Slow Print Request Response on Network - Vista to XP Help Please

Neil

Slow Print Request Response on Network - Vista to XP Help Please
Hi,

I am printing on a small two-computer network -- from a Vista Home Premium
Toshiba laptop to a Compaq laptop running XP. I have two HP printers
connected to the Compaq. When I connect a printer directly to the Vista
laptop, all printing functions respond normally.

However, I when try to print through the network - from the Vista laptop via
wireless or lan cable - the following occurs:

When I send a Word document to print it can take as long 15 or seconds or
more for the print dialog box to appear. When you press OK to print - it is
delayed another few seconds. If I make a minor change in the Word document
and then try to print again, the printing dialog box takes about half the
time to appear - around 6-7 seconds.

I get the same response when I go to look at the page setup settings in
Word. It takes 10 - 15 seconds for the page setup dialog box to appear.
Interestingly, once it appears - I can close it and when I try to open it
again, it will open immediately.

Can someone please make suggestions or recommend settings changes I can make
so that I can print normally from the Vista machine on the network?
--
Thank you,
Neil

Robin

RE: Slow Print Request Response on Network - Vista to XP Help Please
Hi Neil,

I had exactly this problem. Only when connected to network.

Problem resolved (finally)!) by new printer softwarre from HP for all models
of printer. PCL5. Let me know if you need more help.

Robin