Vista spooler problem

wyocowboy

Vista spooler problem
A customer brought their Lenovo laptop w/VHP installed because her HPOJ 7110
printer had disappeared. Thinking that she needed to do so, she clicked the
Add Printer button and got "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print
spooler service is not running."

The spooler can then be restarted, and clicking the Add Printer button gets
"Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error
0x000006be)

The event log event ID 1033 associated with this error says "the print
spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error
code 0x80070006. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of
resources."

Since she installed the printer herself and she isn't particularly computer
savvy, I suspect that she might have installed XP drivers, although the
printer had been working ok for a while. I haven't tried downloading and
installing the HP OJ7110 Vista drivers yet, as I suspect that they won't
install.

I tried the steps listed here ...

.... to no avail.

Anybody seen this/have a fix?
Kevin M

RE: Vista spooler problem
Have seen this many times with the HP drivers, normally the second install
after re-starting the service tends to work without issue. I also have
installed the latest updates for performance and reliability from the MS
download site, KB941649, one of the two updates deals with spooler errors.

"wyocowboy" wrote:

> A customer brought their Lenovo laptop w/VHP installed because her HPOJ 7110
> printer had disappeared. Thinking that she needed to do so, she clicked the
> Add Printer button and got "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print
> spooler service is not running."
>
> The spooler can then be restarted, and clicking the Add Printer button gets
> "Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> 0x000006be)
>
> The event log event ID 1033 associated with this error says "the print
> spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error
> code 0x80070006. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of
> resources."
>
> Since she installed the printer herself and she isn't particularly computer
> savvy, I suspect that she might have installed XP drivers, although the
> printer had been working ok for a while. I haven't tried downloading and
> installing the HP OJ7110 Vista drivers yet, as I suspect that they won't
> install.
>
> I tried the steps listed here ...
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> ... to no avail.
>
> Anybody seen this/have a fix?

wyocowboy

RE: Vista spooler problem
In this case, she did not load any HP software onto the machine - she merely
connected the printer and Vista used its own driver. I presume that this is
still HP software, bundled with Vista as a legacy driver. However, neither MS
or HP would own up to it being their problem. HP does not offer a
downloadable driver for this printer.

The other symptom was that an event in the event log indicated that the
printer spooler failed because the printerBusEnumerator failed to start.

Since there was no other solution forthcoming (Vista's system restore could
not regress the system), we did a wipe and resinstall after backing up her
data. This is the third time Vista has had to be reinstalled on this laptop
since July due to various problems. Needless to say, she is regretting buying
a machine with Vista.

"Kevin M" wrote:

> Have seen this many times with the HP drivers, normally the second install
> after re-starting the service tends to work without issue. I also have
> installed the latest updates for performance and reliability from the MS
> download site, KB941649, one of the two updates deals with spooler errors.
>
> "wyocowboy" wrote:
>
> > A customer brought their Lenovo laptop w/VHP installed because her HPOJ 7110
> > printer had disappeared. Thinking that she needed to do so, she clicked the
> > Add Printer button and got "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print
> > spooler service is not running."
> >
> > The spooler can then be restarted, and clicking the Add Printer button gets
> > "Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> > 0x000006be)
> >
> > The event log event ID 1033 associated with this error says "the print
> > spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error
> > code 0x80070006. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of
> > resources."
> >
> > Since she installed the printer herself and she isn't particularly computer
> > savvy, I suspect that she might have installed XP drivers, although the
> > printer had been working ok for a while. I haven't tried downloading and
> > installing the HP OJ7110 Vista drivers yet, as I suspect that they won't
> > install.
> >
> > I tried the steps listed here ...
> >
> > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> >
> > ... to no avail.
> >
> > Anybody seen this/have a fix?

jimjamsellis@gmail.com

Re: Vista spooler problem
On Nov 28, 5:15*pm, wyocowboy <wyocow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> In this case, she did not load any HP software onto the machine - she merely
> connected the printer and Vista used its own driver. I presume that this is
> still HP software, bundled with Vista as a legacy driver. However, neitherMS
> or HP would own up to it being their problem. HP does not offer a
> downloadable driver for this printer.
>
> The other symptom was that an event in the event log indicated that the
> printer spooler failed because the printerBusEnumerator failed to start.
>
> Since there was no other solution forthcoming (Vista's system restore could
> not regress the system), we did a wipe and resinstall after backing up her
> data. This is the third time Vista has had to be reinstalled on this laptop
> since July due to various problems. Needless to say, she is regretting buying
> a machine with Vista.
>

> "Kevin M" wrote:
> > Have seen this many times with the HP drivers, normally the second install
> > after re-starting the service tends to work without issue. I also have
> > installed the latest updates for performance and reliability from the MS
> > download site, KB941649, one of the two updates deals with spooler errors.

