Re: EPSON Printers

Hermit

Re: EPSON Printers

Hi,

If any one is having trouble with the RX500 drivers then install them
using the XP SP2 compatibility settings - you need to run up the
Wizard, which can be found by searching Vista Help the run the Epson
setup utility using that - works perfectly for me with one exception,
the tool taht monitors ink levels. All teh scanner stuff, printing etc
work fine.

Hope that helps until Epson pull their finger out.

--
Hermit
Hermit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21752

http://forums.techarena.in

mikeyhsd

Re: EPSON Printers
what was recommended to me and works completely.
was to unpack the files to a folder.
open device manager, select the printer and do an update driver then browse to the folder you unpacked the files. reboot when done.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Hermit" <Hermit.2lltrg@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:Hermit.2lltrg@DoNotSpam.com...

Hi,

If any one is having trouble with the RX500 drivers then install them
using the XP SP2 compatibility settings - you need to run up the
Wizard, which can be found by searching Vista Help the run the Epson
setup utility using that - works perfectly for me with one exception,
the tool taht monitors ink levels. All teh scanner stuff, printing etc
work fine.

Hope that helps until Epson pull their finger out.

--
Hermit
Hermit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21752
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=533142

http://forums.techarena.in

Donald McDaniel

Re: EPSON Printers
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message news:%233hFrqkSHHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
[...]

Sounds reasonable, at first read. HOWEVER, you do not mention a METHOD Of "unpacking the files to a folder". Considering that the downloadable drivers are packaged in self-executing zip files, HOW do you "unpack them to a folder"?

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

mikeyhsd

Re: EPSON Printers
when I click on the downloaded exe file, it gives the option to run with zip,

one of the other check boxes is to not run..

checking that box and allowing the unpack puts them into the specified folder.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com