Wireless printing problems

=?Utf-8?B?SktT?=

Wireless printing problems
I just purchased a new laptop with vista.... My wireless printer will not
work. It worked with my previous laptops. I have contacted HP (the printer
and laptop manuf.) I have also contacted Linksys. I am being told it is
some type of firewall issue. I have turned off everything I can find,
Fispher, popups, firewall.... anyone have a suggestion? My apple laptop will
still print to the printer so I have ruled out the network.... help.
PLEASE!!!!
Lee Steele

Re: Wireless printing problems
I had basically the same problem. I had forgotten I had Wireless Mac
Filtering enabled on the Linksys router. Once I disabled the Mac Filtering,
the network found the wireless printer card. I could then identify the Mac
address of the wireless printed card and add it to the Wireless Mac
Filtering List.

Hope this helps.

Lee Steele
"JKS" <JKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a new laptop with vista.... My wireless printer will not
> work. It worked with my previous laptops. I have contacted HP (the
> printer
> and laptop manuf.) I have also contacted Linksys. I am being told it is
> some type of firewall issue. I have turned off everything I can find,
> Fispher, popups, firewall.... anyone have a suggestion? My apple laptop
> will
> still print to the printer so I have ruled out the network.... help.
> PLEASE!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?SktT?=

Re: Wireless printing problems
I will try and find it but I am not sure how I do that.

"Lee Steele" wrote:

> I had basically the same problem. I had forgotten I had Wireless Mac
> Filtering enabled on the Linksys router. Once I disabled the Mac Filtering,
> the network found the wireless printer card. I could then identify the Mac
> address of the wireless printed card and add it to the Wireless Mac
> Filtering List.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Lee Steele
> "JKS" <JKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just purchased a new laptop with vista.... My wireless printer will not
> > work. It worked with my previous laptops. I have contacted HP (the
> > printer
> > and laptop manuf.) I have also contacted Linksys. I am being told it is
> > some type of firewall issue. I have turned off everything I can find,
> > Fispher, popups, firewall.... anyone have a suggestion? My apple laptop
> > will
> > still print to the printer so I have ruled out the network.... help.
> > PLEASE!!!!

Lee Steele

Re: Wireless printing problems
From your first post I assume you are using a Linksys router. Open your
internet explorer, in the address line type 192.168.1.1. You will be
prompted for a password. Unless you changed it, do not enter a user ID but
enter "admin" without the quotes in the password.
When the Setup screen appears, click on Wireless and then Wireless MAC
Filter. If the Enable radio button is checked, click Disable and then save
settings. If the Disable button is already checked, then your problem lies
elsewhere.

If the Enable button is checked, once you disable it, you should be able to
connect. When you do, In the Linksys Setup screen, click on the Status tab
and then Local Network. Then click on the DHCP Clients Table. You will
see your wireless card with IP address and Mac Address.

If you want to enable the Wireless Mac Filter, go back to the Wireless Tab,
Click on Wireless Mac Filter, click Edit Mac Filter List and add the Mac
address of your wireless card. When finished, click on save settings and
exit.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

>I will try and find it but I am not sure how I do that.
>
> "Lee Steele" wrote:
>
>> I had basically the same problem. I had forgotten I had Wireless Mac
>> Filtering enabled on the Linksys router. Once I disabled the Mac
>> Filtering,
>> the network found the wireless printer card. I could then identify the
>> Mac
>> address of the wireless printed card and add it to the Wireless Mac
>> Filtering List.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Lee Steele
>> "JKS" <JKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just purchased a new laptop with vista.... My wireless printer will
>> >not
>> > work. It worked with my previous laptops. I have contacted HP (the
>> > printer
>> > and laptop manuf.) I have also contacted Linksys. I am being told it
>> > is
>> > some type of firewall issue. I have turned off everything I can find,
>> > Fispher, popups, firewall.... anyone have a suggestion? My apple
>> > laptop
>> > will
>> > still print to the printer so I have ruled out the network.... help.
>> > PLEASE!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?SktT?=

Re: Wireless printing problems
It was already Disabled.... I also can not keep the wireless connection for
my laptop so something is wrong... The apple laptop I have works fine.... I
am sorry to say. I am trying to switch back to windows but it is a
struggle...

I appreciate your help.