IPP Printing in Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FtZWwgVG9l?=

IPP Printing in Vista
Our print server is a 2003 Server R2 w/ SP1 box that is part of our domain
and is running IPP.

We have loaded Vista up on a workstation to test printing functionality and
are running into an issue.

Users navigate to our printer url and choose the printer they wish to
install, click on "connect", and are prompted "do you want to add a printer
connection to htttp://kssnchqfspsp00/printers/02cl7000clr/.printer?"

We click "yes" and are prompted with "to access this printer, you must enter
a user name and password".

I have entered my domain credentials and when I press OK I receive the
message "Printer not found on server, unable to connect".

This appears to be only related to IE7 on Vista, as I have loaded IE7 on an
XP box and have no problems mapping the printer. IE7 or IE6 on XP never
prompt me for my network password when trying to map a printer via IPP.

Now I can browse the directory for printers and map them that way on this
Vista box - but it appears that somewhere the permissions might be too strict
to allow the mapping of printers over IPP with Vista.

Anyone have any ideas why I would be getting prompted for network
credentials on a Vista box with IPP?

Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhbm5vbiBMIEI=?=

RE: IPP Printing in Vista
Any one know how to print in the new office 2007??? I cant find a printer
option anywhere!!! I am just a little frustrated!! tks to anyone that
responds!!!