Error printing to my DBT-320

=?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9y?=

Error printing to my DBT-320
Hi, I have a D-Link Bluetooth-320 print server that I can't get Vista to talk
to correctly. I can install the printer that is on the server, and get Vista
to recognise that the printer is out there waiting to be used, but each time
I try to print a test page, it asks for a Passkey - which the server does not
require.

Is there a way to install the print server and print to it bypassing or
disabling the requirement for a passkey? I can install the device under
Bluetooth Devices without a passkey, but that doesn't stop Vista for asking
for one when I attempt printing to it.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
And D-Link have said what?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a D-Link Bluetooth-320 print server that I can't get Vista to
> talk
> to correctly. I can install the printer that is on the server, and get
> Vista
> to recognise that the printer is out there waiting to be used, but each
> time
> I try to print a test page, it asks for a Passkey - which the server does
> not
> require.
>
> Is there a way to install the print server and print to it bypassing or
> disabling the requirement for a passkey? I can install the device under
> Bluetooth Devices without a passkey, but that doesn't stop Vista for
> asking
> for one when I attempt printing to it.

=?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9y?=

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
Notta - They will not be supporting the Bt320 on Vista. Hence, I am here,
asking for help.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> And D-Link have said what?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have a D-Link Bluetooth-320 print server that I can't get Vista to
> > talk
> > to correctly. I can install the printer that is on the server, and get
> > Vista
> > to recognise that the printer is out there waiting to be used, but each
> > time
> > I try to print a test page, it asks for a Passkey - which the server does
> > not
> > require.
> >
> > Is there a way to install the print server and print to it bypassing or
> > disabling the requirement for a passkey? I can install the device under
> > Bluetooth Devices without a passkey, but that doesn't stop Vista for
> > asking
> > for one when I attempt printing to it.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
It's D-Link's responsibility to support their own hardware. If this is an
older device, your only option may be to purchase a newer unit that does
support Vista.
--

> Notta - They will not be supporting the Bt320 on Vista. Hence, I am here,
> asking for help.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> And D-Link have said what?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, I have a D-Link Bluetooth-320 print server that I can't get Vista
>> > talk
>> > to correctly. I can install the printer that is on the server, and get
>> > Vista
>> > to recognise that the printer is out there waiting to be used, but each
>> > time
>> > I try to print a test page, it asks for a Passkey - which the server
>> > does
>> > not
>> > require.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to install the print server and print to it bypassing or
>> > disabling the requirement for a passkey? I can install the device under
>> > Bluetooth Devices without a passkey, but that doesn't stop Vista for
>> > asking
>> > for one when I attempt printing to it.

=?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9y?=

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
I agree, however as I stated - the device works fine. It prints from every
other bluetooth object I own, except Vista because Microsoft Vista requires a
passkey for each and every connectable device. It won't allow me to say "This
device does not need a passkey to print to it" except when adding it to the
Bluetooth Device panel. Each time the computer prints to the device, it says
"A Bluetooth Device is trying to access this computer... Click here to
allow." Then requests a passkey. Which there is none. Entering nothing in
results in a terminating error inside Vista.

So like I asked originally... Is there a way to set BT device up to be
connected to your Vista system and bypass the requirement for a passkey when
a passkey is not required to access the device?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It's D-Link's responsibility to support their own hardware. If this is an
> older device, your only option may be to purchase a newer unit that does
> support Vista.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Notta - They will not be supporting the Bt320 on Vista. Hence, I am here,
> > asking for help.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> And D-Link have said what?
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
In your Networking and Sharing Center, what is Password Protected Sharing
set to?
--

>I agree, however as I stated - the device works fine. It prints from every
> other bluetooth object I own, except Vista because Microsoft Vista
> requires a
> passkey for each and every connectable device. It won't allow me to say
> "This
> device does not need a passkey to print to it" except when adding it to
> the
> Bluetooth Device panel. Each time the computer prints to the device, it
> says
> "A Bluetooth Device is trying to access this computer... Click here to
> allow." Then requests a passkey. Which there is none. Entering nothing in
> results in a terminating error inside Vista.
>
> So like I asked originally... Is there a way to set BT device up to be
> connected to your Vista system and bypass the requirement for a passkey
> when
> a passkey is not required to access the device?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> It's D-Link's responsibility to support their own hardware. If this is
>> an
>> older device, your only option may be to purchase a newer unit that does
>> support Vista.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Notta - They will not be supporting the Bt320 on Vista. Hence, I am
>> > here,
>> > asking for help.

