Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/)
-   -   Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/16349-unable-get-lexmark-z645-usb-printer-print.html)

oldfogie 02-07-2007 05:56

Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

Just got new computer with Vista Home Basic.
Trying to print from Wordpad, it shows the printer is there, document there, and says printing but it never prints.
Thanks for any help!

oldfogie 02-07-2007 06:17

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

"oldfogie" <oldfogie@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:kZcyh.44013$Ts.42436@bignews6.bellsouth.net.. .
Just got new computer with Vista Home Basic.
Trying to print from Wordpad, it shows the printer is there, document there, and says printing but it never prints.
Thanks for any help!

Forgot to mention, also will not print a test page. Says test page was sent to printer, but no print.
I was using this printer with my old computer (Windows ME) and worked ok.

Hennie van Dalen 02-07-2007 10:53

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

Same problem here, but with a Canon Selphy CP400 USB printer.
Maybe its a USB print problem?
My PC is a HP pavilion t290nl (intel pentium 3 processor)
Before the upgrade to vista everything worked.... ;-(

"oldfogie" <oldfogie@bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht

R Mahone 02-07-2007 21:35

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

Go to the Lexmark web site, download & install the new driver for the z640
series that's compatibile with Windows Vista.

news:ngdyh.44018$Ts.27899@bignews6.bellsouth.net.. .

oldfogie 02-08-2007 02:23

"R Mahone" <****y2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OTASIevSHHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Go to the Lexmark web site, download & install the new driver for the z640
> series that's compatibile with Windows Vista.

Thanks, but I already did that.

Everything seems to be working, except the printer does nothing. Was working fine on my old computer which died and was replaced with this new one.

=?Utf-8?B?a2ltYmVybHluZXcyMDAyQHlhaG9vLmNvbQ==?= 02-08-2007 16:09

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

just got new computer with vista loaded and bought new lexmark printer z645m
detects printer says its printing but always in que and when i go to printer
options it always says its offline.ive done everything but nothing
works.please help!!!!!!!

oldfogie 02-08-2007 16:58

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

kimberlynew, that is exactly the same situation that i have.

Hennie van Dalen 02-08-2007 18:07

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

Same here, But with a Canon selphy CP400 USB printer

oldfogie 02-09-2007 03:58

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

Doesn't any MVP have anything to say on this?

Cari \(MS-MVP\) 02-09-2007 07:45

Re: Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print

Erm, what would you like me to say. I have a network of a Windows 2003 R2
64-bit server (standard edition), two desktops with Vista Ultimate 32bit,
one desktop with Windows XP MCE and two Windows XP Pro notebooks. I have a
Canon i950, a Canon i860, a Canon i560, an Epson R200 and a Lexmark Optra S
and all PCs print to all printers. Oh one of the Vista Ultimate PCs also
dual boots with Windows x64 and that prints fine as well.

All printers installed just as they should.

Now either my PCs and printers know I'm a Printing & Imaging MVP and behave
accordingly, or you're doing something wrong or your printer or PC is not
working correctly. Did you install the software before connecting the
printer? Is the printer connected to a USB port on the motherboard or on a
hub? If on a hub, powered or unpowered? Is this printer known to be
working OK? Are the USB ports known to be working OK? Do you have the
latest drivers from the Lexmark website?

There are probably a few other questions I could ask like is the printer
connected to power and does it have adequate ink supply but I would have
expected you to have checked these.

Is UAC enabled or disabled?

ANY further info you can provide will be helpful but it's difficult to work
with what you have given me.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows