DOS Network Printing

=?Utf-8?B?TWlzcyBDb25kdWN0?=

DOS Network Printing
I have an old DOS program and need to network print between 2 machines. I am
printing from Vista to XP. I have tried using a NET USE command and it is
asking for a login and password for the XP machine and there is no password
set.

Anyone having any luck with this?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: DOS Network Printing
1) Use the Administrator account on the XP machine net use lpt1:
/u:XPmachine\administrator password
or
2) Add a user account to the XP machine
or
3) enabled the guest account

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Miss Conduct" <Miss Conduct@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an old DOS program and need to network print between 2 machines. I
>am
> printing from Vista to XP. I have tried using a NET USE command and it is
> asking for a login and password for the XP machine and there is no
> password
> set.
>
> Anyone having any luck with this?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlzcyBDb25kdWN0?=

Re: DOS Network Printing
I have tried this. It still asks for the user name and password and when I
enter them I get a System Error 5 and Access is Denied.

Has anyone tried to do this?

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> 1) Use the Administrator account on the XP machine net use lpt1:
> /u:XPmachine\administrator password
> or
> 2) Add a user account to the XP machine
> or
> 3) enabled the guest account
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Miss Conduct" <Miss Conduct@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an old DOS program and need to network print between 2 machines. I
> >am
> > printing from Vista to XP. I have tried using a NET USE command and it is
> > asking for a login and password for the XP machine and there is no
> > password
> > set.
> >
> > Anyone having any luck with this?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: DOS Network Printing
This is a security issue not a printing issue. Be sure to setup the network
as a Home or Private network. If the network is public, this disables
network discovery.