Re: ie7 wont print webpages

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: ie7 wont print webpages
"bluemojohat" <bluemojohat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9822B669-EA6E-4221-81D7-629FCE4DC30D@microsoft.com...
>I tried to start a new thread and got nowhere. ( i went to "discussions in
> internet explorer general", selected "new" for start new thread, selected
> question and i could find nowhere on screen to type my query.

That's usually a symptom of a misconfigured pop-up blocker's work.

Try eliminating all sources of pop-up blocking.

> i have windows vista home premium (as stated in the properties window, and
> underneath that it says update windows vista). to the best of my knowledge
> the computer has internet explorer 7 installed on it.
> when i try to print something from the internet i receive the following:
> internet explorer script error
> line: 1829
> char: 1
> error: unspecified
> code:0
> URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg
>
> i tried holding down the windows key and pressing R and then typing;
> regsvr32 ole32.dll
> i received the following response:
> module ole32.dll loaded but failed with error code
> 0x80070005
>
> a response to that in this thread stated that the problem may be a
> permission problem (procmon) or a unregistered dependent module?
> (dependencyWalker)
> I actually downloaded procmon but have no earthly idea how to utilize it and
> the help file would not open.

Start ProcMon and then while its running issue your regsvr32.exe command.
Then stop ProcMon. E.g. switch to it and press Ctrl-e. Then you may be
able to find a message related to the error code simply by doing a find for
denied (e.g. press Ctrl-f and search for that word). Or search for the error
code. Etc. To simplify what you have to look at you can use ProcMon's
filters. E.g. find any record associated with the Process Name regsvr32.exe
and then right-click, Include that column's value; etc.

> when i started up my computer the first time after purchase i had to load
> drivers for my printer (lexmark 5200) i did and the computer has it
> established as my default printer.
> can you please help me?

You may get more informed help from a newsgroup which specializes
in printing for your OS. Cross-posting to one for convenience.
Click on the newsgroup name in the header to switch to that newsgroup.

Good luck

Robert
---