Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007
Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl
 

Posts: n/a
Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista
I have a client who has two computers - one Vista based and the other XP.

Printing directly from XP to the printer works as required.

Recently she has been unable to print anything in black from the Vista (home
edition) computer.

When trying to print a test page just the coloured logo prints.

Black does print when using the nozzle check and alignment utilities.

We can print any other colour (it seems) including grey. We can print
neither black text nor black graphics. This is printing from a variety of
sources - emails - text documents - web pages.

I have tried it with and without the Canon add on module for this printer
when using Vista.

I stress that the printer works perfectly when using the XP based computer.

In both cases the process is carried out printing directly from each
computer using the same USB lead.

When previewing documents in advance of printing the black is viewable.

My client has not added any software since this problem started; the only
changes will have been automatic operating system updates and virus
definition updates.

Any suggestions please


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2007
clubintquercy@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista
On 21 nov, 15:53, Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl <Renrutekim - Teleweb
s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a client who has two computers - one Vista based and the other XP.
>
> Printing directly from XP to the printer works as required.
>
> Recently she has been unable to print anything in black from the Vista (home
> edition) computer.
>
> When trying to print a test page just the coloured logo prints.
>
> Black does print when using the nozzle check and alignment utilities.
>
> We can print any other colour (it seems) including grey. We can print
> neither black text nor black graphics. This is printing from a variety of
> sources - emails - text documents - web pages.
>
> I have tried it with and without the Canon add on module for this printer
> when using Vista.
>
> I stress that the printer works perfectly when using the XP based computer.
>
> In both cases the process is carried out printing directly from each
> computer using the same USB lead.
>
> When previewing documents in advance of printing the black is viewable.
>
> My client has not added any software since this problem started; the only
> changes will have been automatic operating system updates and virus
> definition updates.
>
> Any suggestions please


I have been in touch with Canon who did not read my email correctly
and told me to clean the print head. It is not a problem with the
drive - I suspect it must be a problem with the driver, Canon have
yet to provide a sensible answer about the driver version. I am still
seeking a solution - please.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista
It's not a driver problem because I've just retired an i560 from my
husband's PC which is running Vista Ultimate and it printer perfectly. Did
you try a new cartridge?
--
Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
http://www.coribright.com/windows
<clubintquercy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:476cef31-82ed-428b-94c2-459ce88b2296@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> On 21 nov, 15:53, Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl <Renrutekim - Teleweb
> s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:


>
> I have been in touch with Canon who did not read my email correctly
> and told me to clean the print head. It is not a problem with the
> drive - I suspect it must be a problem with the driver, Canon have
> yet to provide a sensible answer about the driver version. I am still
> seeking a solution - please.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2007
Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista


"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It's not a driver problem because I've just retired an i560 from my
> husband's PC which is running Vista Ultimate and it printer perfectly. Did
> you try a new cartridge?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
> <clubintquercy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:476cef31-82ed-428b-94c2-459ce88b2296@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> > On 21 nov, 15:53, Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl <Renrutekim - Teleweb
> > s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>
> >
> > I have been in touch with Canon who did not read my email correctly
> > and told me to clean the print head. It is not a problem with the
> > drive - I suspect it must be a problem with the driver, Canon have
> > yet to provide a sensible answer about the driver version. I am still
> > seeking a solution - please.

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2007
Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista


"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It's not a driver problem because I've just retired an i560 from my
> husband's PC which is running Vista Ultimate and it printer perfectly. Did
> you try a new cartridge?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
> <clubintquercy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:476cef31-82ed-428b-94c2-459ce88b2296@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> > On 21 nov, 15:53, Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl <Renrutekim - Teleweb
> > s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>
> >
> > I have been in touch with Canon who did not read my email correctly
> > and told me to clean the print head. It is not a problem with the
> > drive - I suspect it must be a problem with the driver, Canon have
> > yet to provide a sensible answer about the driver version. I am still
> > seeking a solution - please.

