Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer

=?Utf-8?B?QWJlIEtsYWdzYnJ1bg==?=

Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
This is regarding Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and an Epson Stylus Photo
960 printer. This is an expensive printer and only a year old.

I bought Vista mainly because I thought my peripherals would be supported.
The Epson web site says that my printer is supported "out-of-the-box." See
the following link:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...d=86150#inkjet

As it turns out, there is no driver support for this printer in Vista.
Contacting Epson, I got the runaround with them saying that a fully
functional driver is included in the Vista box, which, obviously it is not.

Can you please escalate this to the appropriate level for resolution? There
are alot of very angry Epson customers with various printer models in this
line who are getting exactly the same runaround.

Failing that, how do I get a refund for my retail copy of Vista?
Malke

Re: Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
Abe Klagsbrun wrote:
> This is regarding Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and an Epson Stylus Photo
> 960 printer. This is an expensive printer and only a year old.
>
> I bought Vista mainly because I thought my peripherals would be supported.
> The Epson web site says that my printer is supported "out-of-the-box." See
> the following link:
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...d=86150#inkjet
>
> As it turns out, there is no driver support for this printer in Vista.
> Contacting Epson, I got the runaround with them saying that a fully
> functional driver is included in the Vista box, which, obviously it is not.
>
> Can you please escalate this to the appropriate level for resolution? There
> are alot of very angry Epson customers with various printer models in this
> line who are getting exactly the same runaround.
>
> Failing that, how do I get a refund for my retail copy of Vista?

Unfortunately, no one reading this newsgroup can "escalate this" for
you. This is a peer-to-peer public newsgroup. While some MS employees
occasionally post here, the vast majority of posters are volunteers who
do not work for the company.

You would need to escalate the situation with Epson and/or with
Microsoft directly. I would start with Epson and try to get a
higher-tier support person. Have exact text of error messages available
if there are any, or at least a very clear description of the problem
and what you are doing and why you think there is no driver support. And
no, I don't have an answer for you - sorry.

Windows Vista Solution Center - Contacts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/windowsvista

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?QWJlIEtsYWdzYnJ1bg==?=

Re: Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
Malke,

Thanks for your response.

I was hoping that an Employee in the Windows group would come across this
post. Some employees peruse the communities as part of their customer
involvement requirements.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
Hi, I am a volunteer in this newsgroup because I give a gosh tooting darn
about printing. Just because I work at Microsoft on the spooler team is
just a plus for me and you as a community.

I forwarded your concern to the Epson people who have MS provided email
accounts as well as a Program Manager who will forward on to someone who
works directly with Epson. This is either a mistake on Epson's website, or
Epson truly thought they had included this model in the product.

Hopefully this driver is complete and they can include it on Windows Update
and move the name to the Windows Update list on the Epson website.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Abe Klagsbrun wrote:
>> This is regarding Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and an Epson Stylus
>> Photo 960 printer. This is an expensive printer and only a year old.
>>
>> I bought Vista mainly because I thought my peripherals would be
>> supported. The Epson web site says that my printer is supported
>> "out-of-the-box." See the following link:
>>
>> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...d=86150#inkjet
>>
>> As it turns out, there is no driver support for this printer in Vista.
>> Contacting Epson, I got the runaround with them saying that a fully
>> functional driver is included in the Vista box, which, obviously it is
>> not.
>>
>> Can you please escalate this to the appropriate level for resolution?
>> There are alot of very angry Epson customers with various printer models
>> in this line who are getting exactly the same runaround.
>>
>> Failing that, how do I get a refund for my retail copy of Vista?

> Unfortunately, no one reading this newsgroup can "escalate this" for you.
> This is a peer-to-peer public newsgroup. While some MS employees
> occasionally post here, the vast majority of posters are volunteers who do
> not work for the company.
>
> You would need to escalate the situation with Epson and/or with Microsoft
> directly. I would start with Epson and try to get a higher-tier support
> person. Have exact text of error messages available if there are any, or
> at least a very clear description of the problem and what you are doing
> and why you think there is no driver support. And no, I don't have an
> answer for you - sorry.
>
> Windows Vista Solution Center - Contacts
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/windowsvista
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?QWJlIEtsYWdzYnJ1bg==?=

Re: Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
Thanks Alan,

If you could check back on this from titme to time, I'd certainly appreciate
it.

Regards,
Abe
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Abe

Re: Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:00:33 -0800, "Alan Morris [MSFT]"
<alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>You already have the answer!

Hi Alan,

Would you please forward my email address to Masumi (Seiko Epson) so
he can respond to me personally about their custom driver
availability?

Thanks,
Abe
(former MS employee in the Windows Server, and IIS groups).

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
just in from Epson

>I will confirm the launch schedule by tomorrow.

>Additionally I will request to change our web site.

Our Epson Web site has been updated. "Stylus Photo 960" was deleted. We are
going to launch "Stylus Photo 960 Vista printer drivers (only 32 bit)"
around Middle of April 2007.

Thank you

Macky

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Abe" <abekl@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:00:33 -0800, "Alan Morris [MSFT]"
> <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>You already have the answer!

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHZXJhcmQ=?=

Re: Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer
Hi,

My question is why did you guys come out with "Easy Print" for 64bit and are
not going to make a driver for 64bit? I don't understand it. I would
appriate a reply to this.

Thanks,
--
John

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> just in from Epson
>

> >I will confirm the launch schedule by tomorrow.

> >Additionally I will request to change our web site.

> Our Epson Web site has been updated. "Stylus Photo 960" was deleted. We are
> going to launch "Stylus Photo 960 Vista printer drivers (only 32 bit)"
> around Middle of April 2007.
>
> Thank you
>
> Macky
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Abe" <abekl@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:00:33 -0800, "Alan Morris [MSFT]"
> > <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >>You already have the answer!

No clue on this one. You will need to ask Epson.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team