Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server

Art Billings

Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Hi all,
Need some assistance if possible. I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet that I
am trying to fax out, using the fax server on my 2003 SBS domain controller.
I have set the print area, but when I click the print button, it attempts to
send a fax that's 405 pages. I've always been able to cancel the job prior
to it reaching the server.

I was wondering if this is a Vista incompatiblity problem or an Office
problem (will crosspost to the Office 2007 list, if there is one)? Any
ideas on how to correct the problem?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Did you happen to mention your fax client?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Art Billings" <art@principle-tech.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Need some assistance if possible. I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet that I
> am trying to fax out, using the fax server on my 2003 SBS domain
> controller. I have set the print area, but when I click the print button,
> it attempts to send a fax that's 405 pages. I've always been able to
> cancel the job prior to it reaching the server.
>
> I was wondering if this is a Vista incompatiblity problem or an Office
> problem (will crosspost to the Office 2007 list, if there is one)? Any
> ideas on how to correct the problem?

Art Billings

Re: Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Sorry, I'm using the built in Vista Fax client connecting to the 2003 SBS
fax server service.

> Did you happen to mention your fax client?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Art Billings" <art@principle-tech.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> Need some assistance if possible. I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet that
>> I am trying to fax out, using the fax server on my 2003 SBS domain
>> controller. I have set the print area, but when I click the print button,
>> it attempts to send a fax that's 405 pages. I've always been able to
>> cancel the job prior to it reaching the server.
>>
>> I was wondering if this is a Vista incompatiblity problem or an Office
>> problem (will crosspost to the Office 2007 list, if there is one)? Any
>> ideas on how to correct the problem?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Is Vista Fax and Scan working correctly under other circumstances? What is
your path statement to SBS Server Fax?
--
> Sorry, I'm using the built in Vista Fax client connecting to the 2003 SBS
> fax server service.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you happen to mention your fax client?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Art Billings" <art@principle-tech.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>> Need some assistance if possible. I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet that
>>> I am trying to fax out, using the fax server on my 2003 SBS domain
>>> controller. I have set the print area, but when I click the print
>>> button, it attempts to send a fax that's 405 pages. I've always been
>>> able to cancel the job prior to it reaching the server.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if this is a Vista incompatiblity problem or an Office
>>> problem (will crosspost to the Office 2007 list, if there is one)? Any
>>> ideas on how to correct the problem?

Art Billings

Re: Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Not sure if it working under other circumstances, because I am only
attempting to use it for this particular purpose. the path statement is:
\\%servername%

TIA,
Art

> Is Vista Fax and Scan working correctly under other circumstances? What is
> your path statement to SBS Server Fax?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Art Billings" <art@principle-tech.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry, I'm using the built in Vista Fax client connecting to the 2003
>> SBS fax server service.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Did you happen to mention your fax client?
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Here's exactly what the fax developers stated as the proper path for SBS
Fax:
"Please ask the user to use \\servername in the text box for remote server.
That should work."
Looks like that's what you're doing. Might want to try an SBS group to see
if anyone else has any ideas.
--
> Not sure if it working under other circumstances, because I am only
> attempting to use it for this particular purpose. the path statement is:
> \\%servername%
>
> TIA,
> Art
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is Vista Fax and Scan working correctly under other circumstances? What
>> is your path statement to SBS Server Fax?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Art Billings" <art@principle-tech.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry, I'm using the built in Vista Fax client connecting to the 2003
>>> SBS fax server service.

Art Billings

Re: Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Cool, thanks for your help.

Art
> Here's exactly what the fax developers stated as the proper path for SBS
> Fax:
> "Please ask the user to use \\servername in the text box for remote
> server. That should work."
> Looks like that's what you're doing. Might want to try an SBS group to see
> if anyone else has any ideas.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Art Billings" <art@principle-tech.com> wrote in message
>> Not sure if it working under other circumstances, because I am only
>> attempting to use it for this particular purpose. the path statement is:
>> \\%servername%
>>
>> TIA,
>> Art
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Is Vista Fax and Scan working correctly under other circumstances? What
>>> is your path statement to SBS Server Fax?
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Attempting to Fax to a 2003 SBS fax server
Let me know if you find anything out. The developers feel this should work.