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2007
Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista
The printer works perfectly from my clients XP machine. The black also
prints when using the alignment and nozzle check facilities. I was also able
to print black by using the i965 driver however that solution is not
sustainable since when restarting the printer it reloads the i560 drivers.

I cannot print black from any application that I have tried (Word,
Publisher, Windows Mail) although some web pages appear to print black.

If I change the colour mix for black (RGB proportions) it will print but
that is not a sustainable solution either.


When I print a test page the black is visible if I set the printer to review
before printing.

It will be clearly much more economic to suggest that my client buys a new
computer which is unlikely to be a Canon but it is difficult to see how it is
a hardware problem and not a software (and hence a pilot) in the
circumstances I have described.

My first assumption like everyone else was that it was a hardware problem so
I went through all those steps - installed new print cartridges and ran all
the tests which all work perfectly.

Any further suggestions please.


"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> It's not a driver problem because I've just retired an i560 from my
> husband's PC which is running Vista Ultimate and it printer perfectly. Did
> you try a new cartridge?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
> <clubintquercy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:476cef31-82ed-428b-94c2-459ce88b2296@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> > On 21 nov, 15:53, Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl <Renrutekim - Teleweb
> > s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>
> >
> > I have been in touch with Canon who did not read my email correctly
> > and told me to clean the print head. It is not a problem with the
> > drive - I suspect it must be a problem with the driver, Canon have
> > yet to provide a sensible answer about the driver version. I am still
> > seeking a solution - please.

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2007
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista
Try one more uninstall and reinstall, using
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
(originally written for XP but works for Vista also)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl"
<RenrutekimTelewebsarl@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote in message
news:7EB5B8CB-0B4F-4AFE-8D0F-3D9C332CBC5A@microsoft.com...
> The printer works perfectly from my clients XP machine. The black also
> prints when using the alignment and nozzle check facilities. I was also
> able
> to print black by using the i965 driver however that solution is not
> sustainable since when restarting the printer it reloads the i560 drivers.
>
> I cannot print black from any application that I have tried (Word,
> Publisher, Windows Mail) although some web pages appear to print black.
>
> If I change the colour mix for black (RGB proportions) it will print but
> that is not a sustainable solution either.
>
>
> When I print a test page the black is visible if I set the printer to
> review
> before printing.
>
> It will be clearly much more economic to suggest that my client buys a new
> computer which is unlikely to be a Canon but it is difficult to see how it
> is
> a hardware problem and not a software (and hence a pilot) in the
> circumstances I have described.
>
> My first assumption like everyone else was that it was a hardware problem
> so
> I went through all those steps - installed new print cartridges and ran
> all
> the tests which all work perfectly.
>
> Any further suggestions please.
>
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> It's not a driver problem because I've just retired an i560 from my
>> husband's PC which is running Vista Ultimate and it printer perfectly.
>> Did
>> you try a new cartridge?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>> <clubintquercy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:476cef31-82ed-428b-94c2-459ce88b2296@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>> > On 21 nov, 15:53, Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl <Renrutekim - Teleweb
>> > s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>>
>> >
>> > I have been in touch with Canon who did not read my email correctly
>> > and told me to clean the print head. It is not a problem with the
>> > drive - I suspect it must be a problem with the driver, Canon have
>> > yet to provide a sensible answer about the driver version. I am still
>> > seeking a solution - please.

>>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2007
Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista
Thank you for trying to find a solution. I received your post just in time
before returning printer and laptop to my client. I tried the routine you
suggested on your webpage and removed all printer drivers in the list (but
not the inf files).

The only software that Canon propose is an add on module for Vista which I
ran before reconnecting the printer. But the results were the same - no
black.

Canon sent me to a link on their aussie site where there are some useful
diagnostics and interestingly enough they say

"Does this product support Windows Vista?

This product can be used with Windows Vista.
To use it with Windows Vista, install the software for Windows Vista.
NOTE:
Easy-WebPrint and PhotoRecord do not support Windows Vista.

