Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed

=?Utf-8?B?SmFTb04=?=

Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed
I keep getting the error "Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed" and
I can't figure out why. I am printing to an Xerox Phaser 6100 with a static
IP address via my local area network. All of our computer running Vista
Ultimate are having this problem. The actual document will print with no
problems, but I have to close that dialogue box every time. Does anyone have
any ideas on this? Thanks!
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed
this is a Xerox application. I'll forward your info to one of the Xerox
testers here.

from their active bug with the title "Print Scout crashes when printing to a
Xerox Phaser 6100"

Talking with Xerox about the best way to handle this. Printscout is
dereferencing a null handle but without xerox symbols we don't know why.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"JaSoN" <JaSoN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting the error "Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed"
>and
> I can't figure out why. I am printing to an Xerox Phaser 6100 with a
> static
> IP address via my local area network. All of our computer running Vista
> Ultimate are having this problem. The actual document will print with no
> problems, but I have to close that dialogue box every time. Does anyone
> have
> any ideas on this? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?SmFTb04=?=

Re: Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed
I am little confused still. Will Xerox be putting out a different driver or
firmware to fix this problem? It is pretty annoying because it pops up every
time. Our business uses that printer as the workhorse in the office and it
is a little bit of a distraction. Thanks...Any help from ANYONE on this is
greatly appreciated.

Jason

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> this is a Xerox application. I'll forward your info to one of the Xerox
> testers here.
>
> from their active bug with the title "Print Scout crashes when printing to a
> Xerox Phaser 6100"
>
> Talking with Xerox about the best way to handle this. Printscout is
> dereferencing a null handle but without xerox symbols we don't know why.
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "JaSoN" <JaSoN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting the error "Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed"
> >and
> > I can't figure out why. I am printing to an Xerox Phaser 6100 with a
> > static
> > IP address via my local area network. All of our computer running Vista
> > Ultimate are having this problem. The actual document will print with no
> > problems, but I have to close that dialogue box every time. Does anyone
> > have
> > any ideas on this? Thanks!

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed
Xerox is aware and working on the issue. Unfortunately this driver did not
ship on Vista so I am unsure on Xerox's timeframe for having a Print Scout
fix or a revision to the drivers that do not include this application.

I think I can help you more since we had to disable Print Scout many years
ago when it was not working well on our Enterprise with DHCP only devices.
I am alanmo@(removethis)Microsoft.com

from Xerox:
We are aware of the PScout problem as you know. What we are doing about it
is to initially publish on Xerox.com the Vista inbox drivers repackaged for
install on the down-level OSs. Vista drivers don't have PScout. This is a
short term fix as we plan to develop a new driver that takes advantage of
new technology from Xerox and MS. This driver is not ready yet so we will be
relying on the Vista driver repackage in the mean time.

--

>I am little confused still. Will Xerox be putting out a different driver
>or
> firmware to fix this problem? It is pretty annoying because it pops up
> every
> time. Our business uses that printer as the workhorse in the office and
> it
> is a little bit of a distraction. Thanks...Any help from ANYONE on this
> is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Jason
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> this is a Xerox application. I'll forward your info to one of the Xerox
>> testers here.
>>
>> from their active bug with the title "Print Scout crashes when printing
>> to a
>> Xerox Phaser 6100"
>>
>> Talking with Xerox about the best way to handle this. Printscout is
>> dereferencing a null handle but without xerox symbols we don't know why.
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "JaSoN" <JaSoN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I keep getting the error "Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed"
>> >and
>> > I can't figure out why. I am printing to an Xerox Phaser 6100 with a
>> > static
>> > IP address via my local area network. All of our computer running
>> > Vista
>> > Ultimate are having this problem. The actual document will print with
>> > no
>> > problems, but I have to close that dialogue box every time. Does
>> > anyone
>> > have
>> > any ideas on this? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?SmFTb04=?=

Re: Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed
I actually disabled it on all of the computers that with Vista and it seems
to be working great. Now if only OneCare would do the same. But I am taking
ht wait and see approach there as there seems to be a long line of people
with problems in this dept. Thanks foryour help.

Jason