=?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9y?=

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
It's currently set in the "off" mode. Network Disc. is on, File sharing, on,
PFS off, Password protected saring off and media sharing on.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> In your Networking and Sharing Center, what is Password Protected Sharing
> set to?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I agree, however as I stated - the device works fine. It prints from every
> > other bluetooth object I own, except Vista because Microsoft Vista
> > requires a
> > passkey for each and every connectable device. It won't allow me to say
> > "This
> > device does not need a passkey to print to it" except when adding it to
> > the
> > Bluetooth Device panel. Each time the computer prints to the device, it
> > says
> > "A Bluetooth Device is trying to access this computer... Click here to
> > allow." Then requests a passkey. Which there is none. Entering nothing in
> > results in a terminating error inside Vista.
> >
> > So like I asked originally... Is there a way to set BT device up to be
> > connected to your Vista system and bypass the requirement for a passkey
> > when
> > a passkey is not required to access the device?
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> It's D-Link's responsibility to support their own hardware. If this is
> >> an
> >> older device, your only option may be to purchase a newer unit that does
> >> support Vista.
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBC?=

"Taylor" wrote:

> It's currently set in the "off" mode. Network Disc. is on, File sharing, on,
> PFS off, Password protected saring off and media sharing on.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > In your Networking and Sharing Center, what is Password Protected Sharing
> > set to?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> > http://www.coribright.com/windows
> >
> > "Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I agree, however as I stated - the device works fine. It prints from every
> > > other bluetooth object I own, except Vista because Microsoft Vista
> > > requires a
> > > passkey for each and every connectable device. It won't allow me to say
> > > "This
> > > device does not need a passkey to print to it" except when adding it to
> > > the
> > > Bluetooth Device panel. Each time the computer prints to the device, it
> > > says
> > > "A Bluetooth Device is trying to access this computer... Click here to
> > > allow." Then requests a passkey. Which there is none. Entering nothing in
> > > results in a terminating error inside Vista.
> > >
> > > So like I asked originally... Is there a way to set BT device up to be
> > > connected to your Vista system and bypass the requirement for a passkey
> > > when
> > > a passkey is not required to access the device?

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBC?=

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
Hi - just wondered if you found any answer? I have exactly the same issue -
I can detect my printer via bluetooth, but it asks for and rejects null
passkeys.

"Taylor" wrote:

> It's currently set in the "off" mode. Network Disc. is on, File sharing, on,
> PFS off, Password protected saring off and media sharing on.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > In your Networking and Sharing Center, what is Password Protected Sharing
> > set to?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> > http://www.coribright.com/windows
> >
> > "Taylor" <Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I agree, however as I stated - the device works fine. It prints from every
> > > other bluetooth object I own, except Vista because Microsoft Vista
> > > requires a
> > > passkey for each and every connectable device. It won't allow me to say
> > > "This
> > > device does not need a passkey to print to it" except when adding it to
> > > the
> > > Bluetooth Device panel. Each time the computer prints to the device, it
> > > says
> > > "A Bluetooth Device is trying to access this computer... Click here to
> > > allow." Then requests a passkey. Which there is none. Entering nothing in
> > > results in a terminating error inside Vista.
> > >
> > > So like I asked originally... Is there a way to set BT device up to be
> > > connected to your Vista system and bypass the requirement for a passkey
> > > when
> > > a passkey is not required to access the device?

=?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9y?=

Re: Error printing to my DBT-320
Sorry to report, no one has ever been able to give me an answer either way. I
sort of got lazy about it and just network-shared the printer thru my XP
computer and am printing that way. I will be posting in the
Bluetooth/Networking community next to see if anyone who understands Vista's
BT connectivity can help.