compatible fax programs for vista home premium

=?Utf-8?B?dHJuZGlzcHI=?=

compatible fax programs for vista home premium
Since home premium does not have the fax program in it..just wondering if
there is one out there that will work with 32 and 64 bit...changing to 64 bit
soon as the dvd gets here
David A. Lessnau

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
What kind of fax load are you talking about? If it's small, it might be
cheaper and easier to just use one of the internet faxing sites. For the
couple of faxes I send/receive each year, I use eFax and Fax1. I think the
Microsoft Office Marketplace might have more options.

"trndispr" <trndispr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since home premium does not have the fax program in it..just wondering if
> there is one out there that will work with 32 and 64 bit...changing to 64
> bit
> soon as the dvd gets here

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
I agree. As the number of users who still have an analog fax modem continues
to decline, Internet Fax Services are filling this need. Any of the ones
that are approved to integrate with Outlook should be fine. I've used Venali
with good success
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...E010171881033),
and many of these firms are recognizing the need to present packages for low
volume users.

Another option, of course, arises when you realize that a simple standalone
fax machine costs less than the price difference between Vista Home and
Ultimate
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> What kind of fax load are you talking about? If it's small, it might be
> cheaper and easier to just use one of the internet faxing sites. For the
> couple of faxes I send/receive each year, I use eFax and Fax1. I think
> the Microsoft Office Marketplace might have more options.
>

> "trndispr" <trndispr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Since home premium does not have the fax program in it..just wondering if
>> there is one out there that will work with 32 and 64 bit...changing to 64
>> bit
>> soon as the dvd gets here

bjr

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
I have, in a pinch, also sent a document I needed to fax as an
attachment to an email (with faxing instructions) to someone who can
then fax it for you. My daughter did this for me when I could not fax
and could not get to a faxing outlet (like a Kinko's) because we were
having a blizzard at the time.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> I agree. As the number of users who still have an analog fax modem
> continues to decline, Internet Fax Services are filling this need. Any
> of the ones that are approved to integrate with Outlook should be fine.
> I've used Venali with good success
> (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...E010171881033),
> and many of these firms are recognizing the need to present packages for
> low volume users.
>
> Another option, of course, arises when you realize that a simple
> standalone fax machine costs less than the price difference between
> Vista Home and Ultimate

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
It really depends on your needs. There are many businesses that still rely
on faxes and cannot use e-mail. Most people don't realize that sending an
'internet fax' is really just sending a document to a third party, who then
actually sends the fax for you via telephone lines. Its not secure because
the fax has to go through a third-party. Most of these fax services charge
per page, and some also charge a monthly service charge and in reality you
could end of paying a lot more for faxing that you could do yourself - which
is just as easy and much more secure.

Yes, there are advantages of internet faxing, you don't need any extra
hardware or software or a telephone line to use, but the cost of a fax modem
is so cheap to buy anyway. Most already have the telephone line. The price
you'd pay for a month of service of internet fax could pay for your analog
fax modem. Cost of long distance in North America per minute now is
actually less than the per page prices some of these fax services charge.
For example, a 3 minute call at 6 cents a minute (lets say 3 average text
pages) might cost you 18 cents while some services will charge you 10-15
cents per page.

The ideal solution is to have an internet "pay as you use" service, and an
analogue fax modem (w/software) you can use when you need it.

>I agree. As the number of users who still have an analog fax modem
>continues to decline, Internet Fax Services are filling this need. Any of
>the ones that are approved to integrate with Outlook should be fine. I've
>used Venali with good success
>(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...E010171881033),
>and many of these firms are recognizing the need to present packages for
>low volume users.
>
> Another option, of course, arises when you realize that a simple
> standalone fax machine costs less than the price difference between Vista
> Home and Ultimate
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "David A. Lessnau" <DavidALessnau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3D99CE20-B1EF-4A8B-A7C5-876F2E3A5FC1@microsoft.com...
>> What kind of fax load are you talking about? If it's small, it might be
>> cheaper and easier to just use one of the internet faxing sites. For the
>> couple of faxes I send/receive each year, I use eFax and Fax1. I think
>> the Microsoft Office Marketplace might have more options.
>>

>> "trndispr" <trndispr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Since home premium does not have the fax program in it..just wondering
>>> if
>>> there is one out there that will work with 32 and 64 bit...changing to
>>> 64 bit
>>> soon as the dvd gets here

=?Utf-8?B?dHJuZGlzcHI=?=

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
dont have a lot but at times need to send things back to work

"G" wrote:

