > light will blink for infinity. I have to Cancel the print, shut the
> > printer
> > donw, and restart it to get rid of the blinking light and free the printer
> > up
> > for other tasks.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Are you USB ports set to sleep when they are not being used? (Device
> >> Manager)
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Officejet 7210
other people seem to find this solution

from another post

I am now a happy "printer" again, since I've solved the problem - that is,
with help from MS Support here in Sweden (thanks very, very much to "Anders"
there for fast and very professional support!).

There is a key in the register which restricts the printing:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Restrictions

Set the value of the "NoPrinting"-item to "0", restart the computer - and
you are allowed to print from IE7 and Windows Mail again.

/JanLis