Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista

Monty Meyer

Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista
Help Please Someone!

Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC with
Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only will print
what I tried to print during the last attempt to download the software to
the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't print anymore.

I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All the
patches I see are for networking printers.
I don't want to network, I just want my HP 7350 Printer to work with my new
PC / Vista.
Can someone help? Is there a particular inexpensive printer that works with
Vista?

Thanks,

Monty Meyer

--
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Listen to the World's Only Recovery Talk & Music Station Broadcasting 24 / 7
Tune In at www.Take12Radio.com

Tom Ferguson

Re: Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista
Detach the printer from the computer be unplugging the USB cable. Delete
the drivers. Restart the computer from power-off. When it has started,
install the software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...cc=us&y=6&x=13

Do not connect the printer until told to do so in the installation
instructions or the on-screen prompts. Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Monty Meyer" <montymeyer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Help Please Someone!
>
> Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC
> with Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only
> will print what I tried to print during the last attempt to download
> the software to the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't
> print anymore.
>
> I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All
> the patches I see are for networking printers.
> I don't want to network, I just want my HP 7350 Printer to work with my
> new PC / Vista.
> Can someone help? Is there a particular inexpensive printer that works
> with Vista?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Monty Meyer
>
> --
> __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
>
> Listen to the World's Only Recovery Talk & Music Station Broadcasting
> 24 / 7
> Tune In at www.Take12Radio.com

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista
See:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=72886&lang=en
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Monty Meyer" <montymeyer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Help Please Someone!
>
> Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC with
> Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only will print
> what I tried to print during the last attempt to download the software to
> the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't print anymore.
>
> I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All the
> patches I see are for networking printers.
> I don't want to network, I just want my HP 7350 Printer to work with my
> new PC / Vista.
> Can someone help? Is there a particular inexpensive printer that works
> with Vista?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Monty Meyer
>
> --
> __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
>
> Listen to the World's Only Recovery Talk & Music Station Broadcasting 24 /
> 7
> Tune In at www.Take12Radio.com

Monty Meyer

Re: Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista
Thanks All.

I tried what was suggested and it became so frustrating that I went out and
got a 50.00 HP DeskJet D4260 that has the Vista compatible sticker on the
box. It worked and I was out of ink anyway, so getting the printer cost
less than the ink. Staples had a special running as well. Buy the printer
(which had temporary in cartridges anyway) and receive a set of color and
black cartridges. I couldn't have got a better deal if I wanted to.
The only problem I have had so far with Vista was with the printer and now
sometimes when I click on a web site it bring it up twice. Other than that,
not to bad, kind of like all the whistles and bells, and I only have Vista
Basic. So I can't complain, well not yet anyway.
Thanks Again
~Monty

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> See:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=72886&lang=en
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Monty Meyer" <montymeyer@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Help Please Someone!
>>
>> Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC
>> with Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only will
>> print what I tried to print during the last attempt to download the
>> software to the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't print
>> anymore.
>>
>> I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All
>> the patches I see are for networking printers.
>> I don't want to network, I just want my HP 7350 Printer to work with my
>> new PC / Vista.
>> Can someone help? Is there a particular inexpensive printer that works
>> with Vista?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Monty Meyer
>>
>> --
>>
>> Listen to the World's Only Recovery Talk & Music Station Broadcasting 24
>> / 7
>> Tune In at www.Take12Radio.com

Tom Ferguson

Re: Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista
I am glad you found a good solution for your printer problem.

Tom