Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)

KTinTC

Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)
I have an HP Pavilion a6110n PC and HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One Printer.
Works (Version 8.5) came with the computer. I also have the Hallmark Studio
Card Program 2007 (for Vista). I am trying to print half-fold greeting card
envelopes (8.5" w x 5.5" l and 8.75" w x 5.75" w) and have been unsuccessful.
I have gone thru the motions of creating a "custom size" envelope (the
Windows "solution"), but when I try to print, I get a "Paper Mismatch" error.
You end up not being able to print the envelope because when you press "OK"
the envelope feeds through without printing anything. Windows says Vista
does not support a custom size envelope feature; Microsoft says its a Vista
problem .... It's a viscous circle. Has anyone else had this problem and has
anyone figured out how to work around it or bypass the error code???? Any
help would be great. Thanks!
Malke

Re: Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)
KTinTC wrote:
> I have an HP Pavilion a6110n PC and HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One Printer.
> Works (Version 8.5) came with the computer. I also have the Hallmark Studio
> Card Program 2007 (for Vista). I am trying to print half-fold greeting card
> envelopes (8.5" w x 5.5" l and 8.75" w x 5.75" w) and have been unsuccessful.
> I have gone thru the motions of creating a "custom size" envelope (the
> Windows "solution"), but when I try to print, I get a "Paper Mismatch" error.
> You end up not being able to print the envelope because when you press "OK"
> the envelope feeds through without printing anything. Windows says Vista
> does not support a custom size envelope feature; Microsoft says its a Vista
> problem .... It's a viscous circle. Has anyone else had this problem and has
> anyone figured out how to work around it or bypass the error code???? Any
> help would be great. Thanks!

Offhand it sounds like you perhaps have the wrong paper size set in
either the printer properties or the program's properties; i.e., A4
instead of US Letter or vice versa.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
KTinTC

Re: Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)
Thanks, Malke, but that's not the problem. I am able to re-set the sizes in
the print and printer menus. The problem is that Vista does not recognize
that you have set a custom size envelope, therefore, you are not able to
print it. 1/2 fold greeting card size is not a menu pick size envelope
(i.e., A4, Letter, etc.) Thanks, anyway.

KTinTC wrote:
> Thanks, Malke, but that's not the problem. I am able to re-set the sizes in
> the print and printer menus. The problem is that Vista does not recognize
> that you have set a custom size envelope, therefore, you are not able to
> print it. 1/2 fold greeting card size is not a menu pick size envelope
> (i.e., A4, Letter, etc.) Thanks, anyway.

Don't know then, sorry. If the only place you get the errors is in the
Hallmark program, contact them for support. Perhaps their program is not
as Vista-compatible as they say it is.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)
The printer has to support this as well.

Can you pick the custom form from any other programs?

The print preferences on the General page of printer properties are the
current user settings. The Printer default settings on the Advanced printer
properties page are for all users.

You may need to change the Advanced settings, then restart the application
to pick up these settings.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> KTinTC wrote:
>> Thanks, Malke, but that's not the problem. I am able to re-set the sizes
>> in the print and printer menus. The problem is that Vista does not
>> recognize that you have set a custom size envelope, therefore, you are
>> not able to print it. 1/2 fold greeting card size is not a menu pick
>> size envelope (i.e., A4, Letter, etc.) Thanks, anyway.

> Don't know then, sorry. If the only place you get the errors is in the
> Hallmark program, contact them for support. Perhaps their program is not
> as Vista-compatible as they say it is.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

huwyngr

Re: Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)
In article <C490CA78-BCB9-4EC5-9C27-209606D34BDC@microsoft.com>, KTinTC
wrote:

> HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One Printer. *

Are you using the driver that may be in the box with VISTA or are you
using the HP Full Software for VISTA and that printer that you can
download from their support site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=en&cc=us&dlc
=en&product=1153481&lang=en

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers 03-2007
080.001.225.000 - 159.05M

It is not uncommon to find that certain features of a printer do not
work when the "out of the box" drivers in VISTA as it was released to
manufacture but that they are supported when HP comes out with a full
software set.

Note also the updates and fixes on that download page.

If you are not using the HP Full Software from the website (the CD with
it might only have XP drivers) then unplug the USB cable from the
printer to the PC and uninstall in Remove Programs all the references
you may find to HP and that printer. Then reboot.

Then go ahead and install the HP software package and DO NOT CONNECT
the printer to the PC until the installation software tells you to or
you finish installation.

Then the printer should be recognized and set up with the HP software.

Let us know the position you are in now and how you get on.

snow

RE: Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)
I have the same problem as you. I have a HP Photosmart 3180. I called Hp and
they tried for one hour to resolve the problem. They said it is a Vista
problem.
I called Dell and they said it was a printer problem! LOL....I had no
problem in XP. I can't set a size either, and get paper mismatch. I tend to
believe it is a Vista problem. I wrote Microsoft from their website about the
problem. Maybe if a lot of people do, they will find a solution with a simple
download.

"KTinTC" wrote:

> I have an HP Pavilion a6110n PC and HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One Printer.
> Works (Version 8.5) came with the computer. I also have the Hallmark Studio
> Card Program 2007 (for Vista). I am trying to print half-fold greeting card
> envelopes (8.5" w x 5.5" l and 8.75" w x 5.75" w) and have been unsuccessful.
> I have gone thru the motions of creating a "custom size" envelope (the
> Windows "solution"), but when I try to print, I get a "Paper Mismatch" error.
> You end up not being able to print the envelope because when you press "OK"
> the envelope feeds through without printing anything. Windows says Vista
> does not support a custom size envelope feature; Microsoft says its a Vista
> problem .... It's a viscous circle. Has anyone else had this problem and has
> anyone figured out how to work around it or bypass the error code???? Any
> help would be great. Thanks!

Timnum

RE: Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope)
Like you, I have an HP Pavilion a6110n PC and HP Photosmart C5180. My Works
program appears to be V.8 and I also use a card program, mine is CreataCard
by American Greetings. I have the same printing problem you describe with
cards but I've discovered that the problem extends to Works, whether Word
Processor, Database or Spreadsheet. If I try to print on paper sizes
half-page or less, the C5180 refuses to perform, giving me invalid "Paper
Mismatch" errors. Two things I can add to the problem definition, [1] I also
have a HP DeskJet 722C Printer on the system and it does not exhibit these
problems, and [2] if I use half-page or smaller paper in the C5180 while
working in the Windows Notepad program, I also don't experience the above
problems. I hope someone who has the wherewithal to correct this problem will
get on it!

"KTinTC" wrote: [message not repeated]