> It really depends on your needs. There are many businesses that still rely
> on faxes and cannot use e-mail. Most people don't realize that sending an
> 'internet fax' is really just sending a document to a third party, who then
> actually sends the fax for you via telephone lines. Its not secure because
> the fax has to go through a third-party. Most of these fax services charge
> per page, and some also charge a monthly service charge and in reality you
> could end of paying a lot more for faxing that you could do yourself - which
> is just as easy and much more secure.
>
> Yes, there are advantages of internet faxing, you don't need any extra
> hardware or software or a telephone line to use, but the cost of a fax modem
> is so cheap to buy anyway. Most already have the telephone line. The price
> you'd pay for a month of service of internet fax could pay for your analog
> fax modem. Cost of long distance in North America per minute now is
> actually less than the per page prices some of these fax services charge.
> For example, a 3 minute call at 6 cents a minute (lets say 3 average text
> pages) might cost you 18 cents while some services will charge you 10-15
> cents per page.
>
> The ideal solution is to have an internet "pay as you use" service, and an
> analogue fax modem (w/software) you can use when you need it.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I agree. As the number of users who still have an analog fax modem
> >continues to decline, Internet Fax Services are filling this need. Any of
> >the ones that are approved to integrate with Outlook should be fine. I've
> >used Venali with good success
> >(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...E010171881033),
> >and many of these firms are recognizing the need to present packages for
> >low volume users.
> >
> > Another option, of course, arises when you realize that a simple
> > standalone fax machine costs less than the price difference between Vista
> > Home and Ultimate
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "David A. Lessnau" <DavidALessnau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:3D99CE20-B1EF-4A8B-A7C5-876F2E3A5FC1@microsoft.com...
> >> What kind of fax load are you talking about? If it's small, it might be
> >> cheaper and easier to just use one of the internet faxing sites. For the
> >> couple of faxes I send/receive each year, I use eFax and Fax1. I think
> >> the Microsoft Office Marketplace might have more options.

Gerry Cornell

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
Not cheaper Russ if you need to move from Office 2000 to a later
version. Still it is something to be borne in mind.

~~~~

Gerry

~~~~~~~~
Enquire, plan and execute.
Stourport, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> I agree. As the number of users who still have an analog fax
> modem continues to decline, Internet Fax Services are filling
> this need. Any of the ones that are approved to integrate with
> Outlook should be fine. I've used Venali with good success
> (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...E010171881033),
> and many of these firms are recognizing the need to present
> packages for low volume users.
>
> Another option, of course, arises when you realize that a simple
> standalone fax machine costs less than the price difference
> between Vista Home and Ultimate
>> What kind of fax load are you talking about? If it's small, it
>> might be cheaper and easier to just use one of the internet
>> faxing sites. For the couple of faxes I send/receive each year,
>> I use eFax and Fax1. I think the Microsoft Office Marketplace
>> might have more options. "trndispr"
>> <trndispr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Since home premium does not have the fax program in it..just
>>> wondering if there is one out there that will work with 32 and
>>> 64 bit...changing to 64 bit
>>> soon as the dvd gets here

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
Always. Not sure why anyone who is using Office 2000 or 2002 would even
consider an upgrade to Vista since neither is compatible with Vista.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
> Not cheaper Russ if you need to move from Office 2000 to a later version.
> Still it is something to be borne in mind.
>

> ~~~~
>
> Gerry
>
> ~~~~~~~~
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> Stourport, England
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> I agree. As the number of users who still have an analog fax
>> modem continues to decline, Internet Fax Services are filling
>> this need. Any of the ones that are approved to integrate with
>> Outlook should be fine. I've used Venali with good success
>> (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...E010171881033),
>> and many of these firms are recognizing the need to present
>> packages for low volume users.
>>
>> Another option, of course, arises when you realize that a simple
>> standalone fax machine costs less than the price difference
>> between Vista Home and Ultimate
>>> What kind of fax load are you talking about? If it's small, it
>>> might be cheaper and easier to just use one of the internet
>>> faxing sites. For the couple of faxes I send/receive each year,
>>> I use eFax and Fax1. I think the Microsoft Office Marketplace
>>> might have more options. "trndispr" <trndispr@discussions.microsoft.com>

Gerry Cornell

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
Russ

The upgrade advisor does point this out. You are the first to mention
it and I have looking at Vista upgrade issues for several weeks now.
Can you point to a link covering this point.

TIA

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Always. Not sure why anyone who is using Office 2000 or 2002
> would even consider an upgrade to Vista since neither is
> compatible with Vista.
>> Not cheaper Russ if you need to move from Office 2000 to a
>> later version. Still it is something to be borne in mind.
>>

>> ~~~~
>>
>> Gerry
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~
>> Enquire, plan and execute.
>> Stourport, England

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: compatible fax programs for vista home premium
Well documented in m.p.outlook groups