Need Software to work with Vista Premium

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0dGkgTWFydGlu?=

Need Software to work with Vista Premium
Had Windows XP Home and used WinFax Pro 10.2. Have upgraded to Vista Premium
and WinFax Pro 10.2 will not install correctly. Is there a software fax
program that will work with Vista Premium. I do not want to spend another
$100 and get Vista Business for the sole purpose of sending/receiving faxes.
I have visited Best Buy, Staples, etc. and no one can help me. Any help?
Thank you in advance.
BobC

Re: Need Software to work with Vista Premium

"Patti Martin" <PattiMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Had Windows XP Home and used WinFax Pro 10.2. Have upgraded to Vista
> Premium
> and WinFax Pro 10.2 will not install correctly. Is there a software fax
> program that will work with Vista Premium. I do not want to spend another
> $100 and get Vista Business for the sole purpose of sending/receiving
> faxes.
> I have visited Best Buy, Staples, etc. and no one can help me. Any help?
> Thank you in advance.

http://www.vista-files.org/programs/...mightyfax.html

This link has a program which is relatively inexpensive.
Regards

"BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote in message

> "Patti Martin" <PattiMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Had Windows XP Home and used WinFax Pro 10.2. Have upgraded to Vista
>> Premium
>> and WinFax Pro 10.2 will not install correctly. Is there a software fax
>> program that will work with Vista Premium. I do not want to spend
>> another
>> $100 and get Vista Business for the sole purpose of sending/receiving
>> faxes.
>> I have visited Best Buy, Staples, etc. and no one can help me. Any help?
>> Thank you in advance.

> http://www.vista-files.org/programs/...mightyfax.html
>
> This link has a program which is relatively inexpensive.
> Regards

This program is not yet Vista compatible.

Re: Need Software to work with Vista Premium

"Patti Martin" <PattiMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Had Windows XP Home and used WinFax Pro 10.2. Have upgraded to Vista
> Premium
> and WinFax Pro 10.2 will not install correctly. Is there a software fax
> program that will work with Vista Premium. I do not want to spend another
> $100 and get Vista Business for the sole purpose of sending/receiving
> faxes.
> I have visited Best Buy, Staples, etc. and no one can help me. Any help?
> Thank you in advance.

The only versions of Windows Vista that include a fax application are Vista
Business and Vista Ultimate. You might want to upgrade to those versions,
or, visit http://www.getfaxing.com forums to see if you can get WinFax PRO
to work with Vista.

=?Utf-8?B?YWxhbnBnaA==?=

Re: Need Software to work with Vista Premium
I really like Vista and think it is a very good step forward! It also seems
to be quite stable, especially for a new release!

Having said that, I am disappointed that I have to buy Windows Vista
Ultimate to get the both the Microsoft-supported Faxing software and Windows
Media Center.

I purchased Vista Home Premium in good faith on 1/30/07 as I want all the
home features, including Windows Media Center. I consider the ability to
send a FAX as both a home and business function. That was the case with
Windows XP, so why not with Vista? Now, I am stuck with the inability to
send a simple FAX with my modem as I could previously under Windows XP.

How can I easily resolve this fairly straightforward issue? I need a short
term solution. But, ultimately, I want to officially ask Microsoft to
provide this feature in a near-term online update to Windows Home Premium
users. It does not make sense that this feature was removed in the new
release, and I don't want to pay $150. to upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

"G" <s@n.com> wrote in message news:uvnHMjJSHHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

> "BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote in message
>>
>> "Patti Martin" <PattiMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Had Windows XP Home and used WinFax Pro 10.2. Have upgraded to Vista
>>> Premium
>>> and WinFax Pro 10.2 will not install correctly. Is there a software fax
>>> program that will work with Vista Premium. I do not want to spend
>>> another
>>> $100 and get Vista Business for the sole purpose of sending/receiving
>>> faxes.
>>> I have visited Best Buy, Staples, etc. and no one can help me. Any
>>> help?
>>> Thank you in advance.

>> http://www.vista-files.org/programs/...mightyfax.html
>>
>> This link has a program which is relatively inexpensive.
>> Regards

> This program is not yet Vista compatible.
> Nothing on the website,that I can find,says it is not compatable,please
> advise where you found your information.

Regards

=?Utf-8?B?cmV0aXJlZCBmaXJl?=

Re: Need Software to work with Vista Premium
Installing older programs in vista.... see this link may help

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win.../programs.mspx

"alanpgh" wrote:

> I really like Vista and think it is a very good step forward! It also seems
> to be quite stable, especially for a new release!
>
> Having said that, I am disappointed that I have to buy Windows Vista
> Ultimate to get the both the Microsoft-supported Faxing software and Windows
> Media Center.
>
> I purchased Vista Home Premium in good faith on 1/30/07 as I want all the
> home features, including Windows Media Center. I consider the ability to
> send a FAX as both a home and business function. That was the case with
> Windows XP, so why not with Vista? Now, I am stuck with the inability to
> send a simple FAX with my modem as I could previously under Windows XP.
>
> How can I easily resolve this fairly straightforward issue? I need a short
> term solution. But, ultimately, I want to officially ask Microsoft to
> provide this feature in a near-term online update to Windows Home Premium
> users. It does not make sense that this feature was removed in the new
> release, and I don't want to pay $150. to upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan
>

> "G" wrote:
>

> > "Patti Martin" <PattiMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Had Windows XP Home and used WinFax Pro 10.2. Have upgraded to Vista
> > > Premium
> > > and WinFax Pro 10.2 will not install correctly. Is there a software fax
> > > program that will work with Vista Premium. I do not want to spend another
> > > $100 and get Vista Business for the sole purpose of sending/receiving
> > > faxes.
> > > I have visited Best Buy, Staples, etc. and no one can help me. Any help?
> > > Thank you in advance.

> > The only versions of Windows Vista that include a fax application are Vista
> > Business and Vista Ultimate. You might want to upgrade to those versions,
> > or, visit http://www.getfaxing.com forums to see if you can get WinFax PRO
> > to work with Vista.

=?Utf-8?B?cmV0aXJlZCBmaXJl?=

Re: Need Software to work with Vista Premium
Check here

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win.../programs.mspx

hope this did not double post...

> "G" <s@n.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Patti Martin" <PattiMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> http://www.vista-files.org/programs/...mightyfax.html
>>>
>>> This link has a program which is relatively inexpensive.
>>> Regards

>> This program is not yet Vista compatible.
>> Nothing on the website,that I can find,says it is not compatable,please
>> advise where you found your information.

> Regards

from the publisher's Web site regarding Vista
http://www.rkssoftware.com/misc/vista.html

BobC

Re: Need Software to work with Vista Premium

> from the publisher's Web site regarding Vista
> http://www.rkssoftware.com/misc/vista.html
>
>Thanks "G"

Guess I need my glasses changed :-)
Regards