Vista keeps loosing my network printer?

Peter

Vista keeps loosing my network printer?
Hello,

Thanks for reviewing my question. I am having to reinstall printer software
about every two weeks. I have a network printer. My printer is an HP
Photosmart C6180c. I have another printer on the network and it works for a
while then it stop working - Vista considers it offline.

Do you might know what is causing the problem?

Thanks in Advance
Peter
Tom Ferguson

Re: Vista keeps loosing my network printer?
Sorry but I understand neither what your network printer setup is nor which
printer is somehow being dropped. So, I do not have a grasp of the problem
and thus would be on treacherous ground if I suggested a solution.

Perhaps you could provide more details about the setup of both printers.
Include the make and model of both, and the source of the drivers you are
using. Exact error messages are useful.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for reviewing my question. I am having to reinstall printer
> software
> about every two weeks. I have a network printer. My printer is an HP
> Photosmart C6180c. I have another printer on the network and it works for
> while then it stop working - Vista considers it offline.
>
> Do you might know what is causing the problem?
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Peter

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Vista keeps loosing my network printer?
HP has some software that removes these printers and the drivers. HP also
has a fix. Search for you printer model.

www.hp.com

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team