Network scan, unable to connect

olaveng

Network scan, unable to connect
I have a Samsung clx-2160N-SEE. (MFP) Network-scanning do not work with
wireless connection on VIsta. Wireless networkprinting is ok. Networkscan
wired connection works fine. Vista Firewall is turned off, no wireless
security on router. 3com, Thompson and Linksys router has been tested. A
second wireless card has been connected, but its still not possible to scan.
The message is "Unknown error, please check networkconection" The
scannermodule will not connect trough network. I have teste serveral
Vistabased computers with same error. And last...there is NO PROBLEM in
Winxp. Please help, lot of waste time has gone..!
Nokiast

Re: Network scan, unable to connect

Good to know. I have the same problem with Vista and a Samsung CLX-3160
FN over WLAN. Also no probs via XP

--
Nokiast
Nokiast's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35758

http://forums.techarena.in

KA Spencer

RE: Network scan, unable to connect
Have you tried opening the ports that are used by this printer? Maybe Vista's
firewall is fussier than XPs.
You can find Ports via the System Tray CLX-2160N icon, and select "Printer
Setting". Then the Sync Thru Web pages will open. click on "Network Settings"
and select each option on the left to see the ports. Mine are 9100, 515, 631,
and 427.
One other possibility: if the WLAN IP address is different from the cabled
IP address, check that the address is not blocked in the Sync Thru IP address
blocking page.
Good luck!
Ken.
olaveng

RE: Network scan, unable to connect
Thank You for request. Vista Firewall is turned off, and it works
network-wired, so I think it must be a WiFi problem. I also shared my
wireless connection, but same problem connecting scanner. SyncTru:
IP-filtering is Disabled

-Olav-

"KA Spencer" wrote:

> Have you tried opening the ports that are used by this printer? Maybe Vista's
> firewall is fussier than XPs.
> You can find Ports via the System Tray CLX-2160N icon, and select "Printer
> Setting". Then the Sync Thru Web pages will open. click on "Network Settings"
> and select each option on the left to see the ports. Mine are 9100, 515, 631,
> and 427.
> One other possibility: if the WLAN IP address is different from the cabled
> IP address, check that the address is not blocked in the Sync Thru IP address
> blocking page.
> Good luck!
> Ken.

gtm

RE: Network scan, unable to connect
Hi,

I have the same problem as you: wifi network scan with vista does not work.
Have you found a solution to this problem by now?

Thanks
gtm

"olaveng" wrote:

> Thank You for request. Vista Firewall is turned off, and it works
> network-wired, so I think it must be a WiFi problem. I also shared my
> wireless connection, but same problem connecting scanner. SyncTru:
> IP-filtering is Disabled
>
> -Olav-

olaveng

RE: Network scan, unable to connect
Not yet, but engineers of Samsung is informed, hopefully they will return
with a solution shortly. I will post it when accessible.

-olav-

"gtm" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem as you: wifi network scan with vista does not work.
> Have you found a solution to this problem by now?
>
> Thanks
> gtm
>
> "olaveng" wrote:
>
> > Thank You for request. Vista Firewall is turned off, and it works
> > network-wired, so I think it must be a WiFi problem. I also shared my
> > wireless connection, but same problem connecting scanner. SyncTru:
> > IP-filtering is Disabled
> >
> > -Olav-

duckworth

RE: Network scan, unable to connect
Well good luck. I notified Samsung of the problem months ago and they were
"aware" of the problem then and I still haven't seen an update yet.

"olaveng" wrote:

> Not yet, but engineers of Samsung is informed, hopefully they will return
> with a solution shortly. I will post it when accessible.
>
> -olav-
>
> "gtm" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the same problem as you: wifi network scan with vista does not work.
> > Have you found a solution to this problem by now?
> >
> > Thanks
> > gtm
> >
> > "olaveng" wrote:
> >
> > > Thank You for request. Vista Firewall is turned off, and it works
> > > network-wired, so I think it must be a WiFi problem. I also shared my
> > > wireless connection, but same problem connecting scanner. SyncTru:
> > > IP-filtering is Disabled
> > >
> > > -Olav-

Pietro Cortelli

Re: Network scan, unable to connect
download the lastest software from samsung download center, now work fine on
vista ultimate 32 and 64 bit this is link
http://www.samsung.com/it/support/do..._c d=06010100

sorry for my bad english
good new year