Printer Installation Error 0x000006be

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHkgV29vZA==?=

Printer Installation Error 0x000006be
Connecting Vista machines to our current Window 2003 R2 print server has been
a hit and miss experience. Connect and install fine, others throw a
0x000006be error when attempting to install the driver. One is especially
pernicious. Color LJ 4650, won't install even though there is a Vista driver
in the local store as well as on the Print Server. I thought Point and Print
was supposed to sort this out?
--
Sandy Wood
Orange County District Attorney
Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]

Re: Printer Installation Error 0x000006be
I thinks you need a newer driver for the printer from the vendor.
In particular for your hp printer you need a newer version of hpbmini.dll

See this for more details:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2642&SiteID=17

--
Regards,
Yuriy

"Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Connecting Vista machines to our current Window 2003 R2 print server has
> been
> a hit and miss experience. Connect and install fine, others throw a
> 0x000006be error when attempting to install the driver. One is especially
> pernicious. Color LJ 4650, won't install even though there is a Vista
> driver
> in the local store as well as on the Print Server. I thought Point and
> Print
> was supposed to sort this out?
> --
> Sandy Wood
> Orange County District Attorney

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHkgV29vZA==?=

Re: Printer Installation Error 0x000006be
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
--

"Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]" wrote:

> I thinks you need a newer driver for the printer from the vendor.
> In particular for your hp printer you need a newer version of hpbmini.dll
>
> See this for more details:
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2642&SiteID=17
>
> --
> Regards,
> Yuriy

> "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Connecting Vista machines to our current Window 2003 R2 print server has
> > been
> > a hit and miss experience. Connect and install fine, others throw a
> > 0x000006be error when attempting to install the driver. One is especially
> > pernicious. Color LJ 4650, won't install even though there is a Vista
> > driver
> > in the local store as well as on the Print Server. I thought Point and
> > Print
> > was supposed to sort this out?
> > --
> > Sandy Wood
> > Orange County District Attorney

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer Installation Error 0x000006be
Sandy, just install one of these drivers from HP to pickup the hpbmini.dll
file that understands the Vista OS version. You do not have to have these
printers and you can delete the driver after the install and still retain
the updated file.

From: Wenzhong Ling (Hewlett-Packard)

Alan,

I just got confirmed info from HP team, the LaserJet 4345 MFP (Version
60.053.762.32) and Color LaserJet 9500 MFP (version 60.52.267.21) are
drivers having the latest hpbmini.dll in their package on hp.com.

Thanks.

Wenzhong

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
> --
> Sandy Wood
> Orange County District Attorney
>

> "Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> I thinks you need a newer driver for the printer from the vendor.
>> In particular for your hp printer you need a newer version of hpbmini.dll
>>
>> See this for more details:
>>
>> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2642&SiteID=17
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Yuriy

>> rights.
>> "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Connecting Vista machines to our current Window 2003 R2 print server
>> > has
>> > been
>> > a hit and miss experience. Connect and install fine, others throw a
>> > 0x000006be error when attempting to install the driver. One is
>> > especially
>> > pernicious. Color LJ 4650, won't install even though there is a Vista
>> > driver
>> > in the local store as well as on the Print Server. I thought Point and
>> > Print
>> > was supposed to sort this out?
>> > --
>> > Sandy Wood
>> > Orange County District Attorney

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHkgV29vZA==?=

Re: Printer Installation Error 0x000006be
Thanks much. I added the 4345 and my hpbmini.dll is now 18!
--

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Sandy, just install one of these drivers from HP to pickup the hpbmini.dll
> file that understands the Vista OS version. You do not have to have these
> printers and you can delete the driver after the install and still retain
> the updated file.
>
> From: Wenzhong Ling (Hewlett-Packard)
>
> Alan,
>

> I just got confirmed info from HP team, the LaserJet 4345 MFP (Version
> 60.053.762.32) and Color LaserJet 9500 MFP (version 60.52.267.21) are
> drivers having the latest hpbmini.dll in their package on hp.com.
>

> Thanks.
>
> Wenzhong
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
> > --
> > Sandy Wood
> > Orange County District Attorney
> >

> > "Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> I thinks you need a newer driver for the printer from the vendor.
> >> In particular for your hp printer you need a newer version of hpbmini.dll
> >>
> >> See this for more details:
> >>
> >> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2642&SiteID=17
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Yuriy

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer Installation Error 0x000006be
You did good!!

