Vista Printing - unable to add printer due to run32dll error

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIEZhbGxvbg==?=

Vista Printing - unable to add printer due to run32dll error
I have a spanking new Dell box with Vista preloaded. Went to Add Printer,
selected Network Printer and received the following error:

Windows host processing (Rundll32) has stopped

This happens every single time - therefore I have NO printers installed.

To anticipate the next question - the only other application I have loaded
on this system is Quicken 2006 Basic, which I have a hard time believing
would cause problems with such a low level driver.
=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

RE: Vista Printing - unable to add printer due to run32dll error
Have you set up your Network properly? Does Vista recognize the Network? What
happens when you select Browse for a network printer? Are you sharing the
Network printer? If you are connecting a printer to the Vista machine it's
not a network printer & you should install the software and drivers first
then plug in the printer. Is the printer Vista compatible? Not all printers
have Vista drivers yet. Check the printer maker's site for Vista drivers.
"Tim Fallon" wrote:

> I have a spanking new Dell box with Vista preloaded. Went to Add Printer,
> selected Network Printer and received the following error:
>
> Windows host processing (Rundll32) has stopped
>
> This happens every single time - therefore I have NO printers installed.
>
> To anticipate the next question - the only other application I have loaded
> on this system is Quicken 2006 Basic, which I have a hard time believing
> would cause problems with such a low level driver.

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIEZhbGxvbg==?=

RE: Vista Printing - unable to add printer due to run32dll error
In order:

Network is fine - Vista has no problem seeing it or sharing other resources.

I was able to install network printers by using the Find Printer... button
within Word - but this is a kludge way to do it

Remember, I was never even able to start selecting printers, much less pick
incompatible ones. There is something taking out the .dll at the outset.

Thanks for trying - and now that I have a work around I don't really care -
but it still is a bug that the Mr. Softy people need to address.

"Mary" wrote:

> Have you set up your Network properly? Does Vista recognize the Network? What
> happens when you select Browse for a network printer? Are you sharing the
> Network printer? If you are connecting a printer to the Vista machine it's
> not a network printer & you should install the software and drivers first
> then plug in the printer. Is the printer Vista compatible? Not all printers
> have Vista drivers yet. Check the printer maker's site for Vista drivers.
> "Tim Fallon" wrote:
>
> > I have a spanking new Dell box with Vista preloaded. Went to Add Printer,
> > selected Network Printer and received the following error:
> >
> > Windows host processing (Rundll32) has stopped
> >
> > This happens every single time - therefore I have NO printers installed.
> >
> > To anticipate the next question - the only other application I have loaded
> > on this system is Quicken 2006 Basic, which I have a hard time believing
> > would cause problems with such a low level driver.

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaE1j?=

RE: Vista Printing - unable to add printer due to run32dll error
I've found that no version of quicken will work with vista, you need to go
with MS Money and when you install it install macromedia flash first, then
money will want to update but, vista's admin rights wont let you, so go to
control panel, user accounts, turn user accounts control on or off to off,
unclick the box etc(reverse this process afterwards)...After that the latest
updates to money will download. Even if you uninstall quicken you may find
some bits of it remaining, you may need to contact dell to get advise on
repairing vista. I know how you must be feeling I have used quicken for years
it seems that MS just don't want us to use old software..............KILL
BILL!
RichMc.