sharing files using a windows xp and windows vista pc

=?Utf-8?B?Z2x5bm5zMTA=?=

sharing files using a windows xp and windows vista pc
i have a windows xp pc that is hooked up to my network, i just added a
windows vista home premuim version pc to the network. my problem is my vista
machine sees my xp machice but everytime i try to acces my xp it tells me i
do not have permission. but my xp pc can see and get stuff shared on my
vista pc. how can i fix this? can anyone please e-mail me and let me know
what steps to take to fix this problem.. my e-mail address is
glynnsoileau@bellsouth.net.....any help would be greatly appreciated..
=?Utf-8?B?c2NzYTIw?=

RE: sharing files using a windows xp and windows vista pc
I haven't try to connect to my XP Home from my Vista Ultimate yet, but I had
a smilier problem when I first tried to communate between my XP Pro to my XP
Home. As long as you set the work group to the same group, it shouldn't be
much of a problem (yes, they could be picky if you are not in the same work
group).

Another good thing to try is disableing the firewalls on both boxes and see
if your able to communate to them then.

"glynns10" wrote:

> i have a windows xp pc that is hooked up to my network, i just added a
> windows vista home premuim version pc to the network. my problem is my vista
> machine sees my xp machice but everytime i try to acces my xp it tells me i
> do not have permission. but my xp pc can see and get stuff shared on my
> vista pc. how can i fix this? can anyone please e-mail me and let me know
> what steps to take to fix this problem.. my e-mail address is
> glynnsoileau@bellsouth.net.....any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: sharing files using a windows xp and windows vista pc
See:
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows