Windows Photo Gallery (Vista) distorts my incoming faxes when prin

Don't taze me bro.

Windows Photo Gallery (Vista) distorts my incoming faxes when prin
I receive faxes to my e-mail as .tiff files.
When printing these faxes, WPG cuts of the bottom of the image and stretches
the rest of the image to fill a landscape page.
I've adjusted the page size, layout, resolution, etc. but still have this
issue.
Images look OK in the main view, but when I click on print, the distortion
begins.
When I select or deselect the 'Fit picture to frame' checkbox, the image
will momentarily flip to an undistorted view but then it flips right back to
the distorted view. Also, when I forward one of these fax to someone who has
XP and uses the XP default fax viewer, they have no such issue.
Seamus

RE: Windows Photo Gallery (Vista) distorts my incoming faxes when prin
I'm having the exact same problem (on three separate PCs). I'd like to know
if anyone has a resolution.

"Don't taze me bro." wrote:

> I receive faxes to my e-mail as .tiff files.
> When printing these faxes, WPG cuts of the bottom of the image and stretches
> the rest of the image to fill a landscape page.
> I've adjusted the page size, layout, resolution, etc. but still have this
> issue.
> Images look OK in the main view, but when I click on print, the distortion
> begins.
> When I select or deselect the 'Fit picture to frame' checkbox, the image
> will momentarily flip to an undistorted view but then it flips right back to
> the distorted view. Also, when I forward one of these fax to someone who has
> XP and uses the XP default fax viewer, they have no such issue.

chiguy

Re: Windows Photo Gallery (Vista) distorts my incoming faxes when prin

I had the same problem. Try changing the default program for TIF files
to Microsoft Office Document Imaging...

Right click the file, choose "Open With", "Choose Default Program",
"Browse", and select:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\MODI\12.0\MSPVIEW.EXE

Could be 11.0 instead of 12.0 if you have Office 2003 installed.

--
chiguy
Teresa Smego

Re: Windows Photo Gallery (Vista) distorts my incoming faxes when prin

I have had this problem also and it is driving me nuts.... When I
tried to do the described fix above I did not get the "Open With" option
when I did the right click - whjat else can I try.

--
Teresa Smego