Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?

=?Utf-8?B?c2NoaWxkYg==?=

Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
Any news as to when the driver will be updated? I connect to the printer
using BlueTooth/Wireless and it finds and installs the HP 7410 driver.
However, when printing duplex, the reverse side is printed upside down (head
to foot instead of head to head). It worked correctly back when I was using
WindowsXP.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
HP has an issue with this driver. I'll ping the HP driver developer here
and see if he has an update.

Vista: Printing: Duplex printing won't format properly on HP OfficeJet 7410
All-in-One

If HP already has an updated driver at HP.com great but you could find a
compatible driver where duplex does work and use that driver for now.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"schildb" <schildb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any news as to when the driver will be updated? I connect to the printer
> using BlueTooth/Wireless and it finds and installs the HP 7410 driver.
> However, when printing duplex, the reverse side is printed upside down
> (head
> to foot instead of head to head). It worked correctly back when I was
> using
> WindowsXP.

=?Utf-8?B?QVRLbGluZQ==?=

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
Alan,

This also appears to be with the HP OJ7310 with the duplexing unit
installed. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. For a moment there, I
thought I was losing my mind.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> HP has an issue with this driver. I'll ping the HP driver developer here
> and see if he has an update.
>
> Vista: Printing: Duplex printing won't format properly on HP OfficeJet 7410
> All-in-One
>
> If HP already has an updated driver at HP.com great but you could find a
> compatible driver where duplex does work and use that driver for now.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "schildb" <schildb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any news as to when the driver will be updated? I connect to the printer
> > using BlueTooth/Wireless and it finds and installs the HP 7410 driver.
> > However, when printing duplex, the reverse side is printed upside down
> > (head
> > to foot instead of head to head). It worked correctly back when I was
> > using
> > WindowsXP.

richard@albergfamily.com

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
On 8 Feb, 20:09, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> HP has an issue with this driver. I'll ping the HP driver developer here
> and see if he has an update.
>
> Vista: Printinguplexprinting won't format properly on HPOfficeJet7410
> All-in-One
>
> If HP already has an updated driver at HP.com great but you could find a
> compatible driver whereduplexdoes work and use that driver for now.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> "schildb" <schi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Any news as to when the driver will be updated? I connect to the printer
> > using BlueTooth/Wireless and it finds and installs the HP 7410 driver.
> > However, when printingduplex, the reverse side is printed upside down
> > (head
> > to foot instead of head to head). It worked correctly back when I was
> > using
> > WindowsXP.- Hide quoted text -

How do I pick which alternative printer driver to load that will also
support the 7410? Or is there another workaround?

My experience is that I can successfully duplex under XP. The
Microsoft driver under Vista does not support duplex whilst the HP one
under Vista prints the second page upside down. All help much
appreciated!

Richard

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
Richard

Your best bet is to contact HP and ask them.. if anybody knows, they will or
should..

news:1172407004.691578.7370@h3g2000cwc.googlegroup s.com...

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
HP has a fix for this. They will be publishing the new driver to Windows
Update.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Richard
>
> Your best bet is to contact HP and ask them.. if anybody knows, they will
> or should..
>

> <richard@albergfamily.com> wrote in message
> news:1172407004.691578.7370@h3g2000cwc.googlegroup s.com...
>> On 8 Feb, 20:09, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>> HP has an issue with this driver. I'll ping the HP driver developer
>>> here
>>> and see if he has an update.
>>>
>>> Vista: Printinguplexprinting won't format properly on HPOfficeJet7410
>>> All-in-One
>>>
>>> If HP already has an updated driver at HP.com great but you could find a
>>> compatible driver whereduplexdoes work and use that driver for now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alan Morris
>>> Windows Printing Team
>>> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base
>>> here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

>>> rights.
>>>
>>> "schildb" <schi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> How do I pick which alternative printer driver to load that will also
>> support the 7410? Or is there another workaround?
>>
>> My experience is that I can successfully duplex under XP. The
>> Microsoft driver under Vista does not support duplex whilst the HP one
>> under Vista prints the second page upside down. All help much
>> appreciated!
>>
>> Richard
>>

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
I spoke with the HP driver developer. He said I could pass along the
updated GDP that address' the problem.

contact me directly
alanmo microsoft.com

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP has a fix for this. They will be publishing the new driver to Windows
> Update.
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:uxZDlnOWHHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Richard
>>
>> Your best bet is to contact HP and ask them.. if anybody knows, they will
>> or should..
>>

>> <richard@albergfamily.com> wrote in message
>> news:1172407004.691578.7370@h3g2000cwc.googlegroup s.com...

>>> How do I pick which alternative printer driver to load that will also
>>> support the 7410? Or is there another workaround?
>>>
>>> My experience is that I can successfully duplex under XP. The
>>> Microsoft driver under Vista does not support duplex whilst the HP one
>>> under Vista prints the second page upside down. All help much
>>> appreciated!
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
Alan

That will be welcome news for a few people..

>I spoke with the HP driver developer. He said I could pass along the
>updated GDP that address' the problem.
>
> contact me directly
> alanmo microsoft.com
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> HP has a fix for this. They will be publishing the new driver to Windows
>> Update.
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
>> message news:uxZDlnOWHHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> Richard
>>>
>>> Your best bet is to contact HP and ask them.. if anybody knows, they
>>> will or should..
>>>

>>> <richard@albergfamily.com> wrote in message
>>> news:1172407004.691578.7370@h3g2000cwc.googlegroup s.com...

>>> --
>>>

>>> Mike Hall
>>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Luzona

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?

I am looking for the patch that fixes the HP 7410 driver in Vista. Can
anyone send it to me?

--
Luzona
Luzona's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/112058.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Andrew Rossmann

Re: Any new on a updated driver for HP 7410?
In article <Luzona.3uyrvb@DoNotSpam.com>, Luzona.3uyrvb@DoNotSpam.com
says...

> I am looking for the patch that fixes the HP 7410 driver in Vista. Can
> anyone send it to me?

Are you talking about the duplexer bug that causes pages to always print
top/bottom?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/...are&thread.id=
43
http://tinyurl.com/kwqdpm