Lexmark X8350 and Vista Home Premium 32-bit

rnrdude

Lexmark X8350 and Vista Home Premium 32-bit
My Lexmark X8350 work fine for most functions but when I access the
Productivity Suite "Manage Documents" or "Manage Fax History or all-In-One
Fax Settings" I get and error message "The program you are trying to run is
missing. Please re-install your software." I have installed the latest
Lexmark driver cjr8300N but the problem still exists.

Any suggestions?
bjr

Re: Lexmark X8350 and Vista Home Premium 32-bit
I set up this AIO for a friend last month with a new Vista machine. I
don't recall the software other than the driver stuff installing. I
believe you need to go to the original CD and install the OCR and other
software separately. Last time I checked the Lexmark site no Vista
specific software existed.

rnrdude wrote:
> My Lexmark X8350 work fine for most functions but when I access the
> Productivity Suite "Manage Documents" or "Manage Fax History or all-In-One
> Fax Settings" I get and error message "The program you are trying to run is
> missing. Please re-install your software." I have installed the latest
> Lexmark driver cjr8300N but the problem still exists.
>
> Any suggestions?

John

Re: Lexmark X8350 and Vista Home Premium 32-bit
When I installed my Lexmark P6250 to Vista, the Lexmark download site
explained that Vista would be providing the software for my All-In-One.
There were no drivers available for Vista. The only problem is that with
Vista I lost over half of the functionality that I had with Lexmark software
on my old O/S. For example, I know I could get some pretty dense scan
densities using the old software, but 300 dpi is a good as it gets with
Vista. There is nothing Vista has that is an improvement over Lexmark and
much is left out.

Now, I don't know if any of this fits your printer situation, but I can't
help but wonder if some are installing XP drivers, thinking they will work
for Vista.

Bottom line, this is not a good situation we are in as Lexmark users under
Vista.

John

"bjr" <bj-nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I set up this AIO for a friend last month with a new Vista machine. I don't
>recall the software other than the driver stuff installing. I believe you
>need to go to the original CD and install the OCR and other software
>separately. Last time I checked the Lexmark site no Vista specific software
>existed.
>
> rnrdude wrote:
>> My Lexmark X8350 work fine for most functions but when I access the
>> Productivity Suite "Manage Documents" or "Manage Fax History or
>> all-In-One Fax Settings" I get and error message "The program you are
>> trying to run is missing. Please re-install your software." I have
>> installed the latest Lexmark driver cjr8300N but the problem still
>> exists.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

rnrdude

Re: Lexmark X8350 and Vista Home Premium 32-bit
As I indicated in my original post, I downloaded and installed cjr8300N.exe
that Lexmark indicated was the Vista driver for my X8350 printer. That
driver did not fix the problem that I indicated in my original post. Thanks
for the response and I agree that both Lexmark and Microsoft need to start
talking to each other.