HP PSC 1310 series ALL in one

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

HP PSC 1310 series ALL in one
I have a 1310 all in one printer , and Vista sees and has drivers for it ,
it but I want to use my advanced features as well as the scan program that
came with my printer and HP wants me to buy another printer...not!!

Anyone know if I install my XP drivers/software if it will work with Vista
Home premium?

AND/OR can it screw up my OS install if I try?

Thanks.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP PSC 1310 series ALL in one
Did you read through HP's instructions?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...374578&lang=en

That's all the features you're going to get with this AIO and Vista.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a 1310 all in one printer , and Vista sees and has drivers for it ,
> it but I want to use my advanced features as well as the scan program that
> came with my printer and HP wants me to buy another printer...not!!
>
> Anyone know if I install my XP drivers/software if it will work with Vista
> Home premium?
>
> AND/OR can it screw up my OS install if I try?
>
> Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

>Did you read through HP's instructions?
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?>docname=c00808543&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&pro duct=374578&lang=en

Then Rob said:

Ummm...yeah

Then "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> That's all the features you're going to get with this AIO and Vista.

Then Rob laughed and put his head in his hands ...once again and chuckeled
out:

Well then I buy another $70 printer no big deal...hell ink costs nearly
that much and most new printers come with enough ink to get me into trouble ,
but really ONE has to wonder how hard is it to make a printer work properly
if you can make it work at all?

unless you don't want to.....

Thanks
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP PSC 1310 series ALL in one
That's something you'd have to ask HP!
--

> Well then I buy another $70 printer no big deal...hell ink costs nearly
> that much and most new printers come with enough ink to get me into
> trouble ,
> but really ONE has to wonder how hard is it to make a printer work
> properly
> if you can make it work at all?
>
> unless you don't want to.....
>

> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

Re: HP PSC 1310 series ALL in one
Naw , I'll just get another printer and give this one to my daughter.

BUT as long as I have you here , could you tell me if there is any way to
check the ink level as it sits?

I have been through every menu and tab I could find and I can't find it
anywhere , thats a pretty basic (and much needed) feature so I would assume
its included someplace.

If its ot included its no big deal , just wondering.

thanks Cari

(thats a nice name BTW)

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> That's something you'd have to ask HP!
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well then I buy another $70 printer no big deal...hell ink costs nearly
> > that much and most new printers come with enough ink to get me into
> > trouble ,
> > but really ONE has to wonder how hard is it to make a printer work
> > properly
> > if you can make it work at all?
> >
> > unless you don't want to.....
> >

> > Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP PSC 1310 series ALL in one
I'm not familiar with HP printers... Canon's have see through ink cartridges
so you can physically check very easily by looking at each cartridge, even
though it may be a PITA.

If you can't see the ink level and there is no functionality to check in the
software, the only other method I could think of would be comparing the
weight of the cartridge to one that is known to be full and one that is
known to be empty.