sortware

Dennis Bair

sortware
how to get the printer manager to work when I try to install the software I
get wrong operating system and need administrators permission why doesn't
hp comply with windows or how do I bypass this it sure is nice to use the
program Thanks

BobC

Re: sortware

"Dennis Bair" <nomind@hughes.net> wrote in message
news20E06A9-6D67-4B91-803E-E2FD8BC105FB@microsoft.com...
> how to get the printer manager to work when I try to install the software
> I get wrong operating system and need administrators permission why
> doesn't hp comply with windows or how do I bypass this it sure is nice to
> use the program Thanks

You are trying to install your windows xp printer drivers in Vista,therefore
"wrong operating system";
http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-0-0-121.html

Click the attached link and see if HP has Vista drivers for your printer.
Rgds

Donald McDaniel

Re: sortware
"Dennis Bair" <nomind@hughes.net> wrote in message
news20E06A9-6D67-4B91-803E-E2FD8BC105FB@microsoft.com...
> how to get the printer manager to work when I try to install the software I
> get wrong operating system and need administrators permission why doesn't
> hp comply with windows or how do I bypass this it sure is nice to use the
> program Thanks

Both Epson and HP have hundreds of printer models to write Vista drivers for.
They will probably write drivers for the models they want to continue selling
and supporting, and won't for the models they want to discontinue supporting.

But they sure will continue to sell us ink (all modern printers are nothing
but dispensers for their ink cartridges. The printers may be cheap, but the
ink is not).

I buy my ink from anyone BUT Epson.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.