Printer software installation

CCollins

Printer software installation
I am trying to install software for HP7410 all-in-one on a new computer
running VISTA Home. I get a message that says: This system does not meet
one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product.
Software cannot be installed ujsing the "Run As" command. The installation
cannot continue until resolved. Please help.
--
Ccollins
Malke

Re: Printer software installation
CCollins wrote:
> I am trying to install software for HP7410 all-in-one on a new computer
> running VISTA Home. I get a message that says: This system does not meet
> one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product.
> Software cannot be installed ujsing the "Run As" command. The installation
> cannot continue until resolved. Please help.

Did you download the latest Vista drivers from HP? If not, try that.
Install the software before attaching the printer.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
CCollins

Re: Printer software installation
Yes, I downloaded the drivers & then had HP do a check to make sure I had the
correct drivers. However, I had the printer hooked up when I did that. I
unplugged the printer, shut down the computer, hooked it back up, and
restarted. Same results. I can print, but I can't load the software from
the CD to get full functionality from the HP Director. Some of the other
posts indicate that I may not be able to use the fax or scan on the HP
anyway. Any ideas?
--
Ccollins

"Malke" wrote:

> CCollins wrote:
> > I am trying to install software for HP7410 all-in-one on a new computer
> > running VISTA Home. I get a message that says: This system does not meet
> > one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product.
> > Software cannot be installed ujsing the "Run As" command. The installation
> > cannot continue until resolved. Please help.

> Did you download the latest Vista drivers from HP? If not, try that.
> Install the software before attaching the printer.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer software installation
Uninstall and reinstall the printer...
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
(although written for XP, the same procedure applies for Vista)

The latest software can be found at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 91194&dlc=en
--
Cari (MS-MVP)

"CCollins" <CCollins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install software for HP7410 all-in-one on a new computer
> running VISTA Home. I get a message that says: This system does not meet
> one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product.
> Software cannot be installed ujsing the "Run As" command. The
> installation
> cannot continue until resolved. Please help.
> --
> Ccollins

Jarad

Re:Printer software installation
I just had the same problem and just figured out how to solve it thanks to a
tip from another member on this page. Here's what you do. So you're
experiencing an error message that says "This system does not meet one or
more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product." and you
have windows vista. You have the install cd that came with your
4-in-one-printer but when you try to install it, that damn error message
pops up and you've already made sure you are the ADMIN since there's nobody
else as a registered user on that computer! I know, it's annoying.

First, go to: http://h20331.www2.hp.com/services/c...97-0-0-225-121.
html

If the above link doesn't work just google "hp drivers vista"

Then you need to find:
Enter a product name / number:
Download drivers and software (and firmware)
for product: _____________>>

Search for your specific HP model. For example, I had the hp psc 1610
All-In-One printer, scanner, and copier. Just type in hp psc 1610.

Then it will ask you for a more specific model if it exists. Select the
appropriate model if you know it and continue.

Then it will ask you to select your operating system. I had Vista basic
home edition and just clicked "microsoft Windows Vista" (not 64-bit. Not
too sure what the difference is to be honest).

I then came to a screen that had "Driver" above some text that says "HP full
feature software and drivers." Click that and you can check to see if the
latest driver is installed correctly, or you can do what I did, scroll down
and click the "Install Now" black button. Since the CD doesn't work with
Windows Vista, this button will install the latest version for you without
having to run the CD which for some odd reason doesn't want to run using the
"RUN AS" command.

From there, just install as prompted and your headache should now be over.
Hope I was helpful

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/169525.aspx
huwyngr

In article <52b8878ccbd146f98c1b6b38cf6bdd63@newspe.com>, Jarad wrote:

> you've already made sure you are the ADMIN since there's nobody*
> else as a registered user on that computer!

From what I've both heard and experienced that is not enough with
Windows and especially with VISTA to make you the real Administrator.

I do something similar to what you outline except that I download the
exe file from the HP website for the printer in question and note where
it is located on my machine. I do NOT use the install now.

Then after all the usual stuff of removing previous versions, deleting
icons etc and unplugging the USB cable from the PC, I locate that
downloaded file and here is the crunch:

Right mouse click on it and select Run as Administrator and OK your way
out and it will install the software with real administrator powers.

If you are using older versions of software then instead of selecting
Run as Administrator directly from that context menu, right mouse click
and select Properties / Compatibility TAB and in the upper part of that
check the compatibility box and set the version of windows you want the
system to pretend to be; then in the lower part of the TAB check Run as
Administrator and OK your way out.

Worked for me time and time again.