HP Photosmart 8750 over network

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnRG9n?=

HP Photosmart 8750 over network
Hi all,
I have an HP Photosmart 8750 printer that I have connected to my router and
assigned an IP. Vista sees the printer and is able to print to the device,
however once I hit print the printer starts printing the document out. After
about 10 seconds I get a blue screen from Vista and then the system reboots
and the print stops. I can print to this fine through my Windows XP machine
so it seems to be something definitely with Vista, as I was able to print
from the same machine when it was Windows XP. Do you feel this is something
with HP and when they release Vista drivers it will be fixed?

Thanks
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Photosmart 8750 over network
Send the dump file to Microsoft if you have a fast internet connection. The
spooler service in Vista will no longer load kernel mode drivers so the
print driver cannot cause the blue screen. However any USB, DOT4, mass
storage, or network drivers are loaded in kernel space and can cause a blue
screen. Is there a driver name in the upper left corner of the screen when
you hit the bugcheck?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"TheBigDog" <TheBigDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have an HP Photosmart 8750 printer that I have connected to my router
> and
> assigned an IP. Vista sees the printer and is able to print to the
> device,
> however once I hit print the printer starts printing the document out.
> After
> about 10 seconds I get a blue screen from Vista and then the system
> reboots
> and the print stops. I can print to this fine through my Windows XP
> machine
> so it seems to be something definitely with Vista, as I was able to print
> from the same machine when it was Windows XP. Do you feel this is
> something
> with HP and when they release Vista drivers it will be fixed?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcg==?=

RE: HP Photosmart 8750 over network
Hp, Lexmark, cannon etc. need a few weeks to update their drivers, which are
not compatible with Vista yet. Blame it on Microsoft !!!! Hp said by March
2nd...on Hp will be there for download...
--
Char

"TheBigDog" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have an HP Photosmart 8750 printer that I have connected to my router and
> assigned an IP. Vista sees the printer and is able to print to the device,
> however once I hit print the printer starts printing the document out. After
> about 10 seconds I get a blue screen from Vista and then the system reboots
> and the print stops. I can print to this fine through my Windows XP machine
> so it seems to be something definitely with Vista, as I was able to print
> from the same machine when it was Windows XP. Do you feel this is something
> with HP and when they release Vista drivers it will be fixed?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQmlnRG9n?=

Re: HP Photosmart 8750 over network
Here's what is coming up in the event viewer:

Log Name: System
Source: Print
Date: 2/14/2007 9:49:29 PM
Event ID: 6161
Task Category: None
Level: Error
The document Test Page, owned by TheBigDog, failed to print on printer HP
Photosmart 8700 Series. Try to print the document again, or restart the print
spooler.
Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 139396. Number of
bytes printed: 139396. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of
pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\THEBIGDOG-PC. Win32 error code returned
by the print processor: 259. No more data is available.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Photosmart 8750 over network
No, blame it on HP. They are responsible for writing their own drivers.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Char" <chpen@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hp, Lexmark, cannon etc. need a few weeks to update their drivers, which
> are
> not compatible with Vista yet. Blame it on Microsoft !!!! Hp said by March
> 2nd...on Hp will be there for download...
> --
> Char

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP Photosmart 8750 over network
Will it print if you change the Print Processor to Winprint?

Printer, Properties, Advanced, Print Processor
Winprint and Raw on the other column