You do not know how many times I have passed out this information for HP.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Thanks much. I added the 4345 and my hpbmini.dll is now 18!
> --
> Sandy Wood
> Orange County District Attorney
>

> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Sandy, just install one of these drivers from HP to pickup the
>> hpbmini.dll
>> file that understands the Vista OS version. You do not have to have
>> these
>> printers and you can delete the driver after the install and still retain
>> the updated file.
>>
>> From: Wenzhong Ling (Hewlett-Packard)
>>
>> Alan,
>>

>> I just got confirmed info from HP team, the LaserJet 4345 MFP (Version
>> 60.053.762.32) and Color LaserJet 9500 MFP (version 60.52.267.21) are
>> drivers having the latest hpbmini.dll in their package on hp.com.
>>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> Wenzhong
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team

>> rights.
>>
>> "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
>> > --
>> > Sandy Wood
>> > Orange County District Attorney

Newbie

Godsfunambulator is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
same problem but cant do fix
I have had the same problem, and I am glad that the others are resolved, but I cannot get that far. I receive the same printing error when I try and install the download from the HP website, it either won't start, or it starts and tells me that the spooler isn't started, but of course that is the whole problem. Every time it starts it ends when something tries to use it. I even got an error from the HP website saying it doesn't have, and won't plan to have Vista driver downloads because they are included on the Vista sys.

Do you understand my problem? What am I doing wrong? Is someone able to help me.

Thank you,
Lawrence
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer Installation Error 0x000006be
The same problem as what?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Godsfunambulator" <Godsfunambulator.2swj6q@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>
wrote in message news:Godsfunambulator.2swj6q@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I have had the same problem, and I am glad that the others are resolved,
> but I cannot get that far. I receive the same printing error when I try
> and install the download from the HP website, it either won't start, or
> it starts and tells me that the spooler isn't started, but of course
> that is the whole problem. Every time it starts it ends when something
> tries to use it. I even got an error from the HP website saying it
> doesn't have, and won't plan to have Vista driver downloads because they
> are included on the Vista sys.
>
> Do you understand my problem? What am I doing wrong? Is someone able
> to help me.
>
> Thank you,
> Lawrence
>

> --
> Godsfunambulator

Newbie

Godsfunambulator is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Printer error 0x000006be
Hello,

Sorry, I thought you had access to the above threads. I will explain as concisely as possible.

I have a computer with Vista (came pre-installed) on it and when I try and add a printer I get the Error:

"Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."

This is because the spooler appears to start with windows and then automatically turn off. When I go into services.msc and turn it on again it appears it turns on, but turns off again within about 5mins (error 0x000006be). When I start the service again and then quickly click add printer, after about 1 min delay, I get the following error message:

"Windows can't open Add Printer Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006be)."

When I click add printer again, I get the first error message again, and the whole process repeats itself.

I tried downloading the HP printer driver you suggested but during the installation I get the above errors. The first if I donīt previously start the spooler manually, and the second if I start the spooler manually and then quickly change to the setup program to install HPīs new printer drivers. If I choose another downloaded driver, I unzip the download but then canīt find any install files, and so canīt install the driver at all.

I have spent a great deal of time searching and trying fixes for this problem, but thus far have been unsuccessfully. Very frustrating. You were able to help others with a similar printer install problem, so I hope you can help me also. What do you suggest?

Thank you very much,
Lawrence
MikeEgan's Avatar
Member

MikeEgan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lawrence,

try this. It could be that a service that the Spooler service depends on is not starting.

Remove all Print Spooler service dependencies other than the Remote Procedure Call service.

Quote:
Click Start, Run and enter sc config spooler depend= RPCSS (there must be a space after "=" but not before it.)

By removing the other dependencies the Print Spooler service should be able to run, but the printer functionality may be affected, and it may be necessary to reinstall the printer drivers.

Don't forget to go back to services.msc \ right-click Print Spooler, and then click Properties. make sure that the startup type is set to Automatic. If it is not, click Automatic in the Startup type list, and then click Apply.

Under Service status, click Start.

Click OK to close the Print Spooler Properties dialog box

regards