HP PSC 1350 Printer does not INSTALL on Vista OS

doc2007

HP PSC 1350 Printer does not INSTALL on Vista OS
We have had this laptop for four months using a Vista O.S. The printer is a
HP PSC 1350 all in one. Currently running IE7 and am aware of the conflict
between HP Director and IE7. We have not used the director software although
the printer self installed as it should when we started using this laptop
until recently (1 month)

After hunting for IE7 downgrade instructions to IE6, IE7 is not showing up
in the add/remove list of programs. All directions I've found for
work-arounds are directed towards WIN XP not Vista.

Additionally it appears that the HP Director software is not installed nor a
folder on this computer. So with drivers alone shouldn't we still be able to
print and scan? Is IE7 STILL a factor??

Please help.

huwyngr

Re: HP PSC 1350 Printer does not INSTALL on Vista OS
In article <7BAB2A86-98B0-4F69-8998-498C3D1CE8E3@microsoft.com>, Doc2007
wrote:

> the printer self installed as it should when we started using this laptop*
> until recently

If I understand that correctly, that means it is using the "in the box"
driver that came with VISTA. These drivers are often not fully featured and
indeed here is what HP say on their website

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...s&dlc=en&produ
ct=306888&lang=en&

when you click on VISTA drivers for that printer:

> Scanning with Windows Fax and Scanning

> NOTE: This feature works only with Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista
> Business, and Windows Vista Enterprise.

So this raises the question: what version of VISTA are you using?

ccraib is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: HP PSC 1350 Printer does not INSTALL on Vista OS
So let me get this straight....my laptop (hp dv6233) with Vista Home Premium will not support the scan function of my hp 1350 all in one...Does that about sum it up?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwyngr View Post
wrote:

> the printer self installed as it should when we started using this laptop*
> until recently

If I understand that correctly, that means it is using the "in the box"
driver that came with VISTA. These drivers are often not fully featured and
indeed here is what HP say on their website

Select your operating system
ct=306888&lang=en&

when you click on VISTA drivers for that printer:

> Scanning with Windows Fax and Scanning

> NOTE: This feature works only with Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista
> Business, and Windows Vista Enterprise.

So this raises the question: what version of VISTA are you using?
Dave

Re: HP PSC 1350 Printer does not INSTALL on Vista OS
The Vista Home versions do not come with Fax & Scan...
You'll have to use another program to scan... perhaps your AIO came with
some?

I purchased VueScan, which works great.
http://www.hamrick.com/
Free to try..