shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??

shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
I have a 2003 srv with a microsoft shared fax printer that works perfectly
with xp client.
If I connect to this shared fax from vista, it install, but if I send fax it
go to the local fax printer and not go to the fax server .
From printer folders, If I open the linked fax, I always see the local fax
queue and not the server queue.
Why? Is this a bug??
Thank you
Alessandro

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
When you configured the client software fax account, did you elevate WFS to
run as an administrator?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>I have a 2003 srv with a microsoft shared fax printer that works perfectly
>with xp client.
> If I connect to this shared fax from vista, it install, but if I send fax
> it go to the local fax printer and not go to the fax server .
> From printer folders, If I open the linked fax, I always see the local fax
> queue and not the server queue.
> Why? Is this a bug??
> Thank you
> Alessandro

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
what's WFS?
NO, I did not elevate.
I've installed the local fax server ( from add remove windows component) and
configured without any problem, the fax from the local fax printer works
fine.
Then I connect to the shared fax printer and I have the two printer fax, one
local, one remote, but it always send fax to the local one

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> When you configured the client software fax account, did you elevate WFS
> to run as an administrator?
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> <alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>I have a 2003 srv with a microsoft shared fax printer that works perfectly
>>with xp client.
>> If I connect to this shared fax from vista, it install, but if I send fax
>> it go to the local fax printer and not go to the fax server .
>> From printer folders, If I open the linked fax, I always see the local
>> fax queue and not the server queue.
>> Why? Is this a bug??
>> Thank you
>> Alessandro

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
Why would you email me directly using an invalid return address?
That's pretty darn inconsiderate.
--
> what's WFS?
> NO, I did not elevate.
> I've installed the local fax server ( from add remove windows component)
> and
> configured without any problem, the fax from the local fax printer works
> fine.
> Then I connect to the shared fax printer and I have the two printer fax,
> one
> local, one remote, but it always send fax to the local one
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:641D71B9-E995-4EBC-A1FB-08D214154A40@microsoft.com...
>> When you configured the client software fax account, did you elevate WFS
>> to run as an administrator?
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> <alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>>I have a 2003 srv with a microsoft shared fax printer that works
>>>perfectly with xp client.
>>> If I connect to this shared fax from vista, it install, but if I send
>>> fax it go to the local fax printer and not go to the fax server .
>>> From printer folders, If I open the linked fax, I always see the local
>>> fax queue and not the server queue.
>>> Why? Is this a bug??
>>> Thank you
>>> Alessandro

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
Sorry, it was my mistake!I posted to you instead of the newsgroup.
Do you have any suggestion about my problem with the shared fax?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news56D6DAE-A188-4921-98CD-2B6A8BC4FA14@microsoft.com...
> Why would you email me directly using an invalid return address?
> That's pretty darn inconsiderate.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> <alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> what's WFS?
>> NO, I did not elevate.
>> I've installed the local fax server ( from add remove windows component)
>> and
>> configured without any problem, the fax from the local fax printer works
>> fine.
>> Then I connect to the shared fax printer and I have the two printer fax,
>> one
>> local, one remote, but it always send fax to the local one
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news:641D71B9-E995-4EBC-A1FB-08D214154A40@microsoft.com...
>>> When you configured the client software fax account, did you elevate WFS
>>> to run as an administrator?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
WFS = Windows Fax and Scan. That's the client on Vista. You must run it
elevated when you configure your fax account.
--
> Sorry, it was my mistake!I posted to you instead of the newsgroup.
> Do you have any suggestion about my problem with the shared fax?
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news56D6DAE-A188-4921-98CD-2B6A8BC4FA14@microsoft.com...
>> Why would you email me directly using an invalid return address?
>> That's pretty darn inconsiderate.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> <alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>> what's WFS?
>>> NO, I did not elevate.
>>> I've installed the local fax server ( from add remove windows component)
>>> and
>>> configured without any problem, the fax from the local fax printer works
>>> fine.
>>> Then I connect to the shared fax printer and I have the two printer fax,
>>> one
>>> local, one remote, but it always send fax to the local one
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
>>> messaggio news:641D71B9-E995-4EBC-A1FB-08D214154A40@microsoft.com...

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
you mean on the local fax printer?
> WFS = Windows Fax and Scan. That's the client on Vista. You must run it
> elevated when you configure your fax account.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> <alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> Sorry, it was my mistake!I posted to you instead of the newsgroup.
>> Do you have any suggestion about my problem with the shared fax?
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news56D6DAE-A188-4921-98CD-2B6A8BC4FA14@microsoft.com...
>>> Why would you email me directly using an invalid return address?
>>> That's pretty darn inconsiderate.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
I mean Windows Fax and Scan. That is the fax program you get when you
install from Control Panel > Programs and Features (there is no "Add/Remove"
on Vista besides your claim to the contrary).

--
> you mean on the local fax printer?
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:61F14AB6-E5A8-4ABD-A870-E4528E397BC9@microsoft.com...
>> WFS = Windows Fax and Scan. That's the client on Vista. You must run it
>> elevated when you configure your fax account.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> <alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Sorry, it was my mistake!I posted to you instead of the newsgroup.
>>> Do you have any suggestion about my problem with the shared fax?
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
>>> messaggio news56D6DAE-A188-4921-98CD-2B6A8BC4FA14@microsoft.com...

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
Ok,, so yes, I've elevated when I've installed fax and scan.
But the local fax works perfectly, the problem is on the 2003 shared one.

>I mean Windows Fax and Scan. That is the fax program you get when you
>install from Control Panel > Programs and Features (there is no
>"Add/Remove" on Vista besides your claim to the contrary).
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> <alexbelli@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> you mean on the local fax printer?
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news:61F14AB6-E5A8-4ABD-A870-E4528E397BC9@microsoft.com...
>>> WFS = Windows Fax and Scan. That's the client on Vista. You must run it
>>> elevated when you configure your fax account.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista??
Are you saying you have both an local fax account and a network fax account
and that the latter still does not work? Which is the default?