Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
Not so far. We've requested it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Donald Mills" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just a follow-up. I have Ultimate. Like it! Reading past fax files still
> acting same though. Has there been any power tool or other to enable
> bringing in 'old' fax files? Just curious...
>
> ----------------
>

> "Mills Architect" <MillsArchitect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:098FFE71-753F-45E3-8CE3-BFD3E3FCB85E@microsoft.com...
>>I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I
>> make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many
>> historical
>> SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my
>> monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and
>> uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several
>> times.
>>
>> I am noticing that I cannot import past files and have them seen in the
>> current install of the Vista Fax/Scan application. I copy from my
>> historical
>> files from my backups into the "Fax Archives" and into the folder called
>> "C:\Users\Donald Mills\Documents\Fax", to no avail. They are not
>> viewable.
>> They do not show in the Vista Scan/Fax application window. Only the faxes
>> generated (sent/received) in CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>>
>> The odd thing here is that it does not matter whether the "old" fax files
>> were generated in Win Xp or Vista. The old files just are not viewable in
>> the
>> "current" install of Scan/Fax. Only the faxes generated (sent/received)
>> in
>> CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this???
>>
>> --
>> Donald Mills

=?Utf-8?B?TWlsbHMgQXJjaGl0ZWN0?=

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
Thanks for the note back. Not nagging. Just noticed my old notes when reading
thru and was curious. i am really liking Vista. Thanks for nice product!!!
--
Donald Mills

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Not so far. We've requested it.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Donald Mills" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Just a follow-up. I have Ultimate. Like it! Reading past fax files still
> > acting same though. Has there been any power tool or other to enable
> > bringing in 'old' fax files? Just curious...
> >
> > ----------------
> >

> > "Mills Architect" <MillsArchitect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:098FFE71-753F-45E3-8CE3-BFD3E3FCB85E@microsoft.com...
> >>I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I
> >> make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many
> >> historical
> >> SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my
> >> monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and
> >> uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several
> >> times.
> >>
> >> I am noticing that I cannot import past files and have them seen in the
> >> current install of the Vista Fax/Scan application. I copy from my
> >> historical
> >> files from my backups into the "Fax Archives" and into the folder called
> >> "C:\Users\Donald Mills\Documents\Fax", to no avail. They are not
> >> viewable.
> >> They do not show in the Vista Scan/Fax application window. Only the faxes
> >> generated (sent/received) in CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
> >>
> >> The odd thing here is that it does not matter whether the "old" fax files
> >> were generated in Win Xp or Vista. The old files just are not viewable in
> >> the
> >> "current" install of Scan/Fax. Only the faxes generated (sent/received)
> >> in
> >> CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
> >>
> >> Has anyone seen this???
> >>
> >> --
> >> Donald Mills

Donald Mills

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
Just a follow-up. I have Ultimate. Like it! Reading past fax files still
acting same though. Has there been any power tool or other to enable
bringing in 'old' fax files? Just curious...

----------------

"Mills Architect" <MillsArchitect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:098FFE71-753F-45E3-8CE3-BFD3E3FCB85E@microsoft.com...
>I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I
> make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many historical
> SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my
> monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and
> uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several
> times.
>
> I am noticing that I cannot import past files and have them seen in the
> current install of the Vista Fax/Scan application. I copy from my
> historical
> files from my backups into the "Fax Archives" and into the folder called
> "C:\Users\Donald Mills\Documents\Fax", to no avail. They are not viewable.
> They do not show in the Vista Scan/Fax application window. Only the faxes
> generated (sent/received) in CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>
> The odd thing here is that it does not matter whether the "old" fax files
> were generated in Win Xp or Vista. The old files just are not viewable in
> the
> "current" install of Scan/Fax. Only the faxes generated (sent/received) in
> CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>
> Has anyone seen this???
>
> --
> Donald Mills

Mills Architect

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
Not to nag. Just curious if there is any "tool" yet to bring past fax files
into a current install of Windows Fax/Scan.

Otherwise, except for the pesky "Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped
working" when I have Outlook 2007 open for longer than 10-15 mins, I really
am pleased with Vista (x86 Ultimate) and MS Office 2007 Pro. I worked with
the betas of both from pre RC1 days, and these programs are now solid
(kindof hinky at the though, so I am appreciative of where things are!!!).

Thanks!!!
DMills

"Donald Mills" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just a follow-up. I have Ultimate. Like it! Reading past fax files still
> acting same though. Has there been any power tool or other to enable
> bringing in 'old' fax files? Just curious...
>
> ----------------
>

> "Mills Architect" <MillsArchitect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:098FFE71-753F-45E3-8CE3-BFD3E3FCB85E@microsoft.com...
>>I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I
>> make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many
>> historical
>> SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my
>> monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and
>> uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several
>> times.
>>
>> I am noticing that I cannot import past files and have them seen in the
>> current install of the Vista Fax/Scan application. I copy from my
>> historical
>> files from my backups into the "Fax Archives" and into the folder called
>> "C:\Users\Donald Mills\Documents\Fax", to no avail. They are not
>> viewable.
>> They do not show in the Vista Scan/Fax application window. Only the faxes
>> generated (sent/received) in CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>>
>> The odd thing here is that it does not matter whether the "old" fax files
>> were generated in Win Xp or Vista. The old files just are not viewable in
>> the
>> "current" install of Scan/Fax. Only the faxes generated (sent/received)
>> in
>> CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this???
>>
>> --
>> Donald Mills