> > "wyocowboy" wrote:

> > > A customer brought their Lenovo laptop w/VHP installed because her HPOJ 7110
> > > printer had disappeared. Thinking that she needed to do so, she clicked the
> > > Add Printer button and got "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print
> > > spooler service is not running."

> > > The spooler can then be restarted, and clicking the Add Printer buttongets
> > > "Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> > > 0x000006be)

> > > The event log event ID 1033 associated with this error says "the print
> > > spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start.Error
> > > code 0x80070006. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of
> > > resources."

> > > Since she installed the printer herself and she isn't particularly computer
> > > savvy, I suspect that she might have installed XP drivers, although the
> > > printer had been working ok for a while. I haven't tried downloading and
> > > installing the HP OJ7110 Vista drivers yet, as I suspect that they won't
> > > install.

> > > I tried the steps listed here ...

> > >http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm

> > > ... to no avail.

> > > Anybody seen this/have a fix?- Hide quoted text -

Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed to
fix it - do you still need the instructions?
huwyngr

Re: Vista spooler problem
In article
<a41191c2-57c0-460d-90d2-1998c1819d64@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
wrote:

> Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed to
> fix it - *do you still need the instructions?

It could help someone else, so please say how you fixed it.

BJinMN

Re: Vista spooler problem
I am also having this problem. I've removed all traces of printer drivers
from my registry, but still get an error trying to open "Add Printers" with
the print spooler stopping.

Trying to install an HP OfficeJet printer on a computer recently upgraded to
Vista Home Premium from XP.

Thanks,
Brian

"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article
> <a41191c2-57c0-460d-90d2-1998c1819d64@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed to
> > fix it - do you still need the instructions?

> It could help someone else, so please say how you fixed it.

BN

Re: Vista spooler problem
I have this problem with Vista Ultimate after I upgraded from XP Pro. Can't
add local or network printer. Please let me know how you fixed it. Thanks -BN

"jimjamsellis@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Nov 28, 5:15 pm, wyocowboy <wyocow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > In this case, she did not load any HP software onto the machine - she merely
> > connected the printer and Vista used its own driver. I presume that this is
> > still HP software, bundled with Vista as a legacy driver. However, neither MS
> > or HP would own up to it being their problem. HP does not offer a
> > downloadable driver for this printer.
> >
> > The other symptom was that an event in the event log indicated that the
> > printer spooler failed because the printerBusEnumerator failed to start.
> >
> > Since there was no other solution forthcoming (Vista's system restore could
> > not regress the system), we did a wipe and resinstall after backing up her
> > data. This is the third time Vista has had to be reinstalled on this laptop
> > since July due to various problems. Needless to say, she is regretting buying
> > a machine with Vista.
> >

> > "Kevin M" wrote:
> > > Have seen this many times with the HP drivers, normally the second install
> > > after re-starting the service tends to work without issue. I also have
> > > installed the latest updates for performance and reliability from the MS
> > > download site, KB941649, one of the two updates deals with spooler errors.

> Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed to
> fix it - do you still need the instructions?

huwyngr

Re: Vista spooler problem
Let's hope that jimjam publishes his solution.

Magda

Re: Vista spooler problem
Yes, please publish the solution. It seems like it is an epidemy...

"jimjamsellis@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Nov 28, 5:15 pm, wyocowboy <wyocow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > In this case, she did not load any HP software onto the machine - she merely
> > connected the printer and Vista used its own driver. I presume that this is
> > still HP software, bundled with Vista as a legacy driver. However, neither MS
> > or HP would own up to it being their problem. HP does not offer a
> > downloadable driver for this printer.
> >
> > The other symptom was that an event in the event log indicated that the
> > printer spooler failed because the printerBusEnumerator failed to start.
> >
> > Since there was no other solution forthcoming (Vista's system restore could
> > not regress the system), we did a wipe and resinstall after backing up her
> > data. This is the third time Vista has had to be reinstalled on this laptop
> > since July due to various problems. Needless to say, she is regretting buying
> > a machine with Vista.
> >

> > "Kevin M" wrote:
> > > Have seen this many times with the HP drivers, normally the second install
> > > after re-starting the service tends to work without issue. I also have
> > > installed the latest updates for performance and reliability from the MS
> > > download site, KB941649, one of the two updates deals with spooler errors.

> Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed to
> fix it - do you still need the instructions?

headgeek@embarqmail.com

Re: Vista spooler problem

> > Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed to
> > fix it - *do you still need the instructions?- Hide quoted text -

try this link...

has been 90% successful