Printing with Stamps.com and Vista

Bill Webb, Jr.

Printing with Stamps.com and Vista
I am running Vista Home Premium and can print with everything except Stamps.com Internet Postage. When I use my HP Color Inkjet Business Printer cp1700 I gat "Processinbg Job" in the LCD display on the printer, but nothing ever prints. So, I purchased a new printer, an HP Photosmart D7360. Whre I try to print an envelope with is I get the message " Paper Size or Type Mismatch". If I change the paper size and type to #10 envelope it prints and addresses and postage half size in the middle of the envelope.

Anyone else have problems with Stamps.com ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DigitalMale
bwebbj@cox.net

okietransplant

Re: Printing with Stamps.com and Vista

I had the same problem running Windows Vista Ultimate. Here's what I
did. This should work on any short edge printer.

Select tools
Configure Printer
Next
Select #10
Yes
Next
When you see the picture of the Short Edge and Long Edge, Press
Ctrl+Shift together and then left click on the short edge icon. You
should get a drop down menu.
Select L90
Click OK
Now, follow the rest of the prompts and your envelope should print
fine.

Hope this helps.

--
okietransplant
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Printing with Stamps.com and Vista
Thanks for posting this solution, could you please post what issue it
corrects?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"okietransplant" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I had the same problem running Windows Vista Ultimate. Here's what I
> did. This should work on any short edge printer.
>
> Select tools
> Configure Printer
> Next
> Select #10
> Yes
> Next
> When you see the picture of the Short Edge and Long Edge, Press
> Ctrl+Shift together and then left click on the short edge icon. You
> should get a drop down menu.
> Select L90
> Click OK
> Now, follow the rest of the prompts and your envelope should print
> fine.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> --
> okietransplant

tdc1

Re: Printing with Stamps.com and Vista

Changing to L90 did not work for me. Still says paper mismatch on #10
envelope. Any more suggestions??

--
tdc1