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
No. Still being considered for a Power Toy type add-in.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Mills Architect" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Not to nag. Just curious if there is any "tool" yet to bring past fax
> files into a current install of Windows Fax/Scan.
>
> Otherwise, except for the pesky "Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped
> working" when I have Outlook 2007 open for longer than 10-15 mins, I
> really am pleased with Vista (x86 Ultimate) and MS Office 2007 Pro. I
> worked with the betas of both from pre RC1 days, and these programs are
> now solid (kindof hinky at the though, so I am appreciative of where
> things are!!!).
>
> Thanks!!!
> DMills
>

> "Donald Mills" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Just a follow-up. I have Ultimate. Like it! Reading past fax files still
>> acting same though. Has there been any power tool or other to enable
>> bringing in 'old' fax files? Just curious...
>>
>> ----------------
>>

>> "Mills Architect" <MillsArchitect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:098FFE71-753F-45E3-8CE3-BFD3E3FCB85E@microsoft.com...
>>>I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out.
>>> make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many
>>> historical
>>> SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my
>>> monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs
>>> and
>>> uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several
>>> times.
>>>
>>> I am noticing that I cannot import past files and have them seen in the
>>> current install of the Vista Fax/Scan application. I copy from my
>>> historical
>>> files from my backups into the "Fax Archives" and into the folder called
>>> "C:\Users\Donald Mills\Documents\Fax", to no avail. They are not
>>> viewable.
>>> They do not show in the Vista Scan/Fax application window. Only the
>>> faxes
>>> generated (sent/received) in CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>>>
>>> The odd thing here is that it does not matter whether the "old" fax
>>> files
>>> were generated in Win Xp or Vista. The old files just are not viewable
>>> in the
>>> "current" install of Scan/Fax. Only the faxes generated (sent/received)
>>> in
>>> CURRENT INSTALL are viewable.
>>>
>>> Has anyone seen this???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Donald Mills

Mills Architect

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
Thanks for the note back. By the way, I'm not sure where to post or find out
anything about the continual "Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped
working" thing. Surely, I'm not the only one this happens to. I would just
like to...

- Find out how to fix it.
- Figure out what settings need to set to what.
- Even just find where to post and look for help.

I appreciate any help, advice, direction, etc. Again, thanks for all...

DMills

> No. Still being considered for a Power Toy type add-in.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mills Architect" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Not to nag. Just curious if there is any "tool" yet to bring past fax
>> files into a current install of Windows Fax/Scan.
>>
>> Otherwise, except for the pesky "Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped
>> working" when I have Outlook 2007 open for longer than 10-15 mins, I
>> really am pleased with Vista (x86 Ultimate) and MS Office 2007 Pro. I
>> worked with the betas of both from pre RC1 days, and these programs are
>> now solid (kindof hinky at the though, so I am appreciative of where
>> things are!!!).
>>
>> Thanks!!!
>> DMills
>>

>> "Donald Mills" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Just a follow-up. I have Ultimate. Like it! Reading past fax files still
>>> acting same though. Has there been any power tool or other to enable
>>> bringing in 'old' fax files? Just curious...
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>>

>>> "Mills Architect" <MillsArchitect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:098FFE71-753F-45E3-8CE3-BFD3E3FCB85E@microsoft.com...

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
I'd try the general group or performance or file management.

--
> Thanks for the note back. By the way, I'm not sure where to post or find
> out anything about the continual "Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped
> working" thing. Surely, I'm not the only one this happens to. I would just
> like to...
>
> - Find out how to fix it.
> - Figure out what settings need to set to what.
> - Even just find where to post and look for help.
>
> I appreciate any help, advice, direction, etc. Again, thanks for all...
>
> DMills
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> No. Still being considered for a Power Toy type add-in.
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Mills Architect" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Not to nag. Just curious if there is any "tool" yet to bring past fax
>>> files into a current install of Windows Fax/Scan.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, except for the pesky "Windows Search Protocol Host has
>>> stopped working" when I have Outlook 2007 open for longer than 10-15
>>> mins, I really am pleased with Vista (x86 Ultimate) and MS Office 2007
>>> Pro. I worked with the betas of both from pre RC1 days, and these
>>> programs are now solid (kindof hinky at the though, so I am appreciative
>>> of where things are!!!).
>>>
>>> Thanks!!!
>>> DMills

Mills Architect

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
Thanks for being good about responding. Have a great weekend...

DMills

> I'd try the general group or performance or file management.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mills Architect" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the note back. By the way, I'm not sure where to post or find
>> out anything about the continual "Windows Search Protocol Host has
>> stopped working" thing. Surely, I'm not the only one this happens to. I
>> would just like to...
>>
>> - Find out how to fix it.
>> - Figure out what settings need to set to what.
>> - Even just find where to post and look for help.
>>
>> I appreciate any help, advice, direction, etc. Again, thanks for all...
>>
>> DMills
>>

>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> No. Still being considered for a Power Toy type add-in.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Mills Architect

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
Thanks again for your help. Sent plea for help to file management. Been
great. I see where you were there too. Dave Wood has been wonderful.
Honetly, just knowing that there is actually a problem vs something weird
I'm doing (may still be some there, but not as much I think).

Anyway, thanks again for your help!!!

DMills

> I'd try the general group or performance or file management.
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mills Architect" <millsaia@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the note back. By the way, I'm not sure where to post or find
>> out anything about the continual "Windows Search Protocol Host has
>> stopped working" thing. Surely, I'm not the only one this happens to. I
>> would just like to...
>>
>> - Find out how to fix it.
>> - Figure out what settings need to set to what.
>> - Even just find where to post and look for help.
>>
>> I appreciate any help, advice, direction, etc. Again, thanks for all...
>>
>> DMills
>>

>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> No. Still being considered for a Power Toy type add-in.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files
You're welcome. The Outlook developers are taking a look at this too. New
features are always "two steps forward, one step back" for a while.
Hopefully it will all be ironed out soon.