Hp LaserJet 1012?

Allen Price

Hp LaserJet 1012?
I can't get my new computer to recognize this printer. HP's site says
there is a driver but it won't see this printer. I tried installing the XP
driver, but windows backed out of it and wouldn't install it.

Is there a solution??

Thanks,

Al

--
_______________________________________
Allen Price

You don't have to play banjo to be happy. But it helps.

BobC

Re: Hp LaserJet 1012?

"Allen Price" <allenpr@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I can't get my new computer to recognize this printer. HP's site says
>there is a driver but it won't see this printer. I tried installing the
>XP driver, but windows backed out of it and wouldn't install it.
>
> Is there a solution??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al

According to the HP website,drivers for the Laserjet1000 series are included
in Vista.
I would power off the printer,go to control panel,system,device
manager,uninstall any drivers shown for your printer,reboot ,power on the
printer,Vista should find your printer and install drivers.

Steve Richter

Re: Hp LaserJet 1012?
On Feb 1, 1:21 pm, "BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote:
> "Allen Price" <alle...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1BE9B932-CD7F-475B-9343-6DF3030495EF@microsoft.com...>I can't get my new computer to recognize this printer. HP's site says
> >there is a driver but it won't see this printer. I tried installing the
> >XP driver, but windows backed out of it and wouldn't install it.

> > Is there a solution??

> > Thanks,

> > Al

> According to the HP website,drivers for the Laserjet1000 series are included
> in Vista.
> I would power off the printer,go to control panel,system,device
> manager,uninstall any drivers shown for your printer,reboot ,power on the
> printer,Vista should find your printer and install drivers.

I tried this and did not meet with success Windows could not find a
driver and I did not know where to tell it to look for a suitable HP
driver within my Vista install.

I was expecting a dialog box of some sort with drop downs for printer
manufactures and models. Any suggestions as to how to help Vista find
the driver I need for my HP 1012 printer?

-Steve

BobC

Re: Hp LaserJet 1012?

"Steve Richter" <StephenRichter@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170507760.912703.165800@a34g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> On Feb 1, 1:21 pm, "BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote:
>

> I tried this and did not meet with success Windows could not find a
> driver and I did not know where to tell it to look for a suitable HP
> driver within my Vista install.
>
> I was expecting a dialog box of some sort with drop downs for printer
> manufactures and models. Any suggestions as to how to help Vista find
> the driver I need for my HP 1012 printer?
>
> -Steve
> Steve,sorry the method I described did not work for you,therefore,here is
> a link to HP re your printer:
>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...me=c008116 78

If I were you,I would contact HP (on left side of link) and ask them for
assistance,you can do this via email; they have been prompt in replying.
Regards

Steve Richter

Re: Hp LaserJet 1012?
On Feb 3, 8:54 am, "BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote:
> "Steve Richter" <StephenRich...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1170507760.912703.165800@a34g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>
> > On Feb 1, 1:21 pm, "BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote:

> > I tried this and did not meet with success Windows could not find a
> > driver and I did not know where to tell it to look for a suitable HP
> > driver within my Vista install.

> > I was expecting a dialog box of some sort with drop downs for printer
> > manufactures and models. Any suggestions as to how to help Vista find
> > the driver I need for my HP 1012 printer?

> > -Steve
> > Steve,sorry the method I described did not work for you,therefore,here is
> > a link to HP re your printer:
> >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...n&cc=us&dlc=en...

> If I were you,I would contact HP (on left side of link) and ask them for
> assistance,you can do this via email; they have been prompt in replying.
> Regards

thanks, just did that. ( to illustrate how lagging HP is re: Vista,
the dropdown box used to specify the Windows OS I am using did not
contain a choice for Vista! )

-Steve

Allen Price

Re: Hp LaserJet 1012?
I'm still in the same quandry. I tried the drivers that were close, without
success.

Come on, HP.

--
_______________________________________
Allen Price
Auburn, WA USA
www.banjohangout.org/my/alprice
_______________________________________

You don't have to play banjo to be happy. But it helps.
"Steve Richter" <StephenRichter@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170507760.912703.165800@a34g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> On Feb 1, 1:21 pm, "BobC" <rmc2k@acworthcablenetdotnet> wrote:
>> "Allen Price" <alle...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:1BE9B932-CD7F-475B-9343-6DF3030495EF@microsoft.com...>I can't get my
>> new computer to recognize this printer. HP's site says
>> >there is a driver but it won't see this printer. I tried installing
>> >the
>> >XP driver, but windows backed out of it and wouldn't install it.

>> > Is there a solution??

>> > Thanks,

>> > Al

>> According to the HP website,drivers for the Laserjet1000 series are
>> included
>> in Vista.
>> I would power off the printer,go to control panel,system,device
>> manager,uninstall any drivers shown for your printer,reboot ,power on the
>> printer,Vista should find your printer and install drivers.

> I tried this and did not meet with success Windows could not find a
> driver and I did not know where to tell it to look for a suitable HP
> driver within my Vista install.
>
> I was expecting a dialog box of some sort with drop downs for printer
> manufactures and models. Any suggestions as to how to help Vista find
> the driver I need for my HP 1012 printer?
>
> -Steve

David A. Lessnau

Re: Hp LaserJet 1012?
In my case, I got the HPLaserJet 1012 to work (at least basically) under
Vista Ultimate RTM. I couldn't run the actual HP driver software since it
faulted almost immediately under Vista. Instead, I just turned on the
printer and Vista looked for the drivers. It couldn't find any on its own,
so I pointed it to HP's install CD. Vista then went through the motions of
trying to get things installed, but failed at some point (I think it was due
to the spooler). *** I think this is the key ***==> I then went into
Device Manager, opened the "IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer" structure and
right-clicked on the identically named device underneath. I told it to
Update the Driver Software and it did the rest on its own. The printer
works fine (I haven't done anything esoteric with it, though).

"Allen Price" <allenpr@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I can't get my new computer to recognize this printer. HP's site says
>there is a driver but it won't see this printer. I tried installing the
>XP driver, but windows backed out of it and wouldn't install it.
>
> Is there a solution??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al

> Allen Price
> Auburn, WA USA
> www.banjohangout.org/my/alprice
> _______________________________________
>
> You don't have to play banjo to be happy. But it helps.

Steve Richter

Re: Hp LaserJet 1012?
On Feb 3, 9:24 pm, "David A. Lessnau"
<DavidALess...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> In my case, I got the HPLaserJet 1012 to work (at least basically) under
> Vista Ultimate RTM. I couldn't run the actual HP driver software since it
> faulted almost immediately under Vista. Instead, I just turned on the
> printer and Vista looked for the drivers. It couldn't find any on its own,
> so I pointed it to HP's install CD. Vista then went through the motions of
> trying to get things installed, but failed at some point (I think it was due
> to the spooler). *** I think this is the key ***==> I then went into
> Device Manager, opened the "IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer" structure and
> right-clicked on the identically named device underneath. I told it to
> Update the Driver Software and it did the rest on its own. The printer
> works fine (I haven't done anything esoteric with it, though).

In my case I ran "add printer" and selected the "hp 1015" printer. It
prints ok. what does not work is printing on both sides of the page -
a feature I use. Very surprised and disappointed with HP.

-Steve