Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

VISTA : error at startup of 'Windows Fax and Scan' (access denied)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2007
=?Utf-8?B?V2lt?=
 

Posts: n/a
VISTA : error at startup of 'Windows Fax and Scan' (access denied)
Every time I try to start up 'Windows Fax and Scan' I get an error 'access
denied to folder 'Documents'), although I am the only user on this machine an
although I have administrator rights. Then there is no other choice but
closing the application by clicking the error screen.

This problem occurs on a clean installation of Windows Vista Ultimate (Dutch
version).

The folder contains my new documents, and of course the documents I manually
transferred from my old XP-machine (including pics, video's and music). I
already tried to move the music files (as someone in this community
suggested), but this didn't help.

Does anyone has a suggestion of how to solve this problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Wim
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2007
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: VISTA : error at startup of 'Windows Fax and Scan' (access denied)
What happens if you elevate to run as an administrator?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Wim" <Wim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9B0A60AC-06ED-415B-8E2F-984544E1A94C@microsoft.com...
> Every time I try to start up 'Windows Fax and Scan' I get an error 'access
> denied to folder 'Documents'), although I am the only user on this machine
> an
> although I have administrator rights. Then there is no other choice but
> closing the application by clicking the error screen.
>
> This problem occurs on a clean installation of Windows Vista Ultimate
> (Dutch
> version).
>
> The folder contains my new documents, and of course the documents I
> manually
> transferred from my old XP-machine (including pics, video's and music). I
> already tried to move the music files (as someone in this community
> suggested), but this didn't help.
>
> Does anyone has a suggestion of how to solve this problem ?
> Thanks in advance.
> Wim


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2007
=?Utf-8?B?V2lt?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: VISTA : error at startup of 'Windows Fax and Scan' (access den
Dear Russ,

I tried that yesterday several times and it didn't work neither.

After your message, I just retried and now it works....

Only difference compaired to yesterday is that meanwhile, I "played" bit
with some 'folder options' (activating and desactivating several options,
several times. After these changes I tried to start my own acount, and it did
not work. And now it still doesn't work.

But.. now executing it with the right-click 'Administrator'-option, it now
works for start up.

Thanks for your advise, by trying again it now works !

Wim

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> What happens if you elevate to run as an administrator?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Wim" <Wim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9B0A60AC-06ED-415B-8E2F-984544E1A94C@microsoft.com...
> > Every time I try to start up 'Windows Fax and Scan' I get an error 'access
> > denied to folder 'Documents'), although I am the only user on this machine
> > an
> > although I have administrator rights. Then there is no other choice but
> > closing the application by clicking the error screen.
> >
> > This problem occurs on a clean installation of Windows Vista Ultimate
> > (Dutch
> > version).
> >
> > The folder contains my new documents, and of course the documents I
> > manually
> > transferred from my old XP-machine (including pics, video's and music). I
> > already tried to move the music files (as someone in this community
> > suggested), but this didn't help.
> >
> > Does anyone has a suggestion of how to solve this problem ?
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Wim

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2007
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: VISTA : error at startup of 'Windows Fax and Scan' (access den
Was the path to your archive folder valid?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Wim" <Wim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:05789AE2-3174-45C9-9791-40ABA1803FEA@microsoft.com...
> Dear Russ,
>
> I tried that yesterday several times and it didn't work neither.
>
> After your message, I just retried and now it works....
>
> Only difference compaired to yesterday is that meanwhile, I "played" bit
> with some 'folder options' (activating and desactivating several options,
> several times. After these changes I tried to start my own acount, and it
> did
> not work. And now it still doesn't work.
>
> But.. now executing it with the right-click 'Administrator'-option, it now
> works for start up.
>
> Thanks for your advise, by trying again it now works !
>
> Wim
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> What happens if you elevate to run as an administrator?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Wim" <Wim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9B0A60AC-06ED-415B-8E2F-984544E1A94C@microsoft.com...
>> > Every time I try to start up 'Windows Fax and Scan' I get an error
>> > 'access
>> > denied to folder 'Documents'), although I am the only user on this
>> > machine
>> > an
>> > although I have administrator rights. Then there is no other choice but
>> > closing the application by clicking the error screen.
>> >
>> > This problem occurs on a clean installation of Windows Vista Ultimate
>> > (Dutch
>> > version).
>> >
>> > The folder contains my new documents, and of course the documents I
>> > manually
>> > transferred from my old XP-machine (including pics, video's and music).
>> > I
>> > already tried to move the music files (as someone in this community
>> > suggested), but this didn't help.
>> >
>> > Does anyone has a suggestion of how to solve this problem ?
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > Wim

>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2007
=?Utf-8?B?THlsZQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: VISTA : error at startup of 'Windows Fax and Scan' (access den
Russ,

I have the same problem. If I run Fax and Scan as Adminitrator, it works
fine. If I try to run it under my regular user account, I get a dialog box
that says that F&S cannot access my documents. I've tried to see if user
rights were getting in the way, and I've tried moving the location of the
archive files. No joy yet.

To assist with your (anticipated!) answer, I keep the Documents directory in
my E:\ partition.

One bizarre thing is that I notice that in the system priviledge window, the
folder is identified as "My Documents", whereas it is called just
"Documents". Maybe this is a clue, but I see no way of correcting this error
either...

Hope you can help!

Lyle

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Was the path to your archive folder valid?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Wim" <Wim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:05789AE2-3174-45C9-9791-40ABA1803FEA@microsoft.com...
> > Dear Russ,
> >
> > I tried that yesterday several times and it didn't work neither.
> >
> > After your message, I just retried and now it works....
> >
> > Only difference compaired to yesterday is that meanwhile, I "played" bit
> > with some 'folder options' (activating and desactivating several options,
> > several times. After these changes I tried to start my own acount, and it
> > did
> > not work. And now it still doesn't work.
> >
> > But.. now executing it with the right-click 'Administrator'-option, it now
> > works for start up.
> >
> > Thanks for your advise, by trying again it now works !
> >
> > Wim
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> What happens if you elevate to run as an administrator?
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Wim" <Wim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:9B0A60AC-06ED-415B-8E2F-984544E1A94C@microsoft.com...
> >> > Every time I try to start up 'Windows Fax and Scan' I get an error
> >> > 'access
> >> > denied to folder 'Documents'), although I am the only user on this
> >> > machine
> >> > an
> >> > although I have administrator rights. Then there is no other choice but
> >> > closing the application by clicking the error screen.
> >> >
> >> > This problem occurs on a clean installation of Windows Vista Ultimate
> >> > (Dutch
> >> > version).
> >> >
> >> > The folder contains my new documents, and of course the documents I
> >> > manually
> >> > transferred from my old XP-machine (including pics, video's and music).
> >> > I
> >> > already tried to move the music files (as someone in this community
> >> > suggested), but this didn't help.
> >> >
> >> > Does anyone has a suggestion of how to solve this problem ?
> >> > Thanks in advance.
> >> > Wim
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120