Vista print spooler problem

wyocowboy

Vista print spooler problem
A customer brought her Lenovo laptop w/VHP in because the print spooler
crashes whenever she clicks on Add Printer. She had clicked it because her
printer had disappeared from the system.

The event log shows event ID 1033, "the print spooler cannot start because
the printerBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0x80070006. This can
occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources."

I can restart the spooler service after this error, but no printers appear
in the printer window. She previously had an HP OJ 7110 and the Microsoft xps
writer in the folder.

If I try to go into printer server properties, this also causes the spooler
to crash, with the same error code.

I followed the instructions from here...

.... but they didn't help.

Anyone know of a fix for this?
jimjamsellis@gmail.com

Re: Vista print spooler problem
On Nov 14, 11:44*pm, wyocowboy <wyocow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> A customer brought her Lenovo laptop w/VHP in because the print spooler
> crashes whenever she clicks on Add Printer. She had clicked it because her
> printer had disappeared from the system.
>
> The event log shows event ID 1033, "the print spooler cannot start because
> the printerBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0x80070006. This can
> occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources."
>
> I can restart the spooler service after this error, but no printers appear
> in the printer window. She previously had an HP OJ 7110 and the Microsoft xps
> writer in the folder.
>
> If I try to go into printer server properties, this also causes the spooler
> to crash, with the same error code.
>
> I followed the instructions from here...http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> ... but they didn't help.
>
> Anyone know of a fix for this?

Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed
fix it - do you still need the instructions?
wyocowboy

"jimjamsellis@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Nov 14, 11:44 pm, wyocowboy <wyocow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > A customer brought her Lenovo laptop w/VHP in because the print spooler
> > crashes whenever she clicks on Add Printer. She had clicked it because her
> > printer had disappeared from the system.
> >
> > The event log shows event ID 1033, "the print spooler cannot start because
> > the printerBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0x80070006. This can
> > occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources."
> >
> > I can restart the spooler service after this error, but no printers appear
> > in the printer window. She previously had an HP OJ 7110 and the Microsoft xps
> > writer in the folder.
> >
> > If I try to go into printer server properties, this also causes the spooler
> > to crash, with the same error code.
> >
> > I followed the instructions from here...http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> >
> > ... but they didn't help.
> >
> > Anyone know of a fix for this?

> Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed
> fix it - do you still need the instructions?

I could use them for next time, yes...

jimjamsellis@gmail.com

Re: Vista print spooler problem
seem to be two links: heres another one for you:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2501c2ed3e37bf

On Dec 27 2007, 4:11*pm, wyocowboy

On Jan 21, 10:42*pm, jimjamsel...@gmail.com wrote:
> seem to be two links: heres another one for you:http://groups.google.com/group/micro....vista.print_f...
>
> On Dec 27 2007, 4:11*pm, wyocowboy
>

> <wyocow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > "jimjamsel...@gmail.com" wrote:

> > > Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed
> > > fix it - *do you still need the instructions?

> > I could use them for next time, yes...

I've found this problem was caused by a registry issue concerning the
PrinterBusEnumerator entry in the System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\UMB
\UMB\1&841921d&0&PrinterBusEnemerator.

Either this entry is corrupt or missing or the required drivers are
not installed. As this is not a plug and play device the drivers are
not installed on a restart or through device manager by clicking
update hardware.

To correct this issue:

Start, [RIGHT CLICK] Computer, Properties, Device Manager
[CONTINUE],

From Menu bar, choose VIEW, Show Hidden devices.Then Devices by
connection.
Scroll to System Devices, and then UMBus Enumerator. Check that there
are two others. Do not delete.

If there are three:

Right click on the bottom one. Choose properties. Under details tab
choose under the property combo box DEVICE CLASS GUID.
Confirm GUID matches that under the DRIVER entry in the registry as
above.
Right click and uninstall (you will reinstall in a second)

If the GUID does not match, choose the other two until you find the
correct one.

Choose ACTION, ADD LEGACY HARDWARE
Choose NEXT
Choose INSTALL THE HARDWARE THAT I MANUALLY SELECT.. (ADVANCED)
Choose SYSTEM DEVICES, then MICROSOFT and UMBUS Enumerator

Restart, a system install will begin on restart of various associated
drivers.
When complete, restart again and check service is running.

Help this helps,

jimjamsellis
Declan

Re: Vista print spooler problem

jimjamsellis@gmail.com;3512270 Wrote:[color=blue]
> On Jan 21, 10:42*pm, jimjamsel...@gmail.com wrote:
> Scroll to System Devices, and then UMBus Enumerator. Check that there
> are two others.

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm having this problem and went through the
steps posted by mister jimjamsellis to try and resolve the problem but
stopped at this step... UMBus Enumerator does not exist/is not
installed

--
Declan
Declan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48174