Epson status monitor

=?Utf-8?B?RXBzb24gUHJpbnRlciAmIFNjYW5uZXI=?=

Epson status monitor
Hi
How do you check the ink levels if the status monitor does not work in vista?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Epson status monitor
You hope that eventually Epson will get around to writing a new one which
will work in Vista. Or do what Epson hopes you will do and get a newer
model.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Epson Printer & Scanner" <EpsonPrinterScanner@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:03AEDB3C-CC39-4340-B887-7DA9B5AD0341@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> How do you check the ink levels if the status monitor does not work in
> vista?

Judy Booth

Re: Epson status monitor
=?Utf-8?B?RXBzb24gUHJpbnRlciAmIFNjYW5uZXI=?=
<EpsonPrinterScanner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hi
> How do you check the ink levels if the status monitor does not work in
> vista?

Have you tried checking to see if Epson have provided an updated driver on
their website?
There is a list of printers for which drivers are provided either Inbox or
via downloads on their US website at:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...supAdvice.jsp?
type=highlights&noteoid=86150

This list doesn't seem to be complete (our printer isn't on the list) but
it should be a useful starting point. If it is an Inbox driver then you may
find that there is no longer a status monitor - in which case you need an
XP box to check the ink levels...

Judy
Donald McDaniel

Re: Epson status monitor
"Judy Booth" <Judy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:Xns98D47CFEFD222judyboothbcsorguk@130.133.1.4 ...
> =?Utf-8?B?RXBzb24gUHJpbnRlciAmIFNjYW5uZXI=?=
> <EpsonPrinterScanner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> Hi
>> How do you check the ink levels if the status monitor does not work in
>> vista?

> Have you tried checking to see if Epson have provided an updated driver on
> their website?
> There is a list of printers for which drivers are provided either Inbox or
> via downloads on their US website at:
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...supAdvice.jsp?
> type=highlights&noteoid=86150
>
> This list doesn't seem to be complete (our printer isn't on the list) but
> it should be a useful starting point. If it is an Inbox driver then you may
> find that there is no longer a status monitor - in which case you need an
> XP box to check the ink levels...
>
> Judy

The page with the Vista-supported Epson printers (or soon-to-be-supported
Epson printers) is probably pretty complete from Epson's POV. They plainly
state that if YOUR printer is NOT on the list, there will be NO SUPPORT for
Vista. PERIOD.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

=?Utf-8?B?ZXRjY2Ri?=

Re: Epson status monitor
i have two printers an epson photo and a hp text printer...i have found the
same problem with vista...on both ink levels don't show...on the epson you
will get a flashing red light when you are low and if you hold the button
down for 3 or so seconds it will show you which cartridge is low

"Donald McDaniel" wrote:

> "Judy Booth" <Judy@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:Xns98D47CFEFD222judyboothbcsorguk@130.133.1.4 ...
> > =?Utf-8?B?RXBzb24gUHJpbnRlciAmIFNjYW5uZXI=?=
> > <EpsonPrinterScanner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >
> >> Hi
> >> How do you check the ink levels if the status monitor does not work in
> >> vista?

> > Have you tried checking to see if Epson have provided an updated driver on
> > their website?
> > There is a list of printers for which drivers are provided either Inbox or
> > via downloads on their US website at:
> > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...supAdvice.jsp?
> > type=highlights&noteoid=86150
> >
> > This list doesn't seem to be complete (our printer isn't on the list) but
> > it should be a useful starting point. If it is an Inbox driver then you may
> > find that there is no longer a status monitor - in which case you need an
> > XP box to check the ink levels...
> >
> > Judy

> The page with the Vista-supported Epson printers (or soon-to-be-supported
> Epson printers) is probably pretty complete from Epson's POV. They plainly
> state that if YOUR printer is NOT on the list, there will be NO SUPPORT for
> Vista. PERIOD.
>
> --
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

=?Utf-8?B?ZXRjY2Ri?=

Re: Epson status monitor
i just received my final communication from epson..they basically that they
are not going to develop the software that will allow my staus monitor to
work in vista...i have the same problem with hp...i don't hear anything about
problems with canons....maybe thats where i should look for my next printer