[ Software for Windows Vista ]
1. Printer Driver
Since the printer driver for this product is pre-installed in Windows Vista,
you can use this product only by connecting it to a Windows Vista computer.
However, printing may not be performed correctly under this condition.
In such a case, install "Add-on module for Printer Driver (Windows Vista)"
after downloading it from Canon WEB site. The version on the aussie site was
not accessible - wrong url was reported so I used the version on their main
site.

This is the link to the relevant troubleshooting facility (not sure why it
is not on their

main site) http://alpha02.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900.

I have now returned the printer and computer to my client and suggested that
she buys a new printer - since perfectly good modern bubble jet
printer/scanners are available here for between 65 and 100 euros I think it
is time to call it a day. But thank you again for your attempted
intervention. It would have been good to know where the problem lies though!
As a further ryder to this I tried to get help from MS under their Vista
support options since her computer is less that three months old. However
the MS site reports the operating system ID as invalid even though on the
system page (ACER COMPUTER WITH OEM SOFTWARE) the registration code is marked
as activated. Otherwise we have to pay 46 GBP to raise a case to tell MS
that apparently their is a problem somewhere with their code.

Kind regards

Mike Turner (renrutekim)

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Try one more uninstall and reinstall, using
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
> (originally written for XP but works for Vista also)
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl"
> <RenrutekimTelewebsarl@discussions.microsoft.com > wrote in message
> news:7EB5B8CB-0B4F-4AFE-8D0F-3D9C332CBC5A@microsoft.com...
> > The printer works perfectly from my clients XP machine. The black also
> > prints when using the alignment and nozzle check facilities. I was also
> > able
> > to print black by using the i965 driver however that solution is not
> > sustainable since when restarting the printer it reloads the i560 drivers.
> >
> > I cannot print black from any application that I have tried (Word,
> > Publisher, Windows Mail) although some web pages appear to print black.
> >
> > If I change the colour mix for black (RGB proportions) it will print but
> > that is not a sustainable solution either.
> >
> >
> > When I print a test page the black is visible if I set the printer to
> > review
> > before printing.
> >
> > It will be clearly much more economic to suggest that my client buys a new
> > computer which is unlikely to be a Canon but it is difficult to see how it
> > is
> > a hardware problem and not a software (and hence a pilot) in the
> > circumstances I have described.
> >
> > My first assumption like everyone else was that it was a hardware problem
> > so
> > I went through all those steps - installed new print cartridges and ran
> > all
> > the tests which all work perfectly.
> >
> > Any further suggestions please.
> >
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> It's not a driver problem because I've just retired an i560 from my
> >> husband's PC which is running Vista Ultimate and it printer perfectly.
> >> Did
> >> you try a new cartridge?
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows
> >> <clubintquercy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:476cef31-82ed-428b-94c2-459ce88b2296@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> >> > On 21 nov, 15:53, Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl <Renrutekim - Teleweb
> >> > s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> >
> >> > I have been in touch with Canon who did not read my email correctly
> >> > and told me to clean the print head. It is not a problem with the
> >> > drive - I suspect it must be a problem with the driver, Canon have
> >> > yet to provide a sensible answer about the driver version. I am still
> >> > seeking a solution - please.
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2008
henio
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista

I had same problem with my i560, printer was installed properly by
vista, but it could not print black, I try to clean black nozzle, (even
though that on XP about week ago it was working) after couple times it
started working! I don't use original cartridges from cannon...


--
henio
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canon i560 via network OzBoy microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 14 05-04-2009 13:08
Print in black and white or grayscale Pepco54 microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 10-31-2007 21:24
Printing problems with Canon i560 =?Utf-8?B?YWV3?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 04-06-2007 19:02
Canon Print Driver not recognising Vista Pat microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-26-2007 14:11
Canon MF5630 printer/ Belkin All in One Print Server =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dHltb28=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 02-13-2007 22:06




